Dining plan Free Sept. 30-Oct. 6

tlriv5

DIS Veteran
This is my very first post and I wanted to say that this site was the best find when we were planning our Disney vacation. We had taken our three girls to Magic Kingdom before, but this was our first trip to all of the parks. We also had never eaten a table service meal at Disney World before. With all that said I wanted to share our meal experiences with you. Remember that we had the free dining plan, I think it makes a difference in how you judge a restaurant. I know I would have been more disappointed with some of our meals if I had been paying out of pocket. Here is a list of the places we chose to eat:

Liberty Tree Tavern character meal - food was just average, but the character interaction was great and we had 5 different characters visiting us)

Crystal Palace lunch/dinner - we enjoyed the food and the atmosphere was very nice. It's a beautiful restaurant. The girls liked Pooh and friends.

Whispering Canyon Cafe - We LOVED this place!! All of us got the skillet meal and the food was awesome. The girls loved all the excitement and all the ketchup bottles. We will go back here again.

Coral Reef - We enjoyed this restaurant a lot too. My husband and I got the steak (yummy). I wish they had more seafood selections. I'm not a fish lover, but I love shrimp. We would go back here again too.

50's Prime Time Cafe - The girls loved all the fun here. My husband and I got the pot roast and it was ok. My DD11 got the fried chicken and she liked it. It was not my favorite restaurant, but it was good and we had fun. The girls loved the waitress getting after their daddy for putting his elbows on the table. It's always fun to see your parents get into trouble.

Ohana character breakfast - We loved the food and atmosphere here. The character's were a lot of fun. This is one of the three places my daughters said they would choose again.

Donald's Restaurantasaurus - the food was good here, but it's just a large breakfast buffet (nothing special). The characters were a little rushed. This was our last meal of the week and we decided that next trip we would not waste our table service meals on breakfast (we may make an exception for Ohana's)

Our favorite counter service meals were at Magic Kingdom's Cosmic Ray's. My daughter and I shared the rib and chicken basket. Delicious! And we liked Nine Dragon's chinese restaurant at Epcot. We all got something different and shared.

As for the question "Is the dining plan worth it?", of course this trip ours was free. But we did say that the next time we go we'll buy it if we have to. I know based on the receipts we saved that we would have come out ahead. We used every table, counter and snack credit we had. I think we had three snacks left the morning we headed home and since we drove we went and grabbed some fruit cups for the road.

Thanks for the review! We're planning to go in almost the exact time period next year (probably Sept 29-Oct 7). Were the restaurants outrageously crowded? How about the parks in general? Thanks!

Great reviews! Thanks for sharing ...and :welcome: to the DIS!

The restaurants were all full, but we didn't have to wait long for our table. I made our reservations in June and I'm really glad that I did. When we checked into the POR the man that checked us into the hotel told us he'd been trying to get into Whispering Canyon for three weeks! We arrived at a lot of our reservations early and were always seated within 15 minutes. As for the parks, they were more crowded than I remembered them being three years earlier, but we had only gone to the Magic Kingdom. We just used fast passes on the most popular rides and a lot of the other rides we had no trouble getting on. It was a great week and the weather was wonderful!

Thanks for the reviews! Whispering Canyon is a repeat for our family also. When we asked the kids if there were any restaurants they wanted to try this trip, they said KETCHUP!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter