DIS Dads Rumors

I've heard golfers at WDW Resort are no longer allowed to yell "fore"...they instead must yell "5.28".

Which of course if 4.00 + 20% mark-up + 12% resort tax.

Our local FOX station just ran a thing on the local news saying that Disney owns the rights to "SEAL Team Six" for any video games, movies, etc.

Our local FOX station just ran a thing on the local news saying that Disney owns the rights to "SEAL Team Six" for any video games, movies, etc.

Jasmine, Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Tiana, Belle & Ariel traveling the world fighting bad guys? I'd watch.

A bus driver told me Disney is connecting the monorail to all Disney Theme Parks, Deluxe and DVC resorts. After WDW finishes building the new theme park, Aaron is getting me and my family permanent Annual Passes for free.

That's some really bad reporting.
Basically, Disney filed a VERY broad (and probably legally overbroad) trademark application for the phrase "SEAL Team Six" that mentioned (among other things) video games. My own speculation is that they filed the trademark application (which is completely unenforceable in its current form) because they were already in negotiation for the rights to the book "SEAL Team Six" that was already set to be published this summer by St. Martin's Press/Macmillan, before the bin Laden raid. They're just making sure that those negotiations weren't wasted.

That's some really bad reporting.
Basically, Disney filed a VERY broad (and probably legally overbroad) trademark application for the phrase "SEAL Team Six" that mentioned (among other things) video games. My own speculation is that they filed the trademark application (which is completely unenforceable in its current form) because they were already in negotiation for the rights to the book "SEAL Team Six" that was already set to be published this summer by St. Martin's Press/Macmillan, before the bin Laden raid. They're just making sure that those negotiations weren't wasted.

Too bad they're not really known as "SEAL Team Six";);)

Too bad they're not really known as "SEAL Team Six";);)

Their real name doesn't matter. Just like it didn't matter whether or not Rambo was really a Green Beret. That name now has a place in public consciousness that is associated with dramatic small-team military action - which has a long history of making compelling movies, tv shows, and video games.

Their real name doesn't matter. Just like it didn't matter whether or not Rambo was really a Green Beret. That name now has a place in public consciousness that is associated with dramatic small-team military action - which has a long history of making compelling movies, tv shows, and video games.

Oh I agree.....but just the term "SEAL" usually conjures up that thought...WHAT, RAMBO NOT A GREEN BERET---BLASPHEMY:lmao::lmao:

That's right. They're really known as "The Sunshine Happy Kitten Lollypop Band".

No, I can't tell you how I know this, I've said too much already!

TL

I understand....:lmao:

A bus driver told me Disney is connecting the monorail to all Disney Theme Parks, Deluxe and DVC resorts. After WDW finishes building the new theme park, Aaron is getting me and my family permanent Annual Passes for free.

Aaaaaactually - I can add a little validity to that. My aunt was an imagineer for many years as a construction liason. She was able to oversee a number of large jobs like the tree of life and the hat and ears at MGM, er, DHS. Anyway, she told me that they were considering individual electric people movers that drove on a separate roadway and that each system operated autonomously. They had a few mark-up vehicles and were seriously considering it - even taking bids from manufacturers before it was abandoned due to lack of funding. It would entail a system where you'd use your room key to travel from your hotel to whichever park you'd like to get to, be air conditioned, safe, and it would release their dependence on diesel busses and maintaining that system. A couple of the biggest issues they had to handle included how to maintain cleanliness and transition from carrying passengers from the water park (who may be wet) to carrying a bride on the way to her wedding.

Aaaaaactually - I can add a little validity to that. My aunt was an imagineer for many years as a construction liason. She was able to oversee a number of large jobs like the tree of life and the hat and ears at MGM, er, DHS. Anyway, she told me that they were considering individual electric people movers that drove on a separate roadway and that each system operated autonomously. They had a few mark-up vehicles and were seriously considering it - even taking bids from manufacturers before it was abandoned due to lack of funding. It would entail a system where you'd use your room key to travel from your hotel to whichever park you'd like to get to, be air conditioned, safe, and it would release their dependence on diesel busses and maintaining that system. A couple of the biggest issues they had to handle included how to maintain cleanliness and transition from carrying passengers from the water park (who may be wet) to carrying a bride on the way to her wedding.

That's some cool sci-fi stuff right there. :wizard:

TL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter