Did I use too many points!!

ClarabelleCow

Where did my tag go? Oh fairy, can you help me?
After reading the post on should I buy more points. I took a look at my balance :sad1: I only have 185 points of my 260 left fornext year. I spent 352 points on 6 nights around new years!!! Thats 58.6 points a night for a 2 bedroom. Would a 2 bedroom cost more than the standard 10 pe rpoint ($586.00) a night during that time of year??? Starting to panic because I don't have much left for next year, and don't like to get in the hole with points. But for this trip esepecially I didn't want to move around! I know I am over thinking, this is what the points were bought for!

Well, remember you can borrow from the year after, next year. However, if you plan to stay over New Years every year, you'll clearly run out of points eventually. By the same token, perhaps you'll decide to skip every third year, or so, and that could get you back on track. Alternatively, you may start considering five night stays (avoiding the most "costly" nights). Barring those, of course, you'll need to buy more points. However, my recommendation is to look ahead and decide whether you foresee always using points as quickly as you have this year.

ClarabelleCow,
I was just browsing some of the prices on Expedia... I don't know your exact dates, so I just used a check-in date of 12/27/05-checking out on 1/1/06 (there are only a few dates which have availability--most are sold out...so this is hypothetical :) ).

At BCV :
Studio: $459
1Bedroom villa(holiday)- $590
2Bedroom villa(holiday)- $1040

At BWV
Studio $459
1 Bedroom villa (holiday)-$590
(nothing listed for 2BR)

At VWL
Studio $449
1 Bedroom villa (holiday)-$580
2 Bedroom villa (holiday)-$1015

These prices do not include the additional tax, either...

For a holiday season, I think your price works out to a pretty good deal. :)

-DC :earsboy:

i dont mine going in the hole with points, what happens if you cant make it one year, than being in the hole will be good so you can bank all the points

dcfromva said:
ClarabelleCow,
I was just browsing some of the prices on Expedia... I don't know your exact dates, so I just used a check-in date of 12/27/05-checking out on 1/1/06 (there are only a few dates which have availability--most are sold out...so this is hypothetical :) ).

At BCV :
Studio: $459
1Bedroom villa(holiday)- $590
2Bedroom villa(holiday)- $1040

At BWV
Studio $459
1 Bedroom villa (holiday)-$590
(nothing listed for 2BR)

At VWL
Studio $449
1 Bedroom villa (holiday)-$580
2 Bedroom villa (holiday)-$1015

These prices do not include the additional tax, either...

For a holiday season, I think your price works out to a pretty good deal. :)

-DC :earsboy:

Okay I feel much better!!!! we are staying from 12/29 - 1/4, so that would be a $7000.00 vacation!!! YUP, good deal to me, I did good for once!! :cool1:

Just to be sure, call CRO and ask if there is an AP discount during the time you are going. Sometimes Disney offers its own discounts, too, so ask if there are any discounts. Two years ago we were able to rent a one bedroom at BWV for $222 per night, plus tax, if we arrived on the 23rd of December. We added three days on at the beginning of our trip, and got all 10 nights for $222 per night! It was a wonderful trip--ahhh, the good ole days :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter