• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Plan Successes

Mickey1122

<font color=deeppink>Walt Disney World Fan<br><fon
We felt AWESOME after calculating the value of all the FREE food we got. We completely maximized the plan over a week to get a free value of between 1300-1400 dollars. How much did you guys get free?

I don't know how much we saved, but we all agree that the DDP was great. My dad wasn't sure at first until he learned that it came with the TS credits. He and I were talking the other evening about how much we enjoyed some of the restaurants, especially Le Cellier and Rose & Crown. For what it's worth, you can really get bang for your buck when you choose a sit down TS over a buffet or family style TS restaurant. The question becomes if you can eat enough, but it's really fun to sample the different appetizers and the sit down TS desserts were all excellent.

How much is the dining plan again? We "spent" $678.86 for five nights on two people. We made no effort to maximize the plan.

How long was your stay-7 nights? How many people? That's too cool with your savings. :thumbsup2

Did you have to ask for a receipt, or do they automatically give you one with the actual cost listed on it?

I wanted to see how much we will save, but don't know if I want to go through all the effort of saving and collecting all the receipts. We're going in Septmeber.

We paid just under $1,000 for the plan for our 8 night April trip for me, dh, dd10 and ds7 and our receipts totalled about $1,550, although we didn't save receipts for all snacks so our actual savings were somewhat higher. We didn't always get receipts showing the true cost but we always asked for the figure and wrote it down on our ts and cs receipts, since we were trying to figure out if it would make sense to use the plan in the future. We definitely will.

:banana: :Last year we got the free dining for 2 adults 2 teens, 7 nights and the food would have cost $1500. Great meals at LeCellar, Tempanyaki, Ohana's, Alfredos,CRT. Looking forward to 9 nights of great meals this August :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter