DH's base is looking for volunteers for a mission

tiggerlover

<font color=33CC99>Still waiting for "the talk"<br
The base where we are stationed is looking for 32 volunteers to go on a mission (overseas) in August for 6 months, so far only two have volunteered. If they don't get enough volunteers they will start selecting people on their own. Makes me nervous just thinking about the possibility that DH may be chosen to go.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Hugs to you. This sure is a scary time for those in the military and their families. I have a friend and her DH is in the reserves full time and he leaves for months at a time and their 6 yo DD sure has a rough time everytime he goes. I'm sure it isn't easy on any of the family.

Prayers that things get resolved with out any military action and for you and your DH.

Melinda

My dad has gone there multiple times, in fact he jumps at the chances to go in his words "someplace with action".

He is an inflight refueler, so he loves the long hours, long days... he lives for it.

His thought is also, If I volunteer now for a certain place, I at least get done first... and I wont be ordered to go. .. to him he at least has some control over it.

My dad actually liked being in Afghanistan, and Kosovo. He is (hopefully) in Belarus right now. .. looking forward to it.

I guess it all depends on your DH's position as well. My dad has been doing this (armed forces) for almost 30 years. ..

He says it was scarier in the late 60's than now... :eek: I guess if you survive the Vietnam era, Desert Storm, And all the other conflicts... Somalia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, and now this stuff with Iraq/N. Korea... to him, its all the same stuff, just a different place to put your things at the end of the day.

Debbi, hang in there! I will be thinking of you.. hope you will find out where he is headed soon. Sometimes the waiting is half the problem.. it puts you on the edge. Take care.

My daughter's in Kosovo now and she's enjoying it but because of the shortage of replacement units, she may have to stay longer than the original tour. Hugs to you tiggerlover, it's hard but they're doing good things there.

Well it's kind of nice that they're asking for volunteers....I've never heard thougyh of the military asking for volunteers so I guess you can look at it as a positive of them actually ASKING for a volunteer in the first place rather than just selecting. It's not exactly like the military is a democracy! ;)

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie. These are scary times.

Katholyn

{{Hugs}} and prayers are with your hubby, Debbi, and all those in the service. Tough times.

Prayers and a big THANK YOU to all service men and women and their families.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter