Disabled Vent!!

Biscuitsmom31

<font color=peach>Burn a candle to deal with the s
This may sound really selfish but I'm sick of realtors treating us like a charity case. We met a nice realtor and she is helping us sell our home and buy a new one. The first one we had kept treating us like we didn't have money to spend (which I'm certain had something to do with DH's wheelchair). This women has been kind and her husband, who does handywork, has offered to do some repairs to our home to prepare it to sell. We didn't ask him to do the repairs for free - he brought it up and offered. (Which is very kind.)

However, now I feel the realtor is holding these free repairs over our heads. She keeps reminding us of them and letting us know that we are obligated to list our home with her because of them etc. Fine with me, I was planning to list our home with her anyway. There is no way I would use her husband that way.

My problem is that we have money budgeted for these repairs. We've offered to pay the man. I just don't want it held over me. Just because DH is disabled does not mean that we shouldn't be treated like any other buyer. I don't want him to do the repairs if it will be held over us.

Okay, so I'm being ungrateful. Why does this bother me?

Do what you got to do to get rid of your house and them you won't have to see them again. She may have added alittle something into the closing cost to pay for repairs that were done or being done :rolleyes1 .
Sometimes people think they are a help when they really are not, whenever we were looking at houses we spend one whole day to embarrassed to tell the realtor every house we look at didn't have to have a wheelchair ramp ( heck we could put that in ourselves ), we looked at some real losers just because it had a ramp :eek: , finally we just spoke up and said this is what WE want. Two days later we found the house we've been in for 19 years now. Just be honest, and tell this lady what you need and that you are glad for any help but don't feel she has too. Good Luck ! :grouphug:

I am going to move this to our disABILITIES Community Board.

I agree that the woman is probably trying to help, but it's kind of a 'handout' feeling the way she is doing it. I wonder if she finds something for each seller to be obligated to her for - she just might be so insecure that she feels like she has to 'tie' buyers to her in order to get people to list.
:grouphug:

Totally OT, but one time I got a telephone solicitation to donate money to an organization "to send the slow learners to the circus". I thought that was so funny....why should we assume that the parents of the "slow learners" can't afford circus tickets?

Totally OT, but one time I got a telephone solicitation to donate money to an organization "to send the slow learners to the circus". I thought that was so funny....why should we assume that the parents of the "slow learners" can't afford circus tickets?

:lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter