dining question

aamomma

Mouseketeer
Another family heard about our Disney plans and decided to "join" us; we will be splitting up to do different things, but they wanted to make reservations for 8 (our family of 4, plus their family of 4). Some we did reserve for 8, but my question is this - if they don't show up for one of those reservations will our family still be able to use the reservation - or will we be charged some sort of fee for only having half of our party? Thanks for any help.

at most places you will be OK...at the very popular places, you may have to wait extra time since would it be a different "table top" for a party of 4 instead of party of 8 (some places they'd just pull two tables apart and go ahead & seat your now-party-of-4 at one of the tables, but others would go seat the next party of 8 waiting at what would have been your table, and will make you wait for the next available party of 4 table.)

IF the restaurant required a credit card "hold" at the time of reservation, they will charge "no show" fees...think it was $10 per person on the no-show last time we booked one of those... if you don't cancel at least 24 hours in advance. The signature places may be a higher per person charge on the no-shows.

Regardless, if they know they're not going to make it to a restaurant, courtesy would dictate they call and cancel :thumbsup2

thanks for the info - and I agree about courtesy. We fully intend to keep all the reservations, but they are a little more "spur of the moment" than we are, and their kids are younger than ours - sometimes things come up one can't control. But I will call if I know ahead they aren't showing. We just didn't want to find out our bill was 2X the amount because they didn't show! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter