DH is mean

i'mfluffy

Mouseketeer
We always go to Disney the beginning of December. And we always go away in May (not always to Disney). It's a long time from December to May. I didn't realize how long. I've been craving a getaway. DH says no. He says it needs to be scheduled. If I book it now for next month isn't that technically scheduling it? I'm not saying it has to be disney but disney is cheaper than anything else because we drive and already have tickets. It would be even cheaper if I had any points left. But I'm out of points until August. I've offically declared DH mean.

It is already March 8th - It is less than 2 months until May. I would relax and focus on planning your May trip. I don't think 2 months is worth fighting about.

Many would consider you very lucky to get 2 vacations a year.

May will come quickly.

My DH considers himself lucky if I give him 2 weeks notice. :rotfl:

You've got loads of time with two months to plan! :thumbsup2

Whaaaaaaaaa.... I only get 2 vacations a year.... Whaaaaaaaaa.... :sad:
Whaaaaaaaaa.... I have no points left.... Whaaaaaaaaa.... :sad:

Consider going without him........ I've gone WITHOUT DH several times! Not that mine is mean, but he is not into Disney the way the kids and I are (gung-ho up early and in the parks until late); he would rather sit by the pool allllllll dayyyyyy loooooooooong!
And he would be quite content!

Yeah, my husband was mean too.

He did agree to another vacation. Unfortunately it was with his hot blonde co-worker :sad2:

My friend's husband was mean also. Only his kind of mean landed her in the ER at 2am.

OP, I know you were just venting, but really, count your blessings if "only" two vacations a year is all you have to worry about.

Yeah, my husband was mean too.

He did agree to another vacation. Unfortunately it was with his hot blonde co-worker :sad2: I'm sorry. :hug:

My friend's husband was mean also. Only his kind of mean landed her in the ER at 2am. There are no words. :grouphug:

OP, I know you were just venting, but really, count your blessings if "only" two vacations a year is all you have to worry about.

Well said. :thumbsup2

I do not approve of the flaming you have gotten but I think you should reread your post about the dynamics of your relationship. You are calling you spouse mean which not particularly a mature choice of words to bash him. He is Telling you when you can go on a vacation. You are his spouse not a child and it might be good for you to work as a partnership on making decisions together.

I am also jealous like many of previous posters since I have only been to disney one time over ten years ago and we tend to take 2 car trips of less then 4 nights to visit family or local venues each year. we have never been on a cruise and the kids have never flown. Trust me it could be worse. Enjoy your may trip.

I do not approve of the flaming you have gotten but I think you should reread your post about the dynamics of your relationship. You are calling you spouse mean which not particularly a mature choice of words to bash him. He is Telling you when you can go on a vacation. You are his spouse not a child and it might be good for you to work as a partnership on making decisions together.

I am also jealous like many of previous posters since I have only been to disney one time over ten years ago and we tend to take 2 car trips of less then 4 nights to visit family or local venues each year. we have never been on a cruise and the kids have never flown. Trust me it could be worse. Enjoy your may trip.

Well said... except for the flaming part... :rotfl2: I think she deserves the flaming. I have no patients for that kind of childishness from married adults.

If my wife were to come on here and say "My DH is mean" (which I am sometimes), she wouldn't hear the end of it. This is no place to air personal childish matters...

And my wife does come on here... I am not allowed to say her screen name though, becasue she has a secret crush on Robo... :)

We just came back from Disneyworld on the weekend.

Our previous trip to Disneyworld was March 2004.

??????????????????

:rotfl:
We always go to Disney the beginning of December. And we always go away in May (not always to Disney). It's a long time from December to May. I didn't realize how long. I've been craving a getaway. DH says no. He says it needs to be scheduled. If I book it now for next month isn't that technically scheduling it? I'm not saying it has to be disney but disney is cheaper than anything else because we drive and already have tickets. It would be even cheaper if I had any points left. But I'm out of points until August. I've offically declared DH mean.

Sorry op, if this is your definition of mean, I definitely want my dh to be a little more mean. :rotfl:
2 vacations a year, not bad.

I wish that my problems were like yours. And I'm sure that many others feel that way and some even more so.

By saying it has to be scheduled might be in reference to his job. Where I work people have to plan a vacation as much as a year in advance and they only can get dates that people in higher seniority didn't already take. Two months may not make the grade if that is the case. For example when I was a driver, I had to bid on my vacation. If I wanted a week or two off in June of this year, I needed to put in for it, if it were clear, in April of last year.

Not everyplace is easy to walk away from if you want to keep your job.
:surfweb:

Well said... except for the flaming part... :rotfl2: I think she deserves the flaming. I have no patients for that kind of childishness from married adults.

If my wife were to come on here and say "My DH is mean" (which I am sometimes), she wouldn't hear the end of it. This is no place to air personal childish matters...

And my wife does come on here... I am not allowed to say her screen name though, becasue she has a secret crush on Robo... :)

Robo has a lot of fans, even in Mexico.......:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter