Digital Membership Cards?

DonMacGregor

Sub Leader
Well, it’s January 1st, so has anyone seen the digital membership cards on MDE? As of 5 minutes ago, the DVC web page is still saying the plastic cards expired yesterday, and that the new digital cards are available today, but I’m not seeing it anywhere.

I’ll be surprised if we see whatever new digital cards are before the 4th (it’s a holiday weekend and many groups at Disney have the 3rd off).

Is it possible it’s rolled into the magic pass? I asked this on the thread in member services. My magic pass shows my DVC affiliation. I would think the smartest thing for Disney would be for the magic pass to encompass all, one thing to scan and get all a person is allowed to access (parks, annual pass, DVC perks, etc).
Sorry if this was discussed and dismissed already. Below is what I see when I look at the details in my wallet app on the iPhone for my magic pass.

I'm curious what the affiliation will show for a white card member....mine also shows DVC Y as a blue card member.

I'm curious what the affiliation will show for a white card member....mine also shows DVC Y as a blue card member.

Yeah that was my question also. I’m blue card. Might clear it up a bit if a white card sees something different as it would be some indication that this might be at least one avenue Disney checks perk allowances.

If a white card member sees the same thing than either Disney does have some other card planned for the wallet or they aren’t going to discriminate between member types for perks that are checked by card (wouldn’t that be nice!)

Yeah that was my question also. I’m blue card. Might clear it up a bit if a white card sees something different as it would be some indication that this might be at least one avenue Disney checks perk allowances.
I wonder if there will be DVC N as well. Just guessing of course but I figured this would be how it would be handled rather than there actually being a digital card.

Where are people seeing this? I am trying to check mine.
This is with iPhone, but when I go to wallet and then my magic pass, I can hit the three dots in the upper right and see my name, affiliation, and a number.

You have to have magic pass added to your wallet.

Im sure others are right in saying it’s not the replacement, I’m only speculating. Was just surprised to see my DVC details there. I don’t have an annual pass or anything else.

Im not trying to throw any fuel on the fire, but this is what I see. I have no idea what it actually means in relation to membership benefits. We have two resale contracts and have NEVER purchased direct.

Affiliation = DVC Y,ANNUAL,DVIC

Im not trying to throw any fuel on the fire, but this is what I see. I have no idea what it actually means in relation to membership benefits. We have two resale contracts and have NEVER purchased direct.

View attachment 634916
Do you have a blue card though? Just wanting to clarify as there are resale owners with blue cards.

View attachment 634916

Thanks for the detail! So yeah, either this isn’t the intended DVC identification, or they won’t be discriminating against resale contracts for events/access and everyone will be under one DVC umbrella, as it should be.

Ah darn, guess we will have to wait and see what they do. I wonder what the point of having affiliation there even is then, unless it just unlocks your ability to see different magic mobile card designs…

I’ll be surprised if we see whatever new digital cards are before the 4th (it’s a holiday weekend and many groups at Disney have the 3rd off).
I agree that makes sense. Of course, the fact that the 1st fell on a Saturday, and it’s always a holiday regardless, didn’t sneak up on anyone. “Starting Monday, January 4th” probably made too much sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter