• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Dinner Theaters

KProuty

Mouseketeer
Since all the parks are closing so early, I thought I would try at least one of the dinner theaters this trip. I'm edging towards Arabian Nights because it says it was voted number one in Florida. (I have two kids, 5 and 8 at the time of the trip.) I'm checking out ticket sites to have them sent to me, but do I have to decide what date I want to attend or do I just get the tickets and then show up on any date?

Thanks for any help on this! (And the prices right now seem really cheap! Less than $100 for a family of 4 -- with a broadway type show and dinner!)

Thanks for your help...

Katherine

For any of the dinner theaters, you will need to pick a specific date and performance. We researched all of them for our last trip and decided on Medieval Times because it was the closest and most convenient to our offsite hotel. We had a great time.

NC,

Did you order the dinner tickets online? I haven't actually completed the process, but there is no place that I can see (yet) that has me put in a date for the show.

Katherine

Just bumping this... trying to find someone who has purchased tickets online to a dinner show.

Katherine

Hi!

We ordered tickets online. We have reservations in Nov. When you get the tickets, there is a number on them to call for reservations. I have been to Arabian Knights show before, and it was excellent!

My DH and I have been to Florida almost every year since the 1970's. We try to do a dinner show about every 2 or 3 years. There aren't too many we've missed, except for the newer ones. The Arabian Nights show is excellent but, my opinion, not a lot of interest for young children unless they really enjoy horses. When our DS's were 7 and 10, we went to Medieval Times and they enjoyed that so much more. There's more audience participation and you get to route for your knight and it's so much more exciting. And you get to eat with your hands!!!

Whichever show you decide on, we hope you have a wonderful time.

We liked Medieval Times the best when we were there too...we tried a few different ones but Medieval Times was the one that we and the kids (the were aged from 2 up to 13) like the best. Well except for the Hoop Dee Do review, they really loved that one too!

We are planning to do medieval times we are gettingt he orlanda ET book that has a coupon valued at 44 $ b1g1 so that is great! Cant wait to get teher! How far in advance should one book for MT or do you not need reservations for there? Thats the only BIG meal we have settled on so far!

We always book these meals as soon as we settle into our hotel or the next day, if you arrive late. We stay off site and if the hotel/motel we're staying at doesn't provide this service, we just look in the phone book, if we don't already have the number, and call ourselves. I would say a day or two before you plan on attending would be sufficient but it might be a good idea to have an alternate date, just in case. We've never had a problem getting the night we want. Have a great time.

I was just wondering if Medieval Times is too violent for dd5 and ds7. I do not mind sword fights etc, but I don't like graphic things like fake blood spuing all over etc. I would never let my kids watch wwf. but I don't mind sportmanship with swords etc. What do you all think? I think dd would love Arabian Knights but not sure of ds. Which one would you suggest?

We went to Medieval Times a few years ago and it was good.Just thought I'd tell you about the deal we are going to do through AAA for the Pirates Dinner Theater(both my boys LOVE pirates)Regular prices are $39.95 ea for adults and $24.50 ea for children.BUT they have a special going on if you buy your tix at your local AAA office,adults are $28.95 ea and you get a free child admission for every adult! Of course this is only for AAA members but thought I'd let you all know.It might be worth it to join AAA. I've already saved much more than the anual fee.

Natalie

Medeival Times is very non-graphic. It does have swords and lances, but it's very low key. There's no sign of any blood or gore and at the end of the performance, all the knights come out and ride by on their horses. It's very entertaining. If you go to their web site at
www.medievaltimes.com you'll get some good information. You can also go to http://www.floridakiss.com/ and get all kinds of information on all the dinner shows and attractions in the area. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the AAA lead we are members but have never used any of their other services other than car stuff.

Just called the AAA offices in Orlando and Kissemee. They only have the buy adult get kids free admission for Kennedy Space Center. So for the dinner theaters, you just have to find the best prices from whomever.

Katherine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter