• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We also will be walking over from the Beach Club. How is the walk that early in the morning. This would be for the end of October I assume maybe it would be dark? What time do the boats start to run? Most likely we will just walk over
It's a pleasant walk, light or dark, we've done both. We'll be at BWI and walking over. Takes 20 min to reach the turnstiles (yes, even with the new route, I timed it 2 weeks ago)

What is the event date of the first 7am EMM start time?

I'm curious to see what the 7/7:30am actually means.

Saw the breakfast food on tim tracker, the main choices did not appeal to me. I will probably just grab a cup of coffee and a pastry and call it a day. I was not paying all that money to eat breakfast anyway lol. I did really enjoy the EMM fantasyland breakfast choices there were just more main stream. Not really interested in having a charcuterie plate at 9am lol

I believe Oct. 1st is the first day for split time 7:00/7:30 TSL EMM. I got tickets for my DD and I for that day and will post an update of the entry procedure for anyone that's interested.

I think the walk from where Uber drops you off is very similar. There are no 'close' spots to be dropped off at. They have the old bus stops completely blocked off with walls and then the gondola station as well. Tim Tracker said it is about a 5 min walk from the bus stop. (that is insane...lol)
It's not really excessive though, see this
It's long and it's hot, but it isn't that bad of a walk at all. I already do miles upon miles per day at Disney Parks; what's an extra 1/4 mile or so? And by the time you're done taking several buses to transfer to an Epcot Area resort to take the boat (unless you're staying at one), what have you gained other than a minute reduction in steps? Is it worth taking a bus from your resort to DS to the Epcot Resort to HS? Not to mention all the walking you'd have to do from the DS drop off to the Epcot Resort Bus Stop.

I measured in Google Earth using Path Measure and it's actually a very slightly longer walk from where buses drop off at Epcot to Bag Check.

From the bus stop for OKW to Bag Check at HS was 0.21 or 0.23 miles.
From where the bus drops off at Epcot to Bag Check was 0.24 miles. The usual Pop bus stop is about 0.24 miles as well.

It's 0.25 miles from the bus drop off to the farthest stop in the Bus Loop for DS, and 0.21 miles from drop-off point to the farthest stop in the middle of the bus loops at DS.

The path from The Little Mermaid Room Building to the Bus Stops at AoA is 0.34 miles.

It's a pleasant walk, light or dark, we've done both. We'll be at BWI and walking over. Takes 20 min to reach the turnstiles (yes, even with the new route, I timed it 2 weeks ago)

Okay so if we are at the beach club figure about 25 to 30 minute to walk over with all the construction?

Okay so if we are at the beach club figure about 25 to 30 minute to walk over with all the construction?

I could be mistaken, but I didn’t think the walking path from the resorts (or the boat) was affected by the construction. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

I could be mistaken, but I didn’t think the walking path from the resorts (or the boat) was affected by the construction. Hopefully someone else can confirm.

At the moment, the path has been modified due to construction. It routes through the new temporary bus area. Hard for me to estimate exactly but I’d say an additional 5ish mins. Have not walked it, only seen aerials.

We took a Minnie Van to/from DHS the other morning, man the entrance is a mess!

At the moment, the path has been modified due to construction. It routes through the new temporary bus area. Hard for me to estimate exactly but I’d say an additional 5ish mins. Have not walked it, only seen aerials.

Ah, gotcha.

So to answer the previous poster, I’d estimate a 20 minute walk. It used to be about 15.

where do the minnie vans drop you off and pick up

Quick request for advice- we will coming from Bay Lake Towers for this on the 3rd...I am not sure what time the buses start running, is it 90 minutes before park open? If that’s the case, they wouldn’t even be running until the event starts. I am totally down for using a Minnie Van, but we haven’t used them (or Lyft) before and I’m worried that I’ll manage to screw up the booking somehow. I don’t even know where they stop at BLT. Does anyone have suggestions for how to get there by 7:15? Thanks in advance :)!

Quick request for advice- we will coming from Bay Lake Towers for this on the 3rd...I am not sure what time the buses start running, is it 90 minutes before park open? If that’s the case, they wouldn’t even be running until the event starts. I am totally down for using a Minnie Van, but we haven’t used them (or Lyft) before and I’m worried that I’ll manage to screw up the booking somehow. I don’t even know where they stop at BLT. Does anyone have suggestions for how to get there by 7:15? Thanks in advance :)!

Buses start running at about 6:30 AM.

Download the Lyft app. You request a Minnie Van or regular Lyft. They give you a couple of choices on where to pick you up. Easy peasy.

Planning 30 is more than enough. At least it's never taken more than 5 min to walk from BC to BWI.

Newbie poster here. I have read for a while but I have a question... do bus times show in the Disney app? I know I read somewhere they were going to start implementing/trialing this. Has it happened yet? That would be extremely helpful on our EMM morning day, or any day for that matter.

I'm guessing it hasn't happened or I think I would have seen it somewhere.

Newbie poster here. I have read for a while but I have a question... do bus times show in the Disney app? I know I read somewhere they were going to start implementing/trialing this. Has it happened yet? That would be extremely helpful on our EMM morning day, or any day for that matter.

Yes, they show up in the app once you are at your resort! They only have park-bound times so far (i.e., not from a park back to your resort) but we have found it very helpful.

Yes, they show up in the app once you are at your resort! They only have park-bound times so far (i.e., not from a park back to your resort) but we have found it very helpful.

Yeah, I used it Friday AM on the way to the AP TSL morning event. DHS bus had the default “Every 20 mins” which it shows when a bus isn’t in route, so that made my decision to Minnie Van easy :-)

Note, like the wait time boards at the resort bus stops, the results are dynamic and can change quickly as buses are added, in traffic, etc.

BTW, here’s a screen shot of results right now:

8A6A1CC7-7B09-4416-AE10-F856D472820A.png

where do the minnie vans drop you off and pick up

Big caveat that this is only accurate as of right now and is subject to change with changes to construction in this area. There is a lot going on and the parking lot/entrance is kind of a mess, to put it lightly.

The Minnie Van (and taxi/other ride share I believe) drop off and pick up area is roughly around the red circle and just off the image to the left. The red path is the walkway to the entrance.

CD714655-638A-4776-B461-719B010A5008.jpeg

Image is courtesy of @bioreconstruct on Twitter (who is a good follow, BTW), the red circle and lines were added by me.

Hope that helps.

Download the Lyft app. You request a Minnie Van or regular Lyft. They give you a couple of choices on where to pick you up. Easy peasy.
Thank you! Unfortunately, it looks like they (Lyft) don’t have a car seat option, so I guess I will have to cough up for the Minnie Van if the bus times look discouraging at 6:45 or so that morning.

Thank you! Unfortunately, it looks like they (Lyft) don’t have a car seat option, so I guess I will have to cough up for the Minnie Van if the bus times look discouraging at 6:45 or so that morning.

FYI, Uber has a car seat option but they are often in very short supply, if you can even find one with a car seat. The price with that option is often in the general zone as a Minnie Van. Since we need a car seat too, Minnie Van has been a very good option for us in many circumstances, especially AMs when we often don’t have a ton of room for timing error in whatever we are doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter