Dining plan for DVC members

Is the dining plan essential at DVC

• Yes we are in dire need of this

• No it really doesn't matter to our family at all

• other please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
I checked no

I would not do it in current form with length of stay a must but if I could do it on a daily basis say for maybe half of the days I am there then we would do it.

Dave Goofydad Dionne

goofydad621 said:
I checked no

I would not do it in current form with length of stay a must but if I could do it on a daily basis say for maybe half of the days I am there then we would do it.

Dave Goofydad Dionne
Dave, I think you hit the real reason I don't happen to think we would do it. I would not want to be tied to it for EVERY day of an 11 night trip.

WIth the AP discount we have DDE with our APs. And frankly, with all the hassles of figuring out dinaing plan details, I'd much rather be free to go at my pace, eat where I want, when I want, and not be locked into a rigid plan that encourages me to pig-out (like we Americans aren't heavy enough already).

I can't really answer truthfully without knowing the price and if it will be a "Length of Stay" only option.

I do not believe the DVC dining option rumored to be coming will be the same as that offered as an add on to room & ticket packages. Therefore I predict that when the DVC plan is announced we will see lengthy threads here complaining about it. :teeth:

JMHO. YMMV.

Best wishes -

CarolMN said:
I do not believe the DVC dining option rumored to be coming will be the same as that offered as an add on to room & ticket packages. Therefore I predict that when the DVC plan is announced we will see lengthy threads here complaining about it. :teeth:

Oh Carol, that'll happen no matter what plan DVC comes up with! :rotfl2:

I wouldn't say it was essential to us, but I would sure love to have it! It would be a great option. I'd try it one year and see how it does and then I'd like to have the option to get it if I wanted it.We spend (for 2 adults, and 2 DDs 9 and 2) around $600-$700 and the 2 yo was free. That was last year. This year we'll have another "adult" as my DD will be 10 and the 2 yo will be 3 and no longer free. I don't like to cook on vacation. But..I like to save money wherever I can!

I don't have to have a dining plan to enjoy DVC, but it would be nice if they could come up with some way that all members could purchase the DDE without buying an annual pass. We had annual passes last year and made three trips on them (last one this January) and we purchased the DDE. We have gotten our monies' worth out of that plan. However, we are not planning on renewing the AP because we have some other traveling that we have planned. I hate to lose the DDE, so if they could offer that perk it would be great.

Let's hear it for DDE for DVC members! :cheer2:

CarolMN said:
I predict that when the DVC plan is announced we will see lengthy threads here complaining about it. :teeth:

JMHO. YMMV.

Best wishes -

Well Carol, of course there will be lengthy threads complaining about it silly! It's the way things are done... the way they have always been done. If the package was FREE, someone would STILL find something to complain about! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I checked yes, but we can live with out it (have so far.) We have DDE and that is nice, but if Disney does offer a dining plan like that for 35 a day, it does only seem right that it should be extended to DVC. (and not for twice the price.)

Belive me, they make up the money with me one way or another (less on tickets, food and rooms = more $ to spend on other things or longer trips.)

LOL, Carol! I wont be complaining, because I probably wont participate in it!

A full fledged dining plan may or may not suit us--it would depend on the details. However I would love to be able to get a discount on counter service the DDE has very limited availability of discount at non-TS. Another great option would be if we could purchase the "old vouchers". I really enjoyed being able to give the kids the vouchers and letting them go and do their thing with grandma and grandpa knowing my parents were not getting saddled with a bill for lunch. I also liked using the feature lunch vouchers occasionally as well as the character breakfasts. If we were allowed to purchase them from MS and pick them up upon arrival--with an expiration date stamped on them for the end of the trip, we could avoid the inflated resale prices since no one would be able to sell them and we could benefit from a nice little pre-paid option.

CarolMN said:
I can't really answer truthfully without knowing the price and if it will be a "Length of Stay" only option.

JMHO. YMMV.

Best wishes -

You are completely right on all accounts.

If we get a length of stay dining option identical in price and benefits as what is being currently offered with room packages, I'll meet you and Diane at the megamall and buy you both a drink. (You are near the Twin Cities aren't you? - I know Diane is down by Savage somewhere).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter