DIS/DISUnplugged/Dreams December Event Info – DISapalooza (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been wanting DVC for the past 3 years. On our last trip we rented points and stayed at the Boardwalk and that pretty much sealed the deal! When we no longer had a car payment about a month ago, and the MIL decided to chip in 100 a month towards DVC it really started to look like it was time to buy DVC.

The last DISmeet we went to at the D2D store they were giving you $13 credit per pt. so it ended up being $99/pt for AKL with the buy in at 100 pts. Yesterday when we went to the 2 year anniversary they were giving a $10 credit per pt. Making it $102/pt, so it is only going to continue to go up. They showed how Contemporary was $29 a night back in 1971 and now the rack rate is $500, so who knows what a room will be in 2050? They also gave a limited edition pin of BLT and a lithograph of one of the pictures that are in the BLT rooms. For AKV we also received Dec 2008 pts and all our dues are pro-rated, so from Dec of 08-Sept 09 we didn't have to pay dues on those pts.

But the real clincher was Aaron's face when Mickey and Minnie had to leave the dance party! Aaron was very shy of the characters at WDW but we had so much one on one time with them that he was able to open up and actually gave both of them multiple hugs! It was awesome! :wizard:
100_5048.jpg

It is pretty neat too! After we bought in we called the MIL and she said she had told her fiance that the one thing she wanted to do before she died was sit out on the balcony drinking coffee and watch the giraffes. She was crying!

Sorry, for the long post! But we are excited!

:simba:Congratulations!!:simba:

Just for the record...Homework sucks...

Back to your regularly scheduled bantering...:thumbsup2

Oh and for the record...since this won't last once Todd's online...;)

scarlett873 7
Launchpad11B 5
3guysandagal 5
OKW Lover 3
georgemoe 3
aspen37 2
kathrna 2
spaddy 2
A.Mickey 2
fakereadhed 2
AnneR 2
WebmasterJohn 1

I arrive on 12/13 so I'll be missing the Toy Story Mania Party (unless I can change my flight...I think podcast meets are easily worth it though). But I'm excited to see the podcast live and in person. Yay!

We have been wanting DVC for the past 3 years. On our last trip we rented points and stayed at the Boardwalk and that pretty much sealed the deal! When we no longer had a car payment about a month ago, and the MIL decided to chip in 100 a month towards DVC it really started to look like it was time to buy DVC.

The last DISmeet we went to at the D2D store they were giving you $13 credit per pt. so it ended up being $99/pt for AKL with the buy in at 100 pts. Yesterday when we went to the 2 year anniversary they were giving a $10 credit per pt. Making it $102/pt, so it is only going to continue to go up. They showed how Contemporary was $29 a night back in 1971 and now the rack rate is $500, so who knows what a room will be in 2050? They also gave a limited edition pin of BLT and a lithograph of one of the pictures that are in the BLT rooms. For AKV we also received Dec 2008 pts and all our dues are pro-rated, so from Dec of 08-Sept 09 we didn't have to pay dues on those pts.

But the real clincher was Aaron's face when Mickey and Minnie had to leave the dance party! Aaron was very shy of the characters at WDW but we had so much one on one time with them that he was able to open up and actually gave both of them multiple hugs! It was awesome! :wizard:
100_5048.jpg

It is pretty neat too! After we bought in we called the MIL and she said she had told her fiance that the one thing she wanted to do before she died was sit out on the balcony drinking coffee and watch the giraffes. She was crying!

Sorry, for the long post! But we are excited!

That photo is too cute.

I arrive on 12/13 so I'll be missing the Toy Story Mania Party (unless I can change my flight...I think podcast meets are easily worth it though). But I'm excited to see the podcast live and in person. Yay!

Think of it this way....:teacher:

When will you be able to ride TSM again.....for 3 hours in a row? :confused3

And thats more than 10 times in 3 hours!!!! :lmao: No 60 min waits!! :thumbsup2

Not to mention the party atmosphere on Pixar Street. :dance3:

Flight change.............;)

Just sayin'

Hi everyone! Can't believe we are on thread #2 already!

Can't wait for the TSM event!!

Shanan, Congrats on your DVC purchase, and Welcome Home!

Happy Sunday morning everyone! :wave: :wave: :wave: Times moving pretty fast don't you think? The big cool event is amost upon us :woohoo::yay::woohoo:!

Has anyone else started packing yet :upsidedow?

I my Disney box that I keep throwing more stuff in. :)

Good Morning Everyone!!

I am gathering supplies for my trip to WDW in two weeks. That will also be the start of my supplies for the DAP trip. I have 9 more work days before I start my vacation. 4 1/2 days in Texas first then 10 wonderful days in WDW.
These 9 days won't go by fast enough, as I am ready for a vacation.

Thanks for the reminder - I have a packing list that I update for each trip. I need to do this for my upcoming trip :)

Good Morning DAP friends!!!! Thread #2? Bout time, I say. ;)

I got something new in my siggy today! Just had to let it be known:yay:!

:whistles: Nice!

I know that there was some talk of a meet at the (DVC) Merry Member Mixer before heading to the DAP event on Saturday, but it appears that they aren't holding MMM's this year. So - we'll just have to amuse ourselves some other way.

I thought we were Journeying into Imagination with Kathy and Figment. After all, we are her peeps!!

Awww. Isn't it awesome when you can make wishes come true?

One of these days I'll be able to convince DH to buy into DVC...I may have to bust out that chicken recipe...:rotfl:

When you figure out what works, please share the secret.

Oh and for the record...since this won't last once Todd's online...;)

Ahem. From thread #1....
jeanigor - 426
baby1disney - 226
georgemoe - 180
spaddy - 129
Minnie Lor - 125
tiggerbell - 120
scarlett873 - 112
aspen37 - 110
dpuck1998 - 103
DVCsince02 - 102
kab407 - 101
shellyminnie - 101

Page Six?!?!? Wow. No more weekends out of town for me. I have a reputation to uphold.:laughing::laughing::thumbsup2

Good Morning DAP friends!!!! Thread #2? Bout time, I say. ;)

:whistles: Nice!

I thought we were Journeying into Imagination with Kathy and Figment. After all, we are her peeps!!

Awww. Isn't it awesome when you can make wishes come true?

When you figure out what works, please share the secret.

Ahem. From thread #1....
jeanigor - 426
baby1disney - 226
georgemoe - 180
spaddy - 129
Minnie Lor - 125
tiggerbell - 120
scarlett873 - 112
aspen37 - 110
dpuck1998 - 103
DVCsince02 - 102
kab407 - 101
shellyminnie - 101
My point exactly...

And in my defense...my post count was low in the last thread because I wasn't even sure that I was going for awhile! But at least I made the top ten...:thumbsup2

Morning! I'm waiting for my phone call to set up my phone interview...I just hope she calls!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter