Dis Kids Teleporter Network!

tigressjewel

T..I.. double guh.. rrrr
:cool1: Welcome to the Dis Kids Network! :cool1:

The sentiment was expressed one day on another thread: “I would love for my DD to meet your DD” This became the birth of our Dis Kids Teleporter Network. (Thanks to CL_Bezoar [JeanJoe] for planting the seed!)

What is it?
A network of teleporters set up for the kids (and teens) of adult members of the Dis Boards. It provides a safe and easy way for our kids to meet each other and play VMK. There are currently four rooms, Network Blue, Network Purple Network green and Network Red. We also have a lobby(hub), dance club, train play room, race room and game room. We gave them inconspicuous names on purpose. Even though we realize that there are no private rooms on VMK we created these to be as safe and private as possible. We hope that it’s a place where everyone is familiar with everyone else there. Each room does have a closed turnstile at the doorway to prevent unknown drop ins from snooping around should the rooms get on the popular room list. The kids are of course welcome to bring any other friends they wish to visit!

Who can join?
Since the idea came about from a wish of parents to essentially make a virtual play date for their child with the child of a fellow Dis’er the network is for the kids of adult Dis members. Teens who have been regularly participating on Dis (but their parents have not) and are recommended by an adult on Dis, may also join. We have kids as young as kindergarten all the way up to high school in the network. We are going to be strict with the rule of parents permission or reccomendation by dis member in good standing. There is just no shortcuts or compromise when it comes to doing our best to keep it safe and having a check system.

How do I get my child (or myself) linked?
In keeping with the ideas outlined above, we are asking you to take a few simple steps in order to get your child linked:
1. Send a pm to me (tigressjewel) and/or PurpleDuck and/or disvaclub92 telling us your VMK name and your child(s) VMK name. This is for us to verify that you are in Dis and you are aware of what your child is participating in. It’s not a bad idea to send us all a PM, we can respond sooner that way.
2. Have a available a set of pink door teleporters.
3. Either PurpleDuck, disvaclub92 or myself will set up a time to trade one teleporter with you. We will place it in the network and your child will place the other in their room. That’s it!

Can I donate items for the network and what do you need?
Yes! We will list here when we have a specific need for the network. If you just have something you want to give, but we don’t list a need, then just find one of us, and we do have storerooms set aside specifically for donations.
Current Needs:
donations for prizes so we can do an event for the kids

If you have any questions or concerns please contact tigressjewel, disvaclub92 or PurpleDuck through private message here.

Here are the most current photos of the extra rooms:
New hub lobby (thank you berrygirl!!)
kidslobby1230.jpg

Dance club, complete with video screens on every wall!
kidsdance1230.jpg

Train club, great for a picture spot or a virtual tour with your friends!
kidstrain1230.jpg

Race Room. race around the circle or just sit and chat in space with your friends!
kidsrace1230.jpg

Game room. Thank you hrhkit! This room is set up great for a game show or trivia game. Maybe even a virtual class room!
kidsskull1230.jpg

I think it's a great idea! I know my DD would love it.

I went ahead and stuck the post. :)

Glad the idea might have some interest! I'd suggest the following:

- from DIS central teleporter lobby, a teleporter link to a Kid's Hub
- from the Kid's Hub, links to each of the kid's rooms
- furnish the Kid's Hub with donated stuff so it's really nice, and a place the kids might like to hang out when not in their own rooms

Things to decide:
- who do you want to own the Kid's Hub? needs to be somebody on frequently enough that they can get the kid's teleporter and place it in the room

Potential problems:
- if there are a LOT of kid's rooms linked, the hub will get cluttered with coffins and won't be much fun to hang out in

By the way, I'd be happy to host the hub, and could donate an Explorer's Tent for it (I think it has decent space available, to maximize use). I'd use a more fun teleporter, perhaps a train that I could also donate, to link.

Suggestions?

tigressjewel said:
JeanJoe had this great idea on another thread. We'd like to put together a teleporter network just for our kids! I know mine will love it. I have no idea how to go about starting it, so I need help. Would it be possible or desirable to sticky this post? Thanks again JeanJoe for the great idea. Can't wait to get started!

JeanJoe said:
Hub of the Kid's teleporter network could contain DIS member donated items with the promise that they'd only be used for the Kid's central meeting area. I bet a really, really cool lobby could be created with the generosity of DIS people

I'd love to get my son connected into the network.

I have a set of stitch teleporters I could contribute for the hub.

Sorry I can't offer to host since I'm not on that much. Usually can't get on during the work week unless I'm working at home.

I am going to go ahead and designate one of my skull rock rooms today and set up coffins for each of my kids rooms. I suspect that we will need more than one room so it doesn't get too cluttered. We can just name them by color. We'll go ahead and start out with the room I own and JeanJoes tent room, this way there will be more than one person who can help get a kid linked. I will take screen shots of both rooms and put each kids sn on the teleporter that links to their room and post it here on the first post. That will make it easy for the kids to find each other, and for us to find them! I think it would work best to use coffins to link to all the rooms and then a different type teleporter that links the hubs to each other and to Dis network. :cool1:

My son would love to do this too! How does he get to the DIS hub(central teleporter lobby?)? Is it up yet?

Another way that, granted, would be really expensive for the lobby owner would be to take an in-game VMK picture (preferably of the kid), label it with the screen name, and put it up in the room beside the teleporter.

That way, you would not have to cross-reference a posted "map" here on the DIS while wandering VMK.

This was the original plan with the DIS network, but did not happen because:
1) early Beta bug, of unremovable photos
2) too many coffins, not enough room to put pictures, especially in Maleficent-type room. Haunted mansion room would have much more space, as, I think, Skull Rock. Not sure about Explorer's Tent. (These last 3 were not available in early beta.)

Given that even grown-ups get totally lost in the current Dis network, perhaps we should keep things simpler and just start with Tigressjewel's room, linked to the DIS Teleporter Hub?

(The reason for this is so that kid's currently not linked into the Kid network can probably still find a grown-up who can walk them through the Dis hub to the Kid hub.)

tigressjewel said:
I am going to go ahead and designate one of my skull rock rooms today and set up coffins for each of my kids rooms. I suspect that we will need more than one room so it doesn't get too cluttered. We can just name them by color. We'll go ahead and start out with the room I own and JeanJoes tent room, this way there will be more than one person who can help get a kid linked. I will take screen shots of both rooms and put each kids sn on the teleporter that links to their room and post it here on the first post. That will make it easy for the kids to find each other, and for us to find them! I think it would work best to use coffins to link to all the rooms and then a different type teleporter that links the hubs to each other and to Dis network. :cool1:

Please count me in as a host too! I have a room I can donate to host the kids teleporters. I am such an 'add duck' I am on almost 24/7 to VMK's time! Plus, I already have so many DIS and their kids on my list, I am very easy to find, at worst a couple of inquiries away. (Can my room be the "Purple" color room? LOL)

DS ILikeCheeze is so excited already!

I would love to donate some cool items, someone PM me so we can set up a time to meet for the trade. What are you looking for?

Oh and I'm sure BurritoBaby will love this idea!

My girls would love to be a part of it. Also, they can donate a room to the hub - Fortress Room. Is it possible for my DD9 to be a host? Since she is on more than me - lol.

Also, I have furniture I can donate too. This is a great idea. My girls have met several Adult and Kids of the DIS Network and they have so much fun chatting with all of you.

tigressjewel said:
:cool1: This is for our kids to meet each other and make good friends, like all of us have! :cool1:

Below is a photo of the first hub. We will name them by color. There will be a teleporter in the middle that connects hubs to each other and to Dis central. Each kids connecting teleporter will have their name on it in the photo so they can find each other. I will also label each teleporter in game with a photo. We will start with two rooms, one owned by CL_tigressjewel and one owned by JeanJoe. Contact one of us to set up a trade time and place to have your room linked. Just buy a set of coffins and trade one to one of us, than have your child place the other in their room. For now I'm not going to set up a lobby. I think the hub is a good start and the kids can then visit in their rooms. If you would like to donate any decorative things for them to enjoy in the hub, please feel free!

The first room title is Dis kids network purple so you can search it and see if I'm there, I'll set you up.
diskidpurple1.jpg
My little brother would probably love that!He is only 7 so he don't type.His vmk name is tigerofnotreda.

I placed a Stitch teleporter in the DIS Central Lobby, and gave the mate to Zsert.

So, as soon as Tigressjewel gets it and places it, it will be possible to go from the DIS Central Lobby to the DIS Kid's Teleporter Lobby via the Stitch teleporter.

DIS Central is going to need to go into some refurbishment, as it's getting too crowded. I'll probably change DIS Central to a different room type. Sort of sad, because it was my very first room (the one I got when creating Bezoar).

JeanJoe said:
I placed a Stitch teleporter in the DIS Central Lobby, and gave the mate to Zsert.
Thank you, I'm getting ready to log in now to get it. Sounds like we have enough interest and items to get a lobby fixed up for them too, so more information on that will be forthcoming. :cool1:

I just told my brother,and he is going crazy over it!I cant wait to add him!!!I hope you dont mind my brother's empty room.

JeanJoe (Bezoar), thanks for this great idea!

Now that I have my kids all set up on the Dis Kids Teleporter Network (and they think it's the *coolest* thing ever), maybe you could help me get into the "Big Kids" Dis Teleporter Network. I have been watching for you or Astryd and have never seen you on VMK. I may be old and gray before I get hooked up if I keep waiting to just run into you. ;)

Thanks

My DD would love to be a part of the network
Can she use her tea cup teleporter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter