DH raided HD for paint cans! See post 15 for photo

Hope and Nancy: Both of your cans are super cute!

What will you each put inside of them?

Those are all sooooo cute. The teacher one is neat. I know someone who does the apple thing in her kitchen so minus the school daze ribbon that would be great for her. I may scraplift that for next year..This years gifts are almost already done. Neat idea.

OMG, Princess Nancy! I LOVE the can you did...excellent job! :thumbsup2

Hope and Mickster, love yours too!

I have never seen these before...do you buy a full can of paint and then empty it or do they sell empty ones? Any sites where I can learn to make these! TIA!!!

FormrCastMbr said:
OMG, Princess Nancy! I LOVE the can you did...excellent job! :thumbsup2

Hope and Mickster, love yours too!

I have never seen these before...do you buy a full can of paint and then empty it or do they sell empty ones? Any sites where I can learn to make these! TIA!!!
Thank you!!! :)
You can buy the empty ones at the hardware stores.. the best price is Home Depot... 3.50 for a gallon; 2.00 for a quart...
Check twopeasinabucket.com search the gallery under paint cans.. that should help..
If you can't find them... let me know and I'll search for mine on the computer and send them to you..

Everyone did a great job on the cans. Yes I love it Nancy!!!
I may do some small ones for the teachers. I'm going to make some ornaments for xmas gifts and add some gift cards. The glass ornaments fit perfectly inside the quart cans.

PrincessNancy96 said:
Thank you!!! :)
You can buy the empty ones at the hardware stores.. the best price is Home Depot... 3.50 for a gallon; 2.00 for a quart...
Check twopeasinabucket.com search the gallery under paint cans.. that should help..
If you can't find them... let me know and I'll search for mine on the computer and send them to you..

Thank you! I think it's too late for me to make them for Xmas...I am going to Disney!!! But I will definitely remember this great idea for the fiture...thanks again!

FormrCastMbr said:
Thank you! I think it's too late for me to make them for Xmas...I am going to Disney!!! But I will definitely remember this great idea for the fiture...thanks again!
Have a great time at Disney!!! Point the sun my direction please!!
They make great gifts year round!!! :)

FormrCastMbr said:

That is so not fair!!! :teeth: I can fit into a small suitcase and I don't eat much. If you have kids I'll even watch them for you. ;)

you all did a beautiful job! i love them all!
nice idea. i'll have to keep it in mind. how do you attach the paper on them? special glue?

Here are the quart cans I did for friends of the family who are Disney fans. One of them has a kitchen towel inside, the other is just getting some candy.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=28123&sort=2&cat=500&page=1

The Tinker Bell's are rubons, and the Jessica is a paper piecing.

To attach the paper, I just used photo stickers every couple of inches. However, the purple part on the Tink can was annoying. A 12" piece of paper doesn't quite go all the way around, so I covered the hole with purple cardstock. II think since the paper was heavier it didn't want to curve, so when I used the photo stickers the paper would pop off on one side. I ended up using a hot glue gun to do the sides, and it was fine. For the gallon and the other quart, I used lighter paper (the solid purple on the gallon can is from a Slab) and it was fine. Most of the instructions say use Mod Podge, but I didn't have any and I've seen where people have said that the paper can bubble if you use too much, and I didn't want to think about doing it wrong and having to redo.

That Jessica paper piecing is great! I love it!

I used the super sticky tape to hold my paper done. My kids used Mod Podge first and it was ok, but I didn't know how cardstock would be. I use that super sticky tape for everything! :rolleyes1

PrincessNancy96 said:
Ok, how does it look? I still have to add teachers name in black lollipop sizzix lettering...
Than fill it with goodies..but I need honest feed back.. how does it look?
This is a for a kindergarten teacher..but she loves teacher items for the classroom because of the young kids..
DS10's teacher is getting a winter themed one that I will work on later tonight.. my creative juices are flowing but the darn house is a mess and it must be cleaned.. :(
Look forward to hearing what you all think.. be honest...
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=4380923&a=32379138&p=75075266

Thanks for looking!!!

Nancy that is adorable. I would love getting a can like this even without stuff it to hold things around my classroom. I have plenty of little storage conatiners but can always use another one.

Rebecca :Pinkbounc

BernardandMissBianca said:
That is so not fair!!! :teeth: I can fit into a small suitcase and I don't eat much. If you have kids I'll even watch them for you. ;)
You're hired! We leave in 18 days! :teeth:

All of you are so talented!!! I wish I could do those! What a fun way to pakcage a gift! :goodvibes

rlovew said:
Nancy that is adorable. I would love getting a can like this even without stuff it to hold things around my classroom. I have plenty of little storage conatiners but can always use another one.

Rebecca :Pinkbounc
Thanks!!!
I was hoping it would be nice around the classroom!!

I'm working on quart ones tomorrow... Disney princess for two of the little girls I watch... than I'm making a Duke Blue Devils one for DS's Christmas gift... JennyL scoured the NC state looking for the papers for me a while ago.. found them..and now I'm ready to work on it and show her that all her hard work finding the paper and stickers will be paying off!!!! Thanks again JennyL...
I also did another gallon can tonight of snowmen for DS10's teacher.. I like the mittens so much I'm using them on MIL's can...
I need to go get 3 more gallons next week for other gifts..
I'm even going to make one for DH... (well, of course, we all know I will be the one utilizing it!)

I just saw all the cans and they are all great!!!! I really like all of them! I think I will actually attempt to make some this season! You know I have never made any? Can you believe it? All the things I have made and never a paint can? Unbelievable... Well on with the show!!!!

maria34a said:
I just saw all the cans and they are all great!!!! I really like all of them! I think I will actually attempt to make some this season! You know I have never made any? Can you believe it? All the things I have made and never a paint can? Unbelievable... Well on with the show!!!!
I have several more pictures to post..so check in after lunch.. they are quart cans.. I made a cute one for a little 3 yo I watch.. it's the incredibles.. I was pretty happy with it.. DH said I'm hilarious to watch.. I make all kinds of face and jump up and down like school girl when I complete a project I'm proud of..
I even had a cheat sheet for my measurements... I had one.. lost the darn thing and had to make another one.. You know, I'll find that sheet when I don't need it... sad thing is.. I cleaned the scrap room.. that should have told me I'd have a problem finding items!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter