DIS 20th Anniversary *UN*OFFICIAL meet ups, events and make a friend thread.

I'm the person always in jeans no matter what the temp is so I'm fairly easy to spot in the summer :)

Interesting observation for our AK EMH event...The MK has EMH the same night from 11 p.m.-1 a.m. I wonder if this night will have a "smaller" EMH crowd at AK with there being EMH at MK the same night. This is me hoping! :)

Interesting observation for our AK EMH event...The MK has EMH the same night from 11 p.m.-1 a.m. I wonder if this night will have a "smaller" EMH crowd at AK with there being EMH at MK the same night. This is me hoping! :)

I've seen 2 parks with matching emh before.. it really attracted the other 2 parks to hop over to both.

I've seen 2 parks with matching emh before.. it really attracted the other 2 parks to hop over to both.
I'm only thinking this since AK has EMH every night. MK only has it on that one evening. I have always found EMH at MK to be more crowded than any of the other parks. I know that can change with Pandora being "new."

I'm only thinking this since AK has EMH every night. MK only has it on that one evening. I have always found EMH at MK to be more crowded than any of the other parks. I know that can change with Pandora being "new."

it'll be interesting to see what happens but I don't plan to hang around ak other days to see if the crowd is different.

So I'm looking over the unofficial events and the spreadsheet, which I printed out (95% on landscape does it!). My question is, since Charles and I are still somewhat fuzzy on our plans and want to be more spontaneous on this trip; do we have to be signed up for the unofficial meets, or can we just show up? Also, I may as well ask; I'm pretty sure that I read that you have to sign up for the official meets, am I correct about that?

Also, I know we are new around these parts, but Charles & I have been listening to the Bob Varley Memorial stuff a bit and he had an idea for a Dole Whip mini-meet in honor of Bob, since the anniversary of his passing wasn't too long ago, on April 28.

Katie

So I'm looking over the unofficial events and the spreadsheet, which I printed out (95% on landscape does it!). My question is, since Charles and I are still somewhat fuzzy on our plans and want to be more spontaneous on this trip; do we have to be signed up for the unofficial meets, or can we just show up? Also, I may as well ask; I'm pretty sure that I read that you have to sign up for the official meets, am I correct about that?

Also, I know we are new around these parts, but Charles & I have been listening to the Bob Varley Memorial stuff a bit and he had an idea for a Dole Whip mini-meet in honor of Bob, since the anniversary of his passing wasn't too long ago, on April 28.

Katie
Unofficial meets are unofficial so no sign ups necessary.

Katie
Like @rteetz said, sign-ups are not required for Un*Official events. On the events that I have lists for, I only requested sign-ups that way I know to expect you. If you find out which time we are meeting, you are more than welcome to join us. Either way, I look forward to meeting you at some point during the week if we cross paths. :)

Hi everyone! Board newbie, here.

When I first signed up for the board, I was browsing through some of the welcome stuff, and I saw something saying that DIS members wear a lime green Mickey sometimes in order to ID each other in the parks. Is this still a thing? If it is, perhaps we can wear those or put them on our bags in order to ID each other. I found the mention of this in the second post down in this thread, under "lime green":

https://www.disboards.com/threads/faqs-incl-avatars-sigs-finding-posts-cant-post-etc.1760755/

Katie
No, unfortunately, the Mickey Head Paint samples at Home Depot are a thing of the past so the use of them is also.

Like @rteetz said, sign-ups are not required for Un*Official events. On the events that I have lists for, I only requested sign-ups that way I know to expect you. If you find out which time we are meeting, you are more than welcome to join us. Either way, I look forward to meeting you at some point during the week if we cross paths. :)

Thanks! If we can let you know which meetups we are going to attend, we will. Right now we are thinking about Geyser Point/Trader Sam's but skipping the fireworks to make the party on time. We are also thinking about the AK meetups (at the very least, Pandora EMH). Maybe Jellyrolls after the party, too (even though we already bought bus tickets), since that will be our last night.

Last edited:

Katie

Just to add what @rteetz and @AMusicLifeForMe mentioned - for the "un"official lunch at Homecomin' we do have ADRs made (and can make more) so that would be the only one that a more formal sign-up/advance notice would be needed for

Otherwise it is just to let people know whom to look out for and not leave without, etc.

As to the Dole Whip mini-meet - they did one for the MegaMeet so perhaps they will do something this time as well - or we could organize an "un"official one

AK Meet-Up *Important* Info:

On this update, I am wanting to get some confirmations from all of you that plan on attending this event. I am only asking for confirmations since I know Teresa is planning an event for the same time as this Un*Official Meet in AK. I know sign-ups haven't started for the official meets yet, but I figured most of you would know if you are going to try and get to her event. Please keep in mind that you can always change your mind at any time. The confirmations are for my list that way I know to expect you or not. To confirm, please private message me that way we don't post a lot on this thread. Thank you!

A decision has not been made on how we will accommodate late-arrivals to the meet. I will update this info as we get closer to the event that way you can find us.

*If you have indicated a "maybe" for any of the options below, please let me know as soon as you confirm which option you will be attending. Thanks!*

We currently have 30 people scheduled to attend this Un*Official Event! I am looking forward to meeting everyone!!! :)

Please let me know if I missed anyone below!

Those Attending Option 1 (*IMPORTANT* Info Below):

- AMusicLifeForMe – 2 people
- @GAN – 1 person
- @TheMaxRebo – 1 person
- @katmu – 1 person
- @SleepingRebecca – 1 person
- @disneysteve – 3 people
- @OKMinnie – 1 person
- @Stefecatzz – 1 person (maybe)
- @gberg – 1 person
- @MegaraWink – 1 person

Meet-up location and schedule for those attending Option 1 (Rivers of Light FP):

- Meet in front of the Flights of Wonder Theater at 8:00 p.m.
- We will begin making our way over to the Rivers of Light Theater at 8:15 p.m.
- Rivers of Light Show – Begins at 9:15 p.m.
- Make our way over to Nomad Lounge to meet-up with those attending only option 2.

Those Attending Option 2 (*IMPORTANT* Info Below):

- @bartleyosu – 2 people
- @wnwardii – 1 person
- @AngiTN – 3 people (possible option 1)
- @dina444444 – 1 person (possible option 1)
- @rteetz – 1 person
- @czechplz – 2 people
- @nolanboys – 1 person
- @NeuroCindy – 1 person
- @Madonna3 – 2 people
- @lowe@massed.net - 2 people
- @amberg93 / @MarieLightning – 2 people (maybe)

Schedule for Option 2:

- Meet at Nomad Lounge at 10 p.m.
- Begin moving into Pandora around 10:15 p.m.
- Explorer Pandora at night and get a group photo – I have an AP so I can get the picture on MDE.
- Ride: Na’vi River Journey
- Ride: Flight of Passage

Those Attending the Festival of the Lion King 7 p.m. show (Stand-by) (*IMPORTANT* Info Below):

- @AngiTN – 3 people
- @SleepingRebecca – 1 person (maybe)
- @Stefecatzz – 1 person
- @amberg93 / @MarieLightning – 2 people
- @MegaraWink – 1 person

Schedule for Festival of the Lion King Meet-Up:

- Meet at the Express Bus Check-In Point (just outside the bar at the Tusker House Check-In) between 6 p.m.-6:15 p.m.
- We will make our way to the stand-by line at 6:15 p.m.
- Show begins at 7 p.m.
- Show will finish at approximately 7:30 p.m.

I will see all of you on the 31st! :)

Last edited:
I've put this off far too long. Thanks @AMusicLifeForMe for your organizing of this!

1. I LOVE the Nomad Lounge, and will probably be there the afternoon of 3/31. I would love to venture out and meet Pocahontas between 2-4pm, but it depends on if I have company (that line goes a little long). @AMusicLifeForMe, I guess I might be spotting you at the Nomad Lounge or Tiffins around 5?

2. Could you add me to FOTLK @7?

3. (Edit) Just scored ROL for the first showing, so can you add me to Option 1 and 2?

Last edited:
I guess I might be spotting you at the Nomad Lounge or Tiffins around 5?

2. Could you add me to FOTLK @7?

3. (Edit) Just scored ROL for the first showing, so can you add me to Option 1 and 2?

As of now, I should still be there around then. It depends on how soon I get off Expedition Everest and get over there.

I have added you to FOTLK, and option 1. I have assumed that people who are doing option 1 will do option 2, so you are good. Are you traveling solo or are you with other people for this? Looking forward to meeting you!

Teppan Edo Lunch in EPCOT on June 2nd:

For those attending the Teppan Edo Lunch at 12:10 p.m. in EPCOT on June 2nd, if you could please private message me and confirm that you are coming. Thanks! :)

I plan on being there at 12 noon, so please arrive around then if you are able to. Maybe we can get in early. :)

*I still have 1 spot available for this lunch!*

If I don't hear if anyone wants to take the final spot within the next two weeks, I will be changing the reservation to 7 guests instead of 8. It would be nice to have a full table at Teppan Edo though!

Those Attending This Lunch:

- @SleepingRebecca – 1 person *
- @katmu – 1 person *
- @dina444444 – 1 person *
- @wnwardii – 1 person *
- @explorer1977 – 1 person

For those who have already confirmed, I have marked with a "*".

Last edited:
Teppan Edo Lunch in EPCOT on June 2nd:

For those attending the Teppan Edo Lunch at 12:10 p.m. in EPCOT on June 2nd, if you could please private message me and confirm that you are coming. Thanks! :)

I plan on being there at 12 noon, so please arrive around then if you are able to. Maybe we can get in early. :)

*I still have 1 spot available for this lunch!*

If I don't hear if anyone wants to take the final spot within the next two weeks, I will be changing the reservation to 7 guests instead of 8. It would be nice to have a full table at Teppan Edo though!

Those Attending This Lunch:

- @SleepingRebecca – 1 person *
- @katmu – 1 person *
- @dina444444 – 1 person *
- @wnwardii – 1 person *
- @explorer1977 – 1 person

For those who have already confirmed, I have marked with a "*".
You can change me to 2 people. @easyd will be joining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter