• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Plan Newbie- help

RN_Mama_inFL

I’m here for the snacks
We’ve only been going to Disney really the last 4 years or so, so never experienced the dining plan. Can someone explain it to me please? I’ve been reading some threads and the Disney website and I still don’t get it.

Who can add it? How much is it? What does it include?

For reference, we have AP’s and have a trip coming up renting DVC points. Am I able to add a dining plan? Not sure how much it is and I’d like to run the numbers (if we are even eligible) to see if it’s worth it for us.

Wow. No one has responded back?
Well, the last time i had gone to Disney World we always have the dining plan...the basic. It came with 1 quick service 1 snack and 1 table service. Now i heard it comes with a free alcohol drink with table service, but i can be wrong since I haven't gone since 2015.

But my dad being an accountant, the dining plan IS worth it.
However you get 1 snack, 1 quick service and 1 table service PER person, so what my mom and i did was share one for breakfast and share one for lunch. It used to be a lot of food. Not sure how the quality of quantity is now a days.

We usually had snack points to bring home so we went with popcorn for last minute snacks, but that's just us.

We’ve only been going to Disney really the last 4 years or so, so never experienced the dining plan. Can someone explain it to me please? I’ve been reading some threads and the Disney website and I still don’t get it.

Who can add it? How much is it? What does it include?

For reference, we have AP’s and have a trip coming up renting DVC points. Am I able to add a dining plan? Not sure how much it is and I’d like to run the numbers (if we are even eligible) to see if it’s worth it for us.
This is copied from MDE:

How to Get a Dining Plan​

Guests of Disney Resort hotels can choose one of the Disney Resort Hotel Packages that includes one of the dining plans, which offer the convenience and flexibility of prepaid dining at over 200 locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort. In addition to the Disney Dining Plan, we also offer the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan.

So it looks like you have to have a package that offers it. You can have a ticketless package (because you have APs you don’t need tickets) but you need to have reserved a room. Since you rented points I don’t think you can get the DP. Maybe the person you rented the points from can get it for you?

Quick Service:
Pricing Per Day

• $57.01 per adult (ages 10+)
  • $23.83 per child (ages 3 – 9)
What’s Included

Everyone in the party ages 3 and over receives the following during their package stay:
  • 2 Quick-Service Meals Per Night of Stay*
  • 1 Snack or Nonalcoholic Beverage Per Night of Stay*
  • 1 Resort-Refillable Mug**

Table Service:
Pricing Per Day

• $94.28 per adult (ages 10+)
  • $29.69 per child (ages 3 – 9)
What’s Included

Everyone in the party ages 3 and over receives the following during their package stay:

• 1 Quick-Service Meal Per Night of Stay*
  • 1 Table-Service Meal Per Night of Stay*
  • 1 Snack or Nonalcoholic Beverage Per Night of Stay*
  • 1 Resort-Refillable Mug**

I copied the price info from the Dreams Unlimited Travel website.
The Disney website is confusing and hard to find the price on.

Hope this helps.

You can add the DDP or QSDP to a DVC Rental. The DVC owner has to add the DP for you. Whatever agency handled your rental should be able to arrange that.

Everyone on the reservation would need to be on the DDP, ... its and all or nothing thing.

Thank you all for the help, it does make more sense to me now. I will try and estimate if it makes sense for us. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter