Did you pay for Mulan?

If I had little kids, I'd have bought it, but the adults in my house can wait until it's available with our subscription in December.

I wasn't planning to do so, but my family wanted it and we've spent a fair bit less this year overall than normal so I did it. Frankly none of us loved it and on that basis we should have waited, but it we still had a fun night of it watching together so it wasn't a waste.

Nope, I can wait until it is free. There is so much content out there for free, why pay for anything? Of course, you may need to pay for the app itself.

My son paid to watch it, watched it with friends, and then watched it again the following week with me (mom), so I got to see it. I loved being able to see a new movie, have already gone thru free content I am interested in during these COVID times. This is the third movie I purchased during COVID -- I paid for Emma, I paid to see a documentary that was part of a St. Louis film festival that went online, and then DS actually paid for Mulan.

I said I might, but after watching several youtubers giving their opinions, I decided to wait. They pointed out the flaws in this movie I would get annoyed by and not feel it would be worth paying.
Also single person household.

DH and I paid for it. Ours DDs could then watch it with their SOs and my sister and nephew watched it using their log on to our subscription. So we got our money's worth. I agree with the poster who said it was an interpretation of an ancient poem rather than a life action of Disney's Mulan.

Then again, I haven't like any of the life action remakes so far.

I did not but will admit that a big reason was that we were not all that enthused about the movie. I think Disney should try this a few times with different genres before deciding about this.

I did not but will admit that a big reason was that we were not all that enthused about the movie. I think Disney should try this a few times with different genres before deciding about this.

Nope. Our family very rarely goes to movies and to drop $30 on a rental did not seem like anything we wanted to do. Will wait to see it when we see it, no movie is "THAT" good. From early reviews, I don't think we would have been overly excited with this rendition regardless.

No, but I’m not one to be up to date on new movies anyway. Doesn’t bother me to wait a few months for it to be on Disney+ without the $30 charge

We did and spent the same amount as if seeing it in theater but got to be cozy at home instead. While it was not my favorite movie we would be willing to watch more new release movies this way vice going to the theater.

We paid the night it came out and were happy to do so. The kids (and neighbor) remembered the release date and asked for it, so they were excited. I’d be willing to do it for more movies.

Yes, indeed I didn’t and I’d do it again if I could s the it on a Dolby vision theatre. It’s visuals deserved the extra pop it would have provided.

I didn't. I said I was going to, then figured, I'll wait.
We were going to also, it was going to be kind of a big thing. :goodvibes We hold great sentiment for Mulan as the animated version was the first movie we ever took DS to, back in '98. Unfortunately, when the time came to actually pull-the-trigger, we didn't. That particular movie night ended up being something free off one of our other streaming services. I'm just cheap like that, I guess. :blush:
Nope, waiting til December.
I'm glad I clicked into this thread. I didn't know the free-view was happening. It's DS that has the Disney+ account and he either didn't notice or hasn't mentioned it. FOR SURE we will plan our nostalgia night around Christmas and enjoy it together then. :thumbsup2

I don't have a problem with the $30 but I'm not paying for Mulan. I have no problem waiting for that one.

Ironically, I would have paid $30 for Soul but obviously I am happy to get it for free.

No, but it was mostly due to my kids’ low interest int the previous live action remakes, coupled with my own ambivalence given some of the controversy surrounding the film.

We did buy Frozen 2 and Onward when they were first available, rather than wait for them to arrive on Disney+, and had great movie nights. I would also gladly pay for Soul, which looks absolutely fantastic. The concept of “premium Disney plus” is something I’d be willing to try, but it has to be the right film.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter