Dining Reviews as we go (12/9-12/19) -update WPE w/pics

Day 7

Lunch- Wolfgang Puck Express

We got out of the Disney bubble today by taking the kids to the American Girl store. With my son being sick we figured we'd play today by watching how he was doing.

They both played at the store for about and hour just in time for lunch. It would have been nice to just stop somewhere in Kissimmee but with having the credits we headed back to Disney Springs and agreed upon Wolfgang Puck.

When we got there the line stretched back out the door. My wife took the kids next door to the Christmas store to get them out of the son. It took about 15-20 minutes to make it to the cashier. 1st question, can I substitute the drinks? Answer was no. 2nd question, can I use snack credits? Happily I got a yes. Everyone would be happy. We ordered our food, took our order number and scoped out a nice table inside. For anyone that doesn't know Wolfgang Puck Express is a fast casual restaurant. You place your order at the counter, food is then made/plated fresh and brought out your your table by waitstaff. It is a qs credit. When we sat down, a waitress came over and asked what condiments we would like. She brought back cups of Romano cheese, red pepper flakes, ranch dressing and BBQ sauce? Can you guess what we ordered?

I went with the spaghetti and meatballs. This hit the spot. I have you say much better than Tony's. Lightly sauced and it came already fully tossed in the sauce rather than having plain noodles on bottom sauce scooped in the middle. The pasta was cooked al dente. The meatballs were made of chicken and the portion came with two.

IMG_1799.JPG

My wife went with the ravioli and a mixed green salad. The salad came as a side portion but was probably enough for two. Looked liked mixed greens with some pico or bruschetta on top. She didn't find anything outstanding with the ravioli but also liked them just fine. She had the ravioli in the past and remembered still being hungry afterwards. This is why she also got the salad.IMG_1802.JPG

I ordered soup for both kids do got cups of chicken noodle for each of them. My son was starting to not feel good again. We had the children's Tylenol with us so gave him a bit and were more worried about him drinking. He didn't eat too much. This left my daughter to eat both helpings of the soup.it had nice chucks of chicken, noodles and carrots. She wasn't sure about the chives but I told her that they were fine so she went for it. She sucked down the first cup. We noticed our don just wanted to rest so she was excited to get the second.

We also ordered them the chicken tenders and fries. Surprisingly this also came with some salad on the plate. The tenders were cooked well. Nice and golden, and much better than the nuggets throughout Disney. We decided to take them to go. We decided to head back to the room afterwards and thought maybe he'd be feeling better after the medicine kicked in and would want to eat.

IMG_1800.JPG

All together I used three qs credits for the entrees and 4 snack credits for the side salad, 2 cups of soup and a brownie. I have yet to taste the brownie yet but just holding it it is pretty dense and brownies tend to be my favorite.
IMG_1801.JPG

Next up a night at the Polynesian and dinner at Ohana.

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter