Dining time advice for heat

kwdw

DIS Veteran
Question for those of you who have suffered in the heat this summer at Disney. How "late" in the morning (assuming rope drop) could you make it before giving up to the heat?

I'm headed next week and the weather is not going to be much different than this week. My goal is to rope-drop - and I have meals planned at indoor TS places in the parks starting at 11:10-11:45 am each day next week. So - the goal is to tour the parks until meal time - and then either visit the shops headed out of the park or go to an attraction with an indoor air-conditioned queue after lunch - and then leave the park for a break at the resort or maybe even for the rest of the day. I may opt to go back to the parks at 5-6 pm when the shade will be more prominent.

The question is - with the heat - were you able to cope until noon? Or were you dying of heat before then? I'm planning light clothes, a cooling towel, lots of water, and a UV umbrella (as there is space).

Is Disney Spring crowded in the afternoons/early evenings right now? I'm debating about throwing that in as option since you can just hop from store to store to get out of the heat.

I don't have to do everything this trip - I have an AP for the year - but I am trying to strategize the best I can. I don't tolerate heat super well, but I'm good at seeing the warning signs in myself when I need to cool down. I can cope with a "in the 90's heat index" - but over 100 - I don't last long.

My basic plan (going in a few weeks - don't expect the heat to let up) is to do one outside then one inside attraction. Think big thunder followed by haunted mansion. Of course, lining up is going to be the hard part.

I also accept that I just won't be able to do everything in this heat.

I can manage about 3ish hours before I have to give in and spend some serious time indoors.

Depends on the person and the day. We did lunch a TS lunch around 2:30 the mid afternoon is the hottest. I can only tell you our week which was mid-late July. any day that it is above 90 is hot and each degree seems to make you feel 5x hotter. We had 1 day the was 95 and it was HOT in the mid-afternoon. 2 days were lower 90's also hot we also had 3 days that were in the high 80's with one having a nice breeze all day that was very nice. The high 80 days are not ideal but not uncomfortable either. The good part is it does start cooling off and you feel a noticeable difference around 5 and after as it does drop to the high 70s over night. To us with the exception of the one 95 day it was expected July weather from what we had in the past and the high 80 days were unexpected. The las time we went in July it was low 90s the entire week and it did not rain for 4 days in a row.... you could feel the heat on your ankles from the walkways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter