Dining Central -- September

BobBrazeal

DIS Veteran
Hello fellow adult and solo travelers,

Breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a snack?? – Is anyone out there interested in linking up with other adult or solo travelers? Well then you’ve come to the right place.

Are you new to solo travel or a little nervous about going for a meal by yourself? This might just be a good way for some newer solo travelers to feel more comfortable going for a nice sit down dinner. This could give you one more thing to enjoy on your next trip to the world!!

Are you comfortable alone but just think you might want some company or conversation for a meal or two? Maybe you’re just interested in meeting some other vacationers like yourself that travel either solo or without the kids. This could be the “E-ticket” for you.

This isn’t just for solo travelers but for anyone on these boards, but certainly targeted for the adult or solo travelers. I just know that some solo travelers are a bit reluctant to dine alone so I’ve dwelled on them. I remember; I’m usually a solo and was very reluctant at first.

Let others know of your interest, right here. Post your travel dates and specifically any dates that you might want to meet to share a meal or a snack. Please specify any preference for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack. Let us know if you already have a Priority Seating somewhere that you wish to share, and the time.

Maybe, if you would please, when you’ve confirmed plans with someone and are booked, edit your original reply here to let others know.

So who is up for some company for a meal in September?

Bob

I certainly would be interested in meeting people for lunch or dinner, or at Pleasure Island in the evening ...

I will be at WDW Sept 16 - 21, staying at POR ....

I have PS for the following (but I am flexible and willing to change):

LUNCH Epcot Rose & Crown (England)
Sunday 09/16/2001 3 PM

LUNCH Epcot Akershus (Norway)
Monday 09/17/2001 3 PM

LUNCH MGM Brown Derby
Tuesday 09/18/2001 3 PM

LUNCH Epcot Le Cellier Steakhouse (Canada) Thursday 09/20/2001 2 PM

And also Tour Reservations for the following:

Keys To The Kingdom (Magic Kingdom) Wednesday 09/19/2001 9:30 AM

Future World Tour (Epcot)
Monday 09/17/2001 9 AM

Anybody interested in meeting? Let me know!

Thank You Gracias Merci

I'll have to hold out until Oct but what a great idea, Bob!

Cheryl :bounce:

Rich, hello and welcome to the DIS. Also glad you could join us here on the Adult and Solo Traveler board. It is new and I, for one, am really glad it is here.

I'd enjoy meeting you for lunch on Monday if you've still got room. I've never done a meal at Norway. This is going to be a trip with many new first time events. This will be another.

First Illuminations Cruise.
First trip as a DVC owner.
First time after finding the DIS and will be meeting many of you at our two mini-meet meals!! Really looking forward to that. (and at two new places I've never eaten before)
First time to share a meal with new found friends.
First meal at Norway.
First time staying at OKW.

Even after 20+ trips, there are always so many new things to do!!

Hey Hey Bob .....

Thanks for your reply .... it would be great to meet for lunch at Akershus (Epcot Norway Pavillion) Monday Sept 17 at 3 PM .... I'll call WDW - DINE this week to change the reservation to "for 2 (or more)" .....

Hey other Solos / Adults .... would anyone like to Join Bob and myself at the above place - time for lunch ? Just let me know, and I will add you to my ressie!

I'll miss you guys by a day, but it's nice of you to offer! :)

LeCellier sounds great for Thursday, though. (The cheese soup is fantastic.)

Hi TeeJay ...

Sounds good for Thursday 09/20 at Le Cellier, EXCEPT the restaurant closes at 3 PM, so I was thinking of changing the reservation to 2 PM ... Is that OK ? I'll call WDW-DINE this week and then let you know on this board (or you can EMAIL me, of course!)

Bob, I think we are OK for Norway at 3 PM on Wednesday 09/21, as Akershus is open later (until 3:30) ......

Would anyone else like to join us for lunch on either of these dates?

Rich, I'm pretty open on times. I could do earlier if needed or 3 is fine too. That is about the time I usually stop for some lunch anyway when I'm on vacation.

Bob and TeeJay .....

Thanks for replying .... I'll call WDW - DINE tomorrow and update the reservations for the following:

Bob and Rich for Akersus (Epcot / Norway) Monday 09/17/01 at 3PM

TeeJay and Rich for Le Cellier (Epcot / Canada) Thursday 09/20/01 at 2PM

The reservations will be under the name "Rich Maynard"

Looking forward to meeting you two!

Hey Rich and Bob, how about a third. I always eat at Askerhus once per visit and I have no plans on the 17th.
September is my solo for the year and adding faces to the names would be fun.
RussH

Sounds great Russ ....

I will change the reservation to Norway Mon 09/17 3 PM
for three .......

Keep in touch!

Thanks for the invite to the Cruise, Tee Jay, I would love to join your group! Also, you and I are all set for lunch in Canada Friday at 2 PM (we got the last table, woo hoo!)

Bob and Russ -- change to party of three for lunch in Norway at 3 PM Monday confirmed as well ......

BTW ... when I spoke to the Dining CSR on the phone this afternoon, she said that Akershus AND Le Cellier were her two favorite restaurants !

Can't wait to meet everyone .... keep in touch!

:( :( :( :(
Sorry we will miss you! DH & I will be there 9/10-9/13.
I am not well enough organized yet to have made any definite plans, but we would love to share a meal or a snack with any other DISers who will be there when we are. We will also be spending at least one day at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure if anyone wants to meet there.

:bounce: :bounce: :wave: :earsgirl: :wave: :earsboy: :wave: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi Everyone

So far I'm planning on meeting Bob, Russ, Tricia (Tee Jay), and Janet for lunch during my trip (September 16-21) ... is anyone else interested in getting together for lunch etc. ?

(See my previous post above for PS times)

ONLY 60 MORE DAYS !

I would love to go to Canada for lunch also...............If You have the room!!!
Janet

Bump the Dining Central threads and lining them up. Make sure that they are noticed at least a bit more than normal until everyone is used to coming up to them when making new travel and meal plans.

Hi Janet

I will call WDW DINE this afternoon to see if it's still possible to add a third person to the reservation for Le Cellier on Thursday Sept 20 at 2 PM (they were filling up fast the last time I called to change) ..... I will keep you "posted" (no pun intended!)

Hi Janet (villianWDW)

All set ..... You, Tricia (TeeJay) and I have reservations for Thursday 09/20/2001 at 2 PM at Le Cellier in Canada at Epcot .... The reservation is under the name "Rich Maynard"

Can't wait to meet you two!

ONLY 54 MORE DAYS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter