DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

I know there are a few of us who will be arriving before the 29th -which is the last day of Flower & Garden. Has anyone given any thought to hitting some of the outdoor kitchens(and cocktails)? I'm sure it will be a fairly busy day there but I'm figuring the bulk of the locals will be hitting it Saturday and Sunday with possibly lighter crowds on the Monday holiday. The day finishes up with a concert by the Spinners. I don't have anything planned so I figured I'd throw it out there.

I know there are a few of us who will be arriving before the 29th -which is the last day of Flower & Garden. Has anyone given any thought to hitting some of the outdoor kitchens(and cocktails)? I'm sure it will be a fairly busy day there but I'm figuring the bulk of the locals will be hitting it Saturday and Sunday with possibly lighter crowds on the Monday holiday. The day finishes up with a concert by the Spinners. I don't have anything planned so I figured I'd throw it out there.
I'm planning to spend the late morning / early afternoon on Saturday there so I can see F&G and try a few food items for lunch.

I'm planning to spend the late morning / early afternoon on Saturday there so I can see F&G and try a few food items for lunch.

I should have mentioned that I'm arriving on Sunday. Having experienced Food and Wine several times, brace yourself on Saturday!

I posted this on the Facebook but figured I would mention it here:

I signed up for the RunDisney summer virtual short series so am thinking of doing a 5k jaunt around Pop/AoA the morning of June 1st if anyone else is interested in joining

And this is my first one so will definitely be a fun run/walk

I signed up for the RunDisney summer virtual short series so am thinking of doing a 5k jaunt around Pop/AoA the morning of June 1st if anyone else is interested in joining

How early you thinking? I have a morning ADR at Kona. I'd love to join in as I'm also signed up. Also got to train for Dopey 2.0.

How early you thinking? I have a morning ADR at Kona. I'd love to join in as I'm also signed up. Also got to train for Dopey 2.0.

Guess it depends how tired we are from staying out in Pandora.

Was thinking not crazy early but to then have breakfast after - what time is your ADR?

Guess it depends how tired we are from staying out in Pandora.

Was thinking not crazy early but to then have breakfast after - what time is your ADR?
8:15AM, I did that early since I am in MK that day and want to get the most out of MK before the party.

8:15AM, I did that early since I am in MK that day and want to get the most out of MK before the party.

Hmmm, you probably need to head out by 7:15/7:30 so that would be a pretty early run .... though I am sure you will be a lot faster than me!

Hmmm, you probably need to head out by 7:15/7:30 so that would be a pretty early run .... though I am sure you will be a lot faster than me!
Lol, I am not as fast as you may think however for a 5K I can get that done in under 30 minutes if I really want to.

Animal Kingdom Pandora Meet-Up:
- Option: #2
- Disboards name: gberg
- How many in your group: 1

I'd do #1 but FP are only available for 9:50 last I checked.

I hadn't even put the 2 and 2 together. We are planning Epcot on Friday but for now plan to go to HS and MK on Sat/Sun. Which reminds me, now that I'm finally getting around to booking our FP I probably need to update what parks we'll be in on the FB page. I've been very slack in getting our FP, other than the Pandora ones. Started working on it today and haven't found any gone, thank goodness

Reactions: GAN
I hadn't even put the 2 and 2 together. We are planning Epcot on Friday but for now plan to go to HS and MK on Sat/Sun. Which reminds me, now that I'm finally getting around to booking our FP I probably need to update what parks we'll be in on the FB page. I've been very slack in getting our FP, other than the Pandora ones. Started working on it today and haven't found any gone, thank goodness

I haven't booked really any FP's except for the Pandora afternoon/night on the 31st. I've been waiting for the team meets to be announced to see what they'll be doing. I'm a Patreon supporter and I remember them mentioning some events for supporters.

I haven't booked really any FP's except for the Pandora afternoon/night on the 31st. I've been waiting for the team meets to be announced to see what they'll be doing. I'm a Patreon supporter and I remember them mentioning some events for supporters.
I'm anxiously waiting for the Patreon events. Those might be the only extra events I attend.

I haven't signed up for any extra events as I am waiting on the DIS scheduled events. I'm arriving 5/31 and departing 6/3. I am going to be at AK on 5/31 in the evening as I have to check in at POFQ and head to BW to get my credentials first. Hoping to be able to meet up with some of you after I finalize more of my plans. What is the FB group for this?

I haven't signed up for any extra events as I am waiting on the DIS scheduled events. I'm arriving 5/31 and departing 6/3. I am going to be at AK on 5/31 in the evening as I have to check in at POFQ and head to BW to get my credentials first. Hoping to be able to meet up with some of you after I finalize more of my plans. What is the FB group for this?
Just so you know, we are doing an AK/Rivers of Light/Pandora EMH Un*Official event on 5/31. Check post #88 of this thread for more details. Hope you can join us. :)

Just so you know, we are doing an AK/Rivers of Light/Pandora EMH Un*Official event on 5/31. Check post #88 of this thread for more details. Hope you can join us. :)
Thanks for pointing this out as I had missed it. I plan to be at AK by 6:00 at the latest. Have a FP at EE at 8:25 and Pandora for the Avatar Flightof Passage at 9:25. I will meet up at the Nomad bridge at 10:00. Plan on being there until 1:00 am, so would love to meet up with DIS people.

So 5/31 - AK meet up
Arrive around 6:00
Option 2
@nolanboys

First meet and first solo trip!

Animal Kingdom Pandora Meet-Up:
- Option #: 2
- Disboards name: NeuroCindy
- How many in your group: 1

Animal Kingdom Meet-Up:
- What time you plan to arrive at Animal Kingdom: 10-11am (Plane lands at 8:45am)
- Fastpass times/attractions acquired: 12:25-1:25 Dinosaur, 2:10-3:10 - Everest, 6:55-7:55 Na'vi River Journey
- Dining reservations acquired: None

I already did my first 5K for it! Nice idea but I don't want to be too tired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter