Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Do you have any fun mad dashes coming up in 2015?

I don't know yet.

DH is talking about having to be in San Francisco for work at the end of March. My project at work was going to be delivered in March but I know that they are looking at delaying the launch date.
It could all work out really well if the launch is delayed.

We're thinking of just me and him; and leaving DS at home. But we have to check dates of when he needs to be up there. We have booked DS into a music festival and there is a chance the dates will overlap.

Fun and games! :headache:

I better get going. Need to catch up on a few chores here. If I don't catch you later today, I hope to catch you tomorrow.

We're heading to go see another movie this afternoon. :thumbsup2

A Christmas Miracle! :thumbsup2

What kind of cats do you have?

Good morning. Had a houseful of 18/19 yr olds last night playing "Rotten Apples." With me. And Dh. It was quite, um, eventful. :rotfl2:

We have an American Bobtail, 2 black cats, and a tuxedo I guess you'd call him.

Stella and Louie, our 2 youngsters.
We never knew that Junior, our American Bobtail, was an actual breed. We just thought he had been born with a nub instead of a long tail. Interesting breed they are. :lovestruc
http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/breedsab/americanbobtail.aspx
Brody is a big cat, born on a farm. He's the inspiration for my first tag. ::yes:: Thank you for asking!

So we saw Into the Woods on Christmas day. If you like Sondheim, you should love it. The staging, costuming and make up were just spectacular! The singing was executed flawlessly. I just don't care for the melodic styling of Sondheim. But it was still an enjoyable movie, even if the storyline was very strange.

Yesterday at Disneyland was fun but incredibly exhausting. We didn't do gifts for Christmas so cooking and the movie was pretty much our day.

Very cute kitties njmom47! What part of the state do you live in? Are you North, South or Central?

We found another word that needs the universal translator! :woohoo:

Jocks are underwear. :lmao:

I'm glad you translated this PIO! A "jock" over here is a much more personal item than underwear! :lmao:

I don't know yet.

DH is talking about having to be in San Francisco for work at the end of March. My project at work was going to be delivered in March but I know that they are looking at delaying the launch date.
It could all work out really well if the launch is delayed.

We're thinking of just me and him; and leaving DS at home. But we have to check dates of when he needs to be up there. We have booked DS into a music festival and there is a chance the dates will overlap.

Fun and games! :headache:

We are thinking about heading up to my parents house at the end of March. Our concert is Sunday the 22nd and we are looking at heading up sometime after the concert. My mother's Iris are supposed to be in bloom then and she wants us to come up and see them. I guess she chose their new house for the full sun in the front yard where her Iris are blooming much better than at the previous house.

It's called "On the Red Carpet" You should come and listen to it! :rotfl2:

I wish I could, but I think I'll need to win the lottery first to squeeze in another trip in March. Just in case it happens where and when is you concert?

Good morning. Had a houseful of 18/19 yr olds last night playing "Rotten Apples." With me. And Dh. It was quite, um, eventful. :rotfl2:

We have an American Bobtail, 2 black cats, and a tuxedo I guess you'd call him.

Stella and Louie, our 2 youngsters.
We never knew that Junior, our American Bobtail, was an actual breed. We just thought he had been born with a nub instead of a long tail. Interesting breed they are. :lovestruc
http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/breedsab/americanbobtail.aspx
Brody is a big cat, born on a farm. He's the inspiration for my first tag. ::yes:: Thank you for asking!

Cute!

There are a number of us cat people on this thread. :thumbsup2

So we saw Into the Woods on Christmas day. If you like Sondheim, you should love it. The staging, costuming and make up were just spectacular! The singing was executed flawlessly. I just don't care for the melodic styling of Sondheim. But it was still an enjoyable movie, even if the storyline was very strange.

Excellent. I will definitely go see it when it finally opens here. :mad:

Yesterday at Disneyland was fun but incredibly exhausting. We didn't do gifts for Christmas so cooking and the movie was pretty much our day.

Sounds like fun! Did you go with your parents?

I'm glad you translated this PIO! A "jock" over here is a much more personal item than underwear! :lmao:

I don't think I dare ask for the US translation! :rotfl:

We are thinking about heading up to my parents house at the end of March. Our concert is Sunday the 22nd and we are looking at heading up sometime after the concert. My mother's Iris are supposed to be in bloom then and she wants us to come up and see them. I guess she chose their new house for the full sun in the front yard where her Iris are blooming much better than at the previous house.

YAY!

I really won't know anything until February, if I'm lucky! But I sure hope that the moons align. :thumbsup2

So......we went to Ikea this morning. Looking to do an Ikea hack for an indoor cat thing. I better go help DH put it together now and hope that it looks decent. I'll post pictures irrespective.....when we're done!

Wish me luck!

Hopefully, DH and I can find separate parallel jobs to do putting the furniture together so that we don't kill each other. :rotfl:

Good evening Fogies.

Hope your cat thing works out well PiO. I hope that you are able to come back to the U.S.

Nice to hear that you had a good time at Disneyland yesterday Alison.

Catification Project using the Ikea Hack method

This corner of the house has always been a bit of disaster area. We tend to use this as the shoe repository. 3 people in the house = 12 pairs of shoes here sometimes = messy. I decided it was perfect for a Catification project using the Ikea Hack method.

I have to admit that I went specifically looking for a shoe rack. That's the unit right at the end. Mission accomplished where that aim was concerned. Then I spotted the LACK TV benches. I figured we could get 3 of those to begin with. We will get some brackets from Bunnings and hack the units together for stability. We will claim some of that space for storage but effectively, all of that will be cat space. The runners on the benches are also Ikea floor mats. I cut them in half.

We also got 2 of the LACK floating shelves. We will layer them up so that the cats have a staircase with the TV benches and the floating staircases. I figured that would do as a start and we can add scratching posts as we go along. We didn't put them up; DH and I figure that we have time to decide if we want the shelves to head to the door end of the house or the other way. I am trending towards the door right now; but we'll see.

Our reward?

The little one was sleeping through all our catification in a (free) cardboard box! That's catitude for you.

We are making progress with the two kitties in the house. The white cat will eat side by side with the new interloper now.

princess::upsidedow

Give a kitty a box and they are happy. Once I made a two story for cats and put holes in and had a ball watching them chase a ball as we kept throwing it into the different holes. At least boxes are free. :rotfl2:

I love your hardwood floors. Glad to see your white kitty getting along with the new one

Hi Bret, see there is another Sacanime, sp? coming up

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter