Dining Plan

lfama

DISBride '10
I have a question about the dining plan. I added it on since I am getting it for free; I wouldn't have used it otherwise and have a small comprehension of it. My ADR's are as follows:

9/26
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Sci - Fi (dinner)

9/27
O'Hana (breakfast)
Rainforest Cafe (dinner - not in dining plan)

9/28
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Planet Hollywood (dinner - getting coupons from MYW package)

9/29
Cape May Cafe (breakfast)
Concourse Steakhouse (dinner)

9/30
Rose & Crown (dinner)

10/1
Whispering Canyon (breakfast)
Gulliver's (dinner)

10/2
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)

I am aware that you can only use the dining plan on 1 table service meal per person per day. My question is, which meals would you choose to use it on? There's only 2 of us. Also, how does this work on buffets? It covers everything? Thanks!

The DP does cover everything on the buffet. (no alcohol though)

I would suggest that you use the TS credits at those restaurants that are going to cost more than a buffet. Pay oop for the cheapest meals, usually the buffets)
check the menus andprices at www.allearsnet.com so you can estimate what price you have to pay for dinner.
:thumbsup2

My first question is when are you going to use your counter service meal? for lunch? That's alot of food ..

On several days, your question is answered, but for 9/29, I would use it for Concourse. To figure it out, you can look at the menus, see what you might order, add it up and compare. I would think it would be more at Concourse than the breakfast buffet at Cape May.

It is all covered at buffets, yes.

lfama said:
I have a question about the dining plan. I added it on since I am getting it for free; I wouldn't have used it otherwise and have a small comprehension of it. My ADR's are as follows:

9/26
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Sci - Fi (dinner)

9/27
O'Hana (breakfast)
Rainforest Cafe (dinner - not in dining plan)

9/28
Chef Mickey's (breakfast)
Planet Hollywood (dinner - getting coupons from MYW package)

9/29
Cape May Cafe (breakfast)
Concourse Steakhouse (dinner)

9/30
Rose & Crown (dinner)

10/1
Whispering Canyon (breakfast)
Gulliver's (dinner)

10/2
1900 Park Fare (breakfast)

I am aware that you can only use the dining plan on 1 table service meal per person per day. My question is, which meals would you choose to use it on? There's only 2 of us. Also, how does this work on buffets? It covers everything? Thanks!

For buffets it covers everything. Look at your meals and decide what you might order. Gulliver's is not included on the plan either so that takes care of that. I would use the DP first for all sit down dinners that you can(Concourse, Rose and Crown, maybe dinner at sci-fi unless your food choices are less than a buffet costs). Next I would use the DP to cover the breakfasts--but since breakfast is the least expensive meal of the day you are not getting great value for it. You will have six (times 2) counter service credits why not grab some of the breakfast foods on that--of course you may be big breakfast eaters, so that may be why you chose so many buffets. With free dining I would consider eating a little differently than you have planned so I could use the CS credits. Personally I cna't do a big breakfast every day because it gets me to the parks way too late and I can't ride on a very full stomach. I'd rather get a CS breakfast or a grab and go breakfast, but that's just our "style".

By the way you can use as many TS as you would like on any day until they run out. If you really wanted to you could use all of you TS credits on day one, you just would have no TS left for the rest of your vacation. You have reasonable flexibility with the plan, it is just when they are gone they are gone. So you can use two TS in one day if you would like to use it for say both Cape May and Concourse.

CoolDisneyCat said:
My first question is when are you going to use your counter service meal? for lunch? That's alot of food ..

On several days, your question is answered, but for 9/29, I would use it for Concourse. To figure it out, you can look at the menus, see what you might order, add it up and compare. I would think it would be more at Concourse than the breakfast buffet at Cape May.

It is all covered at buffets, yes.

We arrive on 9/25 and are going to use our counter service for dinner, and then for breakfast on 9/30; we don't eat lunch and we're big on table service as opposed to counter service, like I said I wouldn't have taken the DDP if it weren't for free. I will definitely take your advice and add everything up and see how much everything comes out to.

patsal said:
For buffets it covers everything. Look at your meals and decide what you might order. Gulliver's is not included on the plan either so that takes care of that. I would use the DP first for all sit down dinners that you can(Concourse, Rose and Crown, maybe dinner at sci-fi unless your food choices are less than a buffet costs). Next I would use the DP to cover the breakfasts--but since breakfast is the least expensive meal of the day you are not getting great value for it. You will have six (times 2) counter service credits why not grab some of the breakfast foods on that--of course you may be big breakfast eaters, so that may be why you chose so many buffets. With free dining I would consider eating a little differently than you have planned so I could use the CS credits. Personally I cna't do a big breakfast every day because it gets me to the parks way too late and I can't ride on a very full stomach. I'd rather get a CS breakfast or a grab and go breakfast, but that's just our "style".

By the way you can use as many TS as you would like on any day until they run out. If you really wanted to you could use all of you TS credits on day one, you just would have no TS left for the rest of your vacation. You have reasonable flexibility with the plan, it is just when they are gone they are gone. So you can use two TS in one day if you would like to use it for say both Cape May and Concourse.

Thanks! We arrive on 9/25 in the evening, so I can use the DDP for most meals then I suppose. After reading your advise and everyone else's, I will probably end up using the TS credits on Crystal Palace, Sci Fi, O'Hana, Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe, Concourse Steakhouse, Rose & Crown, and 1900 Park Fare. (Our Whispering Canyon breakfast will probably be less than any one of those.) I was unaware that I could use more than one TS credit a day, that's great! We very rarely get counter service, maybe once a trip if we get really hungry throughout the day; since the DDP was free, I figured it could only benefit me and if I have leftover CS credits it really doesn't matter. We are planning on using the CS credits the night we arrive for dinner and on 9/30 for breakfast. Dining is a huge part of the Disney experience for us. :wizard:

lfama said:
Thanks! We arrive on 9/25 in the evening, so I can use the DDP for most meals then I suppose. After reading your advise and everyone else's, I will probably end up using the TS credits on Crystal Palace, Sci Fi, O'Hana, Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe, Concourse Steakhouse, Rose & Crown, and 1900 Park Fare. (Our Whispering Canyon breakfast will probably be less than any one of those.) I was unaware that I could use more than one TS credit a day, that's great! We very rarely get counter service, maybe once a trip if we get really hungry throughout the day; since the DDP was free, I figured it could only benefit me and if I have leftover CS credits it really doesn't matter. We are planning on using the CS credits the night we arrive for dinner and on 9/30 for breakfast. Dining is a huge part of the Disney experience for us. :wizard:
You have 8 meals that you are planning to use DP on are you staying 8 nights? You get a t/s credit for each night that you are staying but you only have 7 listed. either way if you have to pay oop for any you were planning on doing that anyway so you will get most of your meals free and pay for some. By the way you only get one voucher for planet per room not per person. and there is a choice of what you can order, burger, pasta or something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter