Did Someone Say Adventure?! An Oct '13 TR! (Updated 5/27/14)

Wow, how nice to meet up with an old friend... and what a great place to meet up with an old friend. :mickeyjum

Ooh look at the tiger right up to the glass. I often wonder what they're thinking. "Oh Look... people!" or "MMMMMM yum... people!"

Speaking of yum, YAK & YETI!!!

Haha, looks like your folks are bouncing Simba a little bit. :laughing:

I miss POP so much, and BOO on leaving. Worst... Thing... Ever.

I have not seen those costumes for Goofy and Pluto before. I'll have to watch for them this summer. Like you I'm a sucker for the different outfits!

I don't want your trip to end! I've really enjoyed your report!

What a gorgeous afternoon at POP!

very cool that you got to meet up with your friend!

Glad you enjoyed Yak & Yeti, especially since it wasn't your first choice

Nice pics of everest!

Ah Minnie's new spot is so cute! Love the comparison shot!

Cotton Candy was a terrific idea for BATB! :good vibes

OMG I used to LOVE One Tree Hill and it DOES look like her! I wonder if it is-- that's so cool! Good catch!

Love all the BATB pictures-- I love that show so much. Aw your chip magic shots are adorable.

Characterpalooza seems like so much fun! You guys met so many characters!

That ToT is so cute!

A mickey bar to end the night is an amazing decision!

Oh no the last Disney day is the worst.

How fun that you got to meet up with a friend! And gorgeous pictures of the trek.

That picture of Expedition Everest needs to be framed! Amazing!

I really enjoy Primeval Whirl too as silly as it seems!

Going back to the hotel to wait for the magical express is literally the WORST feeling! I did the same thing when we got back to Pop though :rotfl:-- spent more money in the gift shop.

I can't believe your report is almost over. :sad1: I just wanna go back already!

So fun that your friend was able to come and meet up with you. And I love the tiger pictures you were able to get, so cute!

Ahhh Yak and Yeti, they have the best sweet and sour chicken, I LOVE it. My Mom is not an adventurous eater at all so we didn't get to eat there, her one downfall as a travel buddy haha.

My Mom feels the same way about Everest, she tolerates it but doesn't love it.

Goofy and Pluto are so cute in their little outfits and anytime you can meet two characters at once is awesome in my book.

Yes spending money on more pins is an excellent way to combat the Disney depression, or on snacks haha.

That's great your friend was able to meet up with you and spend some time having fun!

Boooooo at having to leave. Seriously, departure day is such a kick in the gut!!

it sounds like you had a lot of fun on your last ( :( ) day! and seeing a friend makes it even better.

I love your pictures of the bats! they may be my favorite animal to see at AK.

I had to laugh at your going home face. we have a picture of our oldest on the ME going home from our first trip making the same face! it is the worst ride ever!

Wow, how nice to meet up with an old friend... and what a great place to meet up with an old friend. :mickeyjum

Ooh look at the tiger right up to the glass. I often wonder what they're thinking. "Oh Look... people!" or "MMMMMM yum... people!"

Speaking of yum, YAK & YETI!!!

Haha, looks like your folks are bouncing Simba a little bit. :laughing:

I miss POP so much, and BOO on leaving. Worst... Thing... Ever.

It was very nice, Rob! And you're right, no better place than Disney!

I'm pretty sure the Tiger was thinking MMM yum :rotfl:

It always annoys me a little when the magic shots don't come out quite right!

I have not seen those costumes for Goofy and Pluto before. I'll have to watch for them this summer. Like you I'm a sucker for the different outfits!

I don't want your trip to end! I've really enjoyed your report!

What a gorgeous afternoon at POP!

It's good to know I'm not crazy for wanting to meet the characters in every costume imaginable! They're just so hard to resist!

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you've enjoyed :goodvibes

very cool that you got to meet up with your friend!

Glad you enjoyed Yak & Yeti, especially since it wasn't your first choice

Nice pics of everest!

Thank you! So funny that Yak & Yeti has gone from not being a first choice to being a must do on the next trip!

Ah Minnie's new spot is so cute! Love the comparison shot!

Cotton Candy was a terrific idea for BATB! :good vibes

OMG I used to LOVE One Tree Hill and it DOES look like her! I wonder if it is-- that's so cool! Good catch!

Love all the BATB pictures-- I love that show so much. Aw your chip magic shots are adorable.

Characterpalooza seems like so much fun! You guys met so many characters!

That ToT is so cute!

A mickey bar to end the night is an amazing decision!

Oh no the last Disney day is the worst.

How fun that you got to meet up with a friend! And gorgeous pictures of the trek.

That picture of Expedition Everest needs to be framed! Amazing!

I really enjoy Primeval Whirl too as silly as it seems!

Going back to the hotel to wait for the magical express is literally the WORST feeling! I did the same thing when we got back to Pop though :rotfl:-- spent more money in the gift shop.

I can't believe your report is almost over. :sad1: I just wanna go back already!

Ugh I wanna go back too!! Thanks for all your comments :) I'm glad you agree with me about the One Tree Hill thing! And thank you for making me feel completely normal about spending money to keep the depression from sinking in ;)

So fun that your friend was able to come and meet up with you. And I love the tiger pictures you were able to get, so cute!

Ahhh Yak and Yeti, they have the best sweet and sour chicken, I LOVE it. My Mom is not an adventurous eater at all so we didn't get to eat there, her one downfall as a travel buddy haha.

My Mom feels the same way about Everest, she tolerates it but doesn't love it.

Goofy and Pluto are so cute in their little outfits and anytime you can meet two characters at once is awesome in my book.

Yes spending money on more pins is an excellent way to combat the Disney depression, or on snacks haha.

It was really fun to spend the day with her!

I guess every travel buddy has their cons right? Funny that our moms have similar Everest feelings ;)

Meeting 2 characters at once is definitely awesome, makes the waiting in line even more worth it!

That's great your friend was able to meet up with you and spend some time having fun!

Boooooo at having to leave. Seriously, departure day is such a kick in the gut!!

Yes it was a great afternoon! Ugh leaving is the WORST :(

it sounds like you had a lot of fun on your last ( :( ) day! and seeing a friend makes it even better.

I love your pictures of the bats! they may be my favorite animal to see at AK.

I had to laugh at your going home face. we have a picture of our oldest on the ME going home from our first trip making the same face! it is the worst ride ever!

Despite being the last day, it really was fun!

The bats are SO awesome!

Haha, see Disney really does bring out the child in me :lmao:

Just catching up! Boo for your last day. :sad1: But how nice you got to catch up with an old friend! And your MJT photos are great!

Wrap Up Post!

I'll start this post with a picture of all the pins I acquired on this trip:

I absolutely love pin trading, and definitely got mom and dad into it as well. I had 2 lanyards for pins, so I made sure they always had one with some pins in case they saw anything. They loved searching for any pins they though I might like!

This truly was a fantastic and magical trip. My parents enjoyed it so much, probably more than they thought they would! Sometimes I worried that I pushed them too hard by trying to fit in as much as possible. But though they got tired sometimes, they were happy that we got to do so much! So I'm very pleased with how it all all turned out :)

Before we even left on this trip I was already talking to my mom about future trips and she would say "This is probably going to be the only Disney trip we do for a while". Well this trip TOTALLY changed her Disney outlook :goodvibes We're constantly talking Disney, which probably drives Dad a little crazy :rotfl: But he loves it too...We all even watched the debut of Festival of Fantasy through the live stream together.

I wanted to wait to post this until it was official, but I cannot wait any longer. We are VERY close to booking a trip for November! :yay: It will be myself and my parents again. They weren't quite sold on going again so soon, but I made some very good arguments ;) This will definitely be the last Disney trip I take with them for awhile as they really want us to go other places, which I totally understand. However, since we didn't have anything planned for this year, I told them it would be the perfect opportunity to go again! Like any DISer I already have a pretty firm plan in place, and we'll hopefully be booking things very soon. Once confirmed, I will definitely do another PTR and of course TR to follow :) I'll post the PTR link on this thread once I have it up, so I hope you all will join me again!

Lastly, I just wanted to say thank you SO much to everyone that followed along and left comments! :hug: I didn't think I'd have many readers so I'm just so happy that you all took the time to read about our journey!

Yay! Future trip plans! We used to always go in November and thought it was a wonderful time to go. Great weather, lower crowds, Christmas decorations---you'll love it! Can't wait for the PTR!

Aww Alexis, there is nothing better than ending a TR with the prospect of a brand new trip!!! That is AWESOME that you watched the parade stream together. My GOD that parade looks good.

I sure do hope you get to go in November, Christmas decorations (and parties) and all that good stuff. September would be a better choice... :rolleyes1... but November's pretty good too. :santa:

Yay! Future trip plans! We used to always go in November and thought it was a wonderful time to go. Great weather, lower crowds, Christmas decorations---you'll love it! Can't wait for the PTR!

I'm so glad to hear all that!! :goodvibes

Aww Alexis, there is nothing better than ending a TR with the prospect of a brand new trip!!! That is AWESOME that you watched the parade stream together. My GOD that parade looks good.

I sure do hope you get to go in November, Christmas decorations (and parties) and all that good stuff. September would be a better choice... :rolleyes1... but November's pretty good too. :santa:

I would love to go in September!! :goodvibes But the pull of November is just too strong ;)

Yay for having another trip in the works!! I totally enjoyed following along with your trip, so I look forward to the PTR and eventual TR!

Yeah for having another trip planned ... and of course you had good arguments for going being a good DISer and all ;)

I ended up back on your report today and I'm glad I did! I missed the post where you announced your plans for the ext trip! VERY exciting! I'll stay tuned for the PTR.

I like the pins you collected. Especially the Goofy lock pin. I'll have to keep a lookout for the locks.

Yeah for having another trip planned ... and of course you had good arguments for going being a good DISer and all ;)

Haha you and I both! ;)

I ended up back on your report today and I'm glad I did! I missed the post where you announced your plans for the ext trip! VERY exciting! I'll stay tuned for the PTR.

I like the pins you collected. Especially the Goofy lock pin. I'll have to keep a lookout for the locks.

Thank you! I should be starting it very soon!

The locks are really cute! It ended up being a mystery pin I purchased at DtD, I believe it only costs a few dollars. I'm glad I ended up getting it!

Hooray for future trips. Glad you converted your parents :) I will look for the PTR.

Thank you! It was a good feeling converting them over :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter