Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ladies, I've been lurking for a while, but I waited to post until I had something to share! I first discovered you in 2006 when we had our first trip. I designed a couple of outfits for my dds, but my mom sewed most of it, so I didn't learn a lot. I then left sewing behind until the next year (2007). I tried to make some drawstring bags w/o any directions on my own, but I messed up and they became pillowcases. :laughing: I use one to hold diapers in the diaper bag, but the rest are unused right now. However, they are big enough for some travel size pillows and can be used as pillowcases. :thumbsup2 I did not sew at all in 2008, and this year I found all of you again and was again inspired to sew. I have 3 princesses, and all of you have kept me motivated when I've felt like giving up! You're awesome!

Here are some photos of the outfits I designed in 2006.
This is our Minnie Mouse dress:
Picture165-1-1.jpg

This is a Tink shirt and another view of Minnie:
Picture060-1.jpg

Here you can see that the shoulder ribbons for Tink kept slipping down. I wanted it to look reminiscent of Tink's wings. I don't think my dd thought this outfit was too comfy either.
Picture065-1.jpg

My recent project of this year was a pair of pajama pants. I used a Simplicity It's So Easy pattern. Ha! I really struggled with it. I could do another now easily, but the first time, yikes! I hate patterns, and I think I may follow all of you toward YCMT.
MarchtoApril2009103.jpg

Here is dd showing that the pants have pockets.
MarchtoApril2009102.jpg

I want to make a skirt or dress for my next dd. I need something really simple. What would you recommend on YCMT?

I think these are adorable. The Tink is a cute idea, with the pointed hem.
Keep up the good work!

Here are the girls' Easter dresses! I think that they turned out wonderfully! they might even be my favorite dresses to date! I just love the fabric!!!!!!

myprojects060.jpg

myprojects057.jpg

Ane here is Kaitlyn's ( she wasn't in the mood to model for me yet this morning)
myprojects059.jpg

Such pretty dresses. I just wasn't motivated enough to make Kirsta something for Easter. I wish school would let them occassionally wear something other then a uniform.

Does anyone know if this fabric comes in yellow?
th_etsy09.jpg

th_etsypink1.jpg
I can look for ya!

AHEM!!!!

Um Did we FORGET someone?:sad:

I feel sooo unloved...........:eeyore:

Ok, I am going back to sleep now LOL

It's ok Cindee. They tried to leave me too. If I had KNOWN about the move I would have come and got you.

A little late..... but I'm here!

OH! And I see T made it over too! GOOD- I'm glad! I always worry about here!!!
:wave2:Hi Karen!! That's for lookin' out for me! It's nice to know that SOMEONE cares.

Who is George? :confused3

I have 36 pictures to post of the castle bed. Should I take up 2 posts or should I just link to my photobucket or something? I don't want people to hate me. It took that many pictures to show it off good. :snooty:

George is the Curious George outfit I am making for my youngest DD.

Ok for those keeping track, guess how much sewing I have gotten done since my whine last night?

wait for it.....

ZIP ZERO NADA!!!!! Have not even chosen fabric yet:scared1:

But with each new day there is hope. I have been up since 6am thanks to a fool running a leaf blower:sad2:, "baby grump butt" is up and dressed and we are headed to the fabric store.:thumbsup2 (NOT because I NEED fabric, but because they send me coupons!LOL)

I will look and see if they have the yellow dot- My 2 Angels. Did I see you are in FL?

And I blame Tom, I was all set to make a solid colored dress for Morgan (one color-what WAS I thinking?:lmao:) but then I saw his dresses and now I need a print and I can't use ANY of the prints I have LOL.

LOL:rotfl2::rotfl: Cindee, you better get busy girl!!!!! I would REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE you checking for me! THANK YOU THANK YOU! And I a ALMOST in florida!LOL My house is in alabama but if I walk to the other side of the road I am in Florida!LOL My mailbox is about 4 ft from Florida!:rotfl2::rotfl:

Just subbing so I don't lose you all! I actually have a number of things to post, I just never take the time to take pics. I'll try to get to that!

Today is Kirsten's Easter Egg hunt at her school, and I made her a skirt to go with the shirt that I got from Target after Easter last year.

easter1.jpg

Here's my dd modeling it before school this morning..
easter2.jpg

Not the best picture, but here is one of ds and dd...
easter3.jpg

I love the buzz shirt! Where did you find the fabric? I'm going to head out fabric shopping this weekend! The trip is closing in and I need to get moving.

Good morning ladies! I have to say, I have been in a bit of a funk lately but seeing everyone's wonderful creations and cute kiddos sure helps cheer me up!

Does anyone know if this fabric comes in yellow?
th_etsy09.jpg

th_etsypink1.jpg

I have never seen Yellow Dots at Joanns and I have looked every time.
I have seen red, orange, pink, kelly green, royal blue, navy blue, brown and white. I so wish they had yellow and purple too.

I have seen red, orange, pink, kelly green, royal blue, navy blue, brown and white. I so wish they had yellow and purple too.

Thanks! I guess they don't make it?!:confused3 Sure wish they did!

Quick drive by post, but I made it over. Hope to have something to share before the weekend is over- though I have a sleepover for 3 and a "fake sleepover" for 5 tomorrow night- should be interesting.

Love all of the new stuff. I am compelled to buy the precious dress even though I don't have a girl. . .

Good grief, gone for half a day, go to sleep, and you're already on page 5 of a new thread! Violet's blood draw was NOT pleasant. I ended up crying so much because she was such a wreck that they made Daddy take her and wouldn't let me stay. I feel like I failed her by not being able to control my own emotions for her. :sad1:

The princess bed is AMAZING. Maybe I can guild my dad into something like that. . .hmm. . .

Today is Kirsten's Easter Egg hunt at her school, and I made her a skirt to go with the shirt that I got from Target after Easter last year.

easter1.jpg

Here's my dd modeling it before school this morning..
easter2.jpg

easter3.jpg

Both of your kids are adorable, love that shirt.

Hi ladies, I've been lurking for a while, but I waited to post until I had something to share! I first discovered you in 2006 when we had our first trip. I designed a couple of outfits for my dds, but my mom sewed most of it, so I didn't learn a lot. I then left sewing behind until the next year (2007). I tried to make some drawstring bags w/o any directions on my own, but I messed up and they became pillowcases. :laughing: I use one to hold diapers in the diaper bag, but the rest are unused right now. However, they are big enough for some travel size pillows and can be used as pillowcases. :thumbsup2 I did not sew at all in 2008, and this year I found all of you again and was again inspired to sew. I have 3 princesses, and all of you have kept me motivated when I've felt like giving up! You're awesome!

Here are some photos of the outfits I designed in 2006.
This is our Minnie Mouse dress:
Picture165-1-1.jpg

Picture060-1.jpg

Here you can see that the shoulder ribbons for Tink kept slipping down. I wanted it to look reminiscent of Tink's wings. I don't think my dd thought this outfit was too comfy either.
Picture065-1.jpg

My recent project of this year was a pair of pajama pants. I used a Simplicity It's So Easy pattern. Ha! I really struggled with it. I could do another now easily, but the first time, yikes! I hate patterns, and I think I may follow all of you toward YCMT.
MarchtoApril2009103.jpg

Here is dd showing that the pants have pockets.
MarchtoApril2009102.jpg

I want to make a skirt or dress for my next dd. I need something really simple. What would you recommend on YCMT?

Those are all very cute, and I love the flannel you chose for the pj pants!

Here are the girls' Easter dresses! I think that they turned out wonderfully! they might even be my favorite dresses to date! I just love the fabric!!!!!!

myprojects060.jpg

myprojects057.jpg

Ane here is Kaitlyn's ( she wasn't in the mood to model for me yet this morning)
myprojects059.jpg

Nice dresses!

And without further ado, The girls Easter ensembles.
This was my first time using the Vida, and it was so quick! I think I may be using this a lot. I think the thing I like the best about it, is how you can make it out of such a little amount of fabric.

Julia's dress
boutique.jpg

boutique001.jpg

Zofia's dress
boutique005.jpg

boutique008.jpg

This was my first time using the Vida, and it was so quick! I think I may be using this a lot. I think the thing I like the best about it, is how you can make it out of such a little amount of fabric.

Julia's dress
boutique.jpg

boutique001.jpg

Zofia's dress
boutique005.jpg

boutique008.jpg

Love these dresses! The appliques are beautiful.

Hi! I made it over without much problem...just late which is my norm lately!
So many great outfits...love all of the Easter stuff...I have the fabric to do Katie's tomorrow and ties for the boys to match.

We did get to go to the Easter egg hunt at the YMCA Tuesday night. It was Timmy's first (that he remembers). Timmy found a "golden egg" and so did Katie. Yep, that's right my very sensitive middle child did not! Oh NO! But, Katie is the best big sister ever. As soon as she got her prive she divided it up with Patrick.

This is Timmy hunting.

P4030388.jpg

And Katie comforting Patrick.

P4030393.jpg

Good grief, gone for half a day, go to sleep, and you're already on page 5 of a new thread! Violet's blood draw was NOT pleasant. I ended up crying so much because she was such a wreck that they made Daddy take her and wouldn't let me stay. I feel like I failed her by not being able to control my own emotions for her. :sad1:

I remember taking Jacob to get his blood drawn when he was little I was a nervous wreck on the inside! I somehow managed to keep strong for him but when we got home and he was napping, I lost it! I think I cried for a hald an hour. It is the most difficult thing to do, to see them in pain and afraid and not being able to do anything. :hug: I hope the results are good.

Holy smokes those dresses are beautiful! Great job!

My mother is bringing Megan's Easter dress with her when they come down tomorrow. I can't wait to see it!

easter3.jpg

That outfit is so cute. and those two are adorable!

Picture060-1.jpg

You did a great job on all of those outfits! I would recommend anything really on YCMT! I am a big fan of anything strip work, or a peasant style dress. but really all the patterns on there are so great because they are very well written and with tons of pictures for even easier following!

myprojects060.jpg

myprojects057.jpg

myprojects059.jpg

I love the fabric. sooo cute. great dresses

Good morning ladies! I have to say, I have been in a bit of a funk lately but seeing everyone's wonderful creations and cute kiddos sure helps cheer me up!

I feel ya! I was in the same boat. and now I am all ready to bust out two dresses today!

I believe I saw yellow and purple just yesterday at one of our Joann's. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure I did because i wanted to get yellow (its my favorite color) for some pillows.

Julia's dress
boutique.jpg

boutique001.jpg

Zofia's dress
boutique005.jpg

boutique008.jpg

Those are very beautiful. Great fabric choices!

Hi! I made it over without much problem...just late which is my norm lately!
So many great outfits...love all of the Easter stuff...I have the fabric to do Katie's tomorrow and ties for the boys to match.

We did get to go to the Easter egg hunt at the YMCA Tuesday night. It was Timmy's first (that he remembers). Timmy found a "golden egg" and so did Katie. Yep, that's right my very sensitive middle child did not! Oh NO! But, Katie is the best big sister ever. As soon as she got her prive she divided it up with Patrick.

This is Timmy hunting.

P4030388.jpg

And Katie comforting Patrick.

P4030393.jpg

What a great big sister! Those are great photos!

Julia's dress
boutique.jpg

boutique001.jpg

Zofia's dress
boutique005.jpg

boutique008.jpg

I love these, they are really beautiful! I have just gotten into the Vida dress and am in love with it! I was afraid to try it but once I did, I have all these great ideas in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter