DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

my DIL is not a Disney person. She never lived more than 50 miles from Disneyland and never went until she went with our son and us in her 20s. She has been to WDW 4 times for competitions and conventions and has NEVER been to any of the parks.
Yikes. You have to work on her, haha.

Yikes. You have to work on her, haha.
Funny thing is, her dad is a company CEO and he was cleaning out a desk that previous CEOs had used and found 20 passes to Disneyland. Apparently they used to give them out as perks to their employees and were pushed back in the desk and forgotten for 50 years. Yup. The issue date on them was 1972. Disney is still honoring them. So my oldest Granddaughter has been to Disneyland, at age 3. About 20 years younger than her mother was for her first visit.

Funny thing is, her dad is a company CEO and he was cleaning out a desk that previous CEOs had used and found 20 passes to Disneyland. Apparently they used to give them out as perks to their employees and were pushed back in the desk and forgotten for 50 years. Yup. The issue date on them was 1972. Disney is still honoring them. So my oldest Granddaughter has been to Disneyland, at age 3. About 20 years younger than her mother was for her first visit.
Very neat. Cheap, no cost tickets.

I'm thinking SandraB, Barb. Great picture of a bunch of 'old timers'. Hope your sister Nancy is doing well also, Barb. Please say hello for me if possible.

Some great memories there, Beezle. Bad Shoe, fun times there. There was @Zurg and @zurgswife. I wonder how they are doing

Hope the med stuff is behind you now, @pbrim. Good to be planning a return trip, especially to celebrate retirement..

It was great meeting your dad and Newley way back when, Gina.

And a Vader meetup and a lightsaber, what a way to bring him into the fold. Very neat. Great picture.

Hi Dan!

I'm still around and doing well. My girls are all grown and still love Disney. My youngest did the college program and now lives down in Florida, not working for Disney though.

I am retiring in 1 week! I still show up here on the boards. I do the award shows threads and also the American Idol one if there is one.

Hi Dan!

I'm still around and doing well. My girls are all grown and still love Disney. My youngest did the college program and now lives down in Florida, not working for Disney though.

I am retiring in 1 week! I still show up here on the boards. I do the award shows threads and also the American Idol one if there is one.
Hey Nancy! Great to see you. Good fun times in the past.

Amazing how the kids grow up, way too fast. And you, retiring in a few days. Congratulations, you've earned it. I'm coming up on 3 years in retirement. Most days are Saturdays, ha. Enjoy!

Again, great to see you.

Just saw the link to this thread in Dan’s sig. I’m still around. Trip #33 coming soon. Reminiscing about the ol’ DIS days. Remembering the first DISCon and stories of the corn people on the steps of City Hall. Good times, good times.

Just saw the link to this thread in Dan’s sig. I’m still around. Trip #33 coming soon. Reminiscing about the ol’ DIS days. Remembering the first DISCon and stories of the corn people on the steps of City Hall. Good times, good times.
Great to see you again, Nancy. Good memories from back then. And the local DIS meets, so many of them, back when the pins were so in vogue! Fun days. 'Neighbor' still?
the corn people :rotfl2: those were the days
And great to see you also, Erika, fellow Murphy! I'll always remember your TV stardom! And yes, the corn people! :laughing: :lmao:

Great to see you again, Nancy. Good memories from back then. And the local DIS meets, so many of them, back when the pins were so in vogue! Fun days. 'Neighbor' still?

And great to see you also, Erika, fellow Murphy! I'll always remember your TV stardom! And yes, the corn people! :laughing: :lmao:
It’s always good to see you here Dan! My oldest just got married and my youngest is headed to law school, the tv show was 20 years ago if you can even believe! :upsidedow

I remember that! But what I don’t remember is whether it was plain canned corn or creamed corn?
I'm pretty sure it was the niblets, Dorothy. Too messy otherwise. Willy used to write some really funny stuff about the corn people.
Haven’t posted in years and this popped up in my notifications 😀. I’m retired now and planning my first solo trip in September .
Well, sure nice to see you back, @Kteacher! Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy that solo trip, great way to go, do what you want, when you want.
I too am still hanging around. I am now retired as of 2020. My children are grown. I have a granddaughter that’s 14 and still love and go to Disney as often as I can.View attachment 859591View attachment 859591
Nice to see you, Denise. Everyone is growing up, getting older. Nice pictures of you and Mark there. Everyone looks happy! Any Ray update?
Pretty sure it was plain old canned corn.
I think so also, @dizneegirl. Had to be.
It’s always good to see you here Dan! My oldest just got married and my youngest is headed to law school, the tv show was 20 years ago if you can even believe! :upsidedow
Married? Law school? 20 years ago for the TV show? :faint: Time flies, Erika. :
Oh the corn people! Interesting to see that some of us still have the August 19, 1999 after the big crash!
Fun times, eh, Karen? Good to see you.

Actually, that August date was not one of those frequent crashes. It was the start date of a new software that the previous owner here incorporated. I started here in March, 1999 and then reregistered with that new software in August. Lots of August and September , 1999 dates here. Then I had to reregister once again in April, 2000. as the software was updated and a few of the moderator folks had to reregister once more.

I'm pretty sure it was the niblets, Dorothy. Too messy otherwise. Willy used to write some really funny stuff about the corn people.

Well, sure nice to see you back, @Kteacher! Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy that solo trip, great way to go, do what you want, when you want.

Nice to see you, Denise. Everyone is growing up, getting older. Nice pictures of you and Mark there. Everyone looks happy! Any Ray update?

I think so also, @dizneegirl. Had to be.

Married? Law school? 20 years ago for the TV show? :faint: Time flies, Erika. :

Fun times, eh, Karen? Good to see you.

Actually, that August date was not one of those frequent crashes. It was the start date of a new software that the previous owner here incorporated. I started here in March, 1999 and then reregistered with that new software in August. Lots of August and September , 1999 dates here. Then I had to reregister once again in April, 2000. as the software was updated and a few of the moderator folks had to reregister once more.
Oh yes! The new software. You have a much better memory than I do!

Since this is the Old Timers thread I have a question, that I hope, someone on here can answer: How far back do the archives go? I kind of have this craving to go back and read a thread that goes back to Hurricane Charlie, written by a guy named Charlie. Just curious. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter