DH, DS, DD, etc.. what the heck are these??

I see no one has yet answered your question. If you go to the forum where you posted this question (Welcome to the DIS) and look at the first handful of threads, you will see a thread called "A list of common abbreviations" -- your answer is there. Here's the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1660743
And just to directly answer your question, DH = Dear Husband (or Disney husband), DS = Dear Son, and DD = Dear Daughter

Welcome to the boards!

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007

:rotfl: I am still learning those blankety blank abbreviations!! Will I hear angel voices from heaven when I finally get them all right? I am beginning to think in Dis abbreviation code:rolleyes: Welcome, there is no turning back know once you learn the code you are considered addicted.:banana:

My DH has now started using abbreviations for non-Disney related words - he says I'm starting a new language when I talk about Disney (I say Ak instead of Animal Kingdom, etc) and it drives him nuts!

It is as bad as trying to figure out your kids texting language LOL...ROFL

:rotfl2: What is LOL and ROFL........just kidding I know those. Dawg how did you get separated? How did you get back with your parents? I got lost at a circus once, thought they left me there on purpose...LOL:rotfl:

people use DH, DS, DD, and things like that all the time.. what do they mean?? thanks!!!
When I joined the boards last year I was told they meant: DH Disney Husband, DW Disney Wife, DS Disney Son, DD Disney Daughter. And I also catch myselft abreviating things when I'm having a conversation about disney, like we are going to MK and having dinner at LTT and then I'm going to ride BTMRR - my husband also think I'm insane!!! lol (laugh out loud!)!!!

I've always taken it to mean Disney husband, etc. The only one that gets trickey is DD can be either Disney dad or Disney daughter. :thumbsup2

It' also cracks me up a bit how folks use the proper name for everything. Instead of the Xmas party, they shorten Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to MVMCP. :) I just think it's kind of cute...:cool2:

I admit I'm guilty of using many abbreviations - it's just that it's so much faster, and after you get the hang of what each means, it becomes pretty easy to decifer. Also, the context often makes it some what easy- like hotel names that get shortened: AKL (Animal Kingdon Lodge), BC/YC (Beach CLub/Yacht club - you see these two together frequently. They are almost like two halves of the same resort), Pop (Pop Century), etc.

Even after being here a while, every so often I have to check the list myself. I'm also guilty of typos...I often type teh for the, and I often hit g before the n when typing -ing words....:lovestruc

I just have to thank the OP (original poster) for this thread. It gave me a good laugh - and makes me realize how far I've come! Two years ago I found this board and was SO lost. Now it's second nature.

You'll get the hang of it. No worries. :-)

DH = Disney Husband
DW = Disney Wife
DS = Disney Son
DD = Disney Daughter
DMiL = Disney Mother in Law
DFiL = Disney Father in Law
DF = Disney Fiance
DBF = Disney Boyfriend
DGF = Disney Girlfriend
DSis = Disney Sister
DB = Disney Brother

:laughing: :laughing: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl: I find myself laughing because I felt the same way...and I too talk in code and my DH thinks I'm nuts...

These things are getting out of hand, guess people can't find the time to type out words, some messages read like a code, plus all the banana bologna. I type with 2 fingers and other than the resorts and park initials that it, I type everything out, proper spacing and punctuation and spelling. I figure if I have the time to read some of the threads and post, I ought to at least make them so no one has to decipher them. I also am not going to print out the park with the meaning and look them up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter