Dis 10th Anniversary mention - July 2016

I am planning to get there for this. My parents have timeshare points in Orlando with Blue Green Resorts and their home resort is in Orlando, so I most likely going to use their points to attend and just rent a car to get to the festivities.

My parents have timeshare points in Orlando with Blue Green Resorts and their home resort is in Orlando, so I most likely going to use their points to attend and just rent a car to get to the festivities.
If the timeshare doesn't work out for some reason, a great budget option is Skyauction. You can rent a timeshare unit for under $50/night. Sometimes under $40. We've done it several times and we're doing it in November for $45/night. Tough to beat that for a 2-bedroom timeshare with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc.

If the timeshare doesn't work out for some reason, a great budget option is Skyauction. You can rent a timeshare unit for under $50/night. Sometimes under $40. We've done it several times and we're doing it in November for $45/night. Tough to beat that for a 2-bedroom timeshare with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc.

Thanks for the info. If our timeshare doesn't work...I think my father may lose a gasket. I tried to use our points (and I am allowed to use them and I am on the account) in March in Vegas when I was there with friends and we had enough points for a one bedroom, but we were told we couldn't use them because it was "high red" season. My parents have been trying to sell the points, but no one wants to jump on them. So if we still have them by next July, I will try to use them again. If not, I may just stay off site and I may have to really think about buying an annual pass for next year since I will be going, one day in Feb, July and then again in Oct/Nov.

I may have to really think about buying an annual pass for next year since I will be going, one day in Feb, July and then again in Oct/Nov.
We're actually planning on getting APs this year for the first time in a long time. DW and I are going for a week in November. The 3 of us are going for a week in January. Then we're planning to do the mega meet in July. So an AP makes sense.

So, will we get an announcement before Christmas? The 6 month mark isn't until January. But I'm at 6 months out from our Spring Break now and it's an either/or proposition. OH decisions! Can't do both.

No no, we'll all whinge and moan about it, complain that we're being priced out of DISmeets, THEN gladly pay
That may not be so far from the truth. At the NE meet, we were told that part of the mega meet may be a ticketed event with limited availability and that it won't be cheap. Of course, there will also be plenty of other activities that are open to all. They couldn't give any details as nothing is confirmed or contracted yet. I think they just wanted to tease us.

Gah!!! I wish I was able to go!!!!
We probably could now that our friends aren't coming, but we will have limited time and with the crowds and extra cost during summer, it would decrease our park time significantly

Gah!!! I wish I was able to go!!!!
We probably could now that our friends aren't coming, but we will have limited time and with the crowds and extra cost during summer, it would decrease our park time significantly
You should definitely do it. July is an awful time in central Florida but it would be so worth it to be able to meet up with everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter