Disboutiquers Part 17 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, part 17, gotta go finish up with 16. You guys always seem to move fastest at the very end of one and the beginning of the other.

We were on page 240 when I went to my meeting this afternoon. You guys are too quick for me to keep up.

Anyway, here is Claire's 1st day of school and my first CarlaC pleated skirt.

DSC_4665.jpg

You all move so fast. I'm still reading the last one as I'm trying to get caught up on everyone's designs and get acquainted. Ok, going back to pg 100 on the last thread and will try to keep up here too.

HELP

I need some color help, I am making DD a dress with this OSU fabric and tell me which dots you think look best

002-3.jpg
You probably already decided, but I also vote for the black.
Wow you ladies are chatty! I'm still reading through the last thread looking for inspiration. School is starting back in less than 2 weeks, and once the big kids are gone all day once again, it will be time for me to start working on outfits for our next Disney trip! It is going to be DD1's first trip and DD8 is begging for matching outfits, so this WILL be the trip that I stop procrastinating and get at least a few outfits done. I don't have a tenth of the talent I've seen in the pics on the old thread, and I'm still new to sewing (and paint more than I sew), but I'm going to give it my best.

Here's my challenge - we're going in January so I'm kind of iffy on skirts in case we have cool days, but we'll have a couple days where we will be going from the park to a signature dinner so the outfits do have to be fairly nice/slightly dressy. Since much of my sewing thus far has been limited to embellishing jeans and trimming tees to coordinate with iron-ons or painted designs, I'm not entirely sure how to handle denim-less outfits! :confused3
We're trying to get to Disney in Dec. too. I'm planning to actually use denim which we can never, ever do in Sept. My thought is to do some simply sweet/stripwork/patchwork type outfits and have portrait peasants and turtlenecks available for underneath and depending on weather either matching denim bottoms or leggings. The denim outfits I'm planning to add some ruffles, applique and "bling" to; to tie them in; I'm thinking probably a longish capri length and then I can bring knee socks for under if it's cold. For DS there will be a selection of shorts and long pants, probably w/ "patches" of coordinating fabric- at least that's the plan for now; I've got 3 outfits sketched out so far, and got the cutest ever cars and mickey and minnie christmas fabric at Joann's today, so...... hopefully the trip will come to fruition!
I think I am still about 15 pages behind.. and still lurking :)
But I made something!

Its the Patchwork Messenger bag from YCMT.
MessengerBag1.jpg
MessengerBag2.jpg

MessengerBag3.jpg

Its for me and I am hoping its not as bright as it seems ;)
The tropical print is from my DS6's first birthday. I made him a blanket out of it and have a bunch of it leftover. I have been wanting to make myself something with it. This used up the funny scraps I had and now I have about a yard for something else. Actually I used all scraps of fabric for this.. that was nice, I had to buy the D rings and O rings but that was it!
The pattern was good. It seemed complicated at first but as I went through, it really wasn't hard at all. I am sure I will use it again.
So, I will break it in this weekend on a quick trip to Albuquerque.

Back to lurking til school starts, we still have another week.
Great job! I don't think it's too bright at all!!

Wow just wanted to say i have enjoyed looking at all the beautiful outfits you all have created over the last couple of months...so much so that i have gotten a plain ol sewing machine to see if i can learn this incredible skill you all seem to have!!!

Is a pillowcase dress a good place to start??? I have sewn nothing other than rag quilts so have no idea when it comes to patterns and matching material and thread etc......:confused3 but i guess i have to start somewhere so was just wondering what would be the easiest to start with??? then i guess my next step would be off to the city to find material and a pattern and whatever else i may need........

Any advice for a starting project??????????

Starting project depends on who you are sewing for. Boy or Girl, and what age?

Also, you may only have a fabricland near you. I don't think we have Joannes or Hobby Lobby, or Hancocks here in Canada. There are always quilt shops though, they can be expensive, and some Walmarts still have fabric. Where are you?

But I made something!

MessengerBag1.jpg
MessengerBag2.jpg

MessengerBag3.jpg

The tropical print is from my DS6's first birthday. I made him a blanket out of it and have a bunch of it leftover. I have been wanting to make myself something with it. This used up the funny scraps I had and now I have about a yard for something else. Actually I used all scraps of fabric for this.. that was nice, I had to buy the D rings and O rings but that was it!
The pattern was good. It seemed complicated at first but as I went through, it really wasn't hard at all. I am sure I will use it again.

Cute. Doesn't look too bright.

We were on page 240 when I went to my meeting this afternoon. You guys are too quick for me to keep up.

DSC_4665.jpg

Love that skirt.

Have been feeling really busy and just not getting much done anywhere lately... But I did finish these 3 sets :)
IMG_9306.jpg

IMG_9300.jpg

IMG_9286.jpg

:)
Lori

HELP

I need some color help, I am making DD a dress with this OSU fabric and tell me which dots you think look best

th_002-3.jpg
Most definitely the black - reds are too hard to match and it may look funky if it's not right.
The move was posted at 2:56pm CST and not even an hour later I make it only on the second page!! You guys are chatty! Can't wait to see all the new outfits. I am working away at getting my little one's ready for our December trip! I'll try and post pics!

Jess
I'm jealous! I haven't even started sewing for our trip yet. I have two excuses though 1) I have limited experience sewing and haven't done it in a while so wanted to do a few other sewing projects to get my feet wet (thus far everything turned out great!) 2) I want the clothes to be a surprise for dd and ds. I am making notes from the characters and will have the clothes on their beds in the morning. Therefore, I am waiting for school to start to work on those outfits.
My other problem is I have some ideas, but keeping seeing other things I like as well and change my mind. I only have one outfit sketched out and truely only one other one in my head.

Wow you ladies are chatty! I'm still reading through the last thread looking for inspiration. School is starting back in less than 2 weeks, and once the big kids are gone all day once again, it will be time for me to start working on outfits for our next Disney trip! It is going to be DD1's first trip and DD8 is begging for matching outfits, so this WILL be the trip that I stop procrastinating and get at least a few outfits done. I don't have a tenth of the talent I've seen in the pics on the old thread, and I'm still new to sewing (and paint more than I sew), but I'm going to give it my best.

Here's my challenge - we're going in January so I'm kind of iffy on skirts in case we have cool days, but we'll have a couple days where we will be going from the park to a signature dinner so the outfits do have to be fairly nice/slightly dressy. Since much of my sewing thus far has been limited to embellishing jeans and trimming tees to coordinate with iron-ons or painted designs, I'm not entirely sure how to handle denim-less outfits! :confused3
We are going in December and I am making skirts or dressing that can have leggings added under if it's cold. I'll likely even embellish the leggings a bit, even if it's only a ruffle. I also bought three pairs of jeans at Target for $2.48 each. They are all size 5 and fit dd fine except length might be a hair short so I'll add ruffles. I'll embellish those somehow as well to coordinate with her dresses. I plan on simply sweets or vidas with leggings or jeans and knit long sleeve shirts under if it's cold. DS will be a bit trickier. I do have three pairs of unzip pants that I was able to find and he'll get some bowling shirts or appliqued t's. For signature dinners if you would do a nice dress you could still put appliqued jeans under them, though leggings might be a bit nicer. And sis you see the post on thread 16 where socks can be made into legwarmers? Really neat idea!

Wow just wanted to say i have enjoyed looking at all the beautiful outfits you all have created over the last couple of months...so much so that i have gotten a plain ol sewing machine to see if i can learn this incredible skill you all seem to have!!!

Is a pillowcase dress a good place to start??? I have sewn nothing other than rag quilts so have no idea when it comes to patterns and matching material and thread etc......:confused3 but i guess i have to start somewhere so was just wondering what would be the easiest to start with??? then i guess my next step would be off to the city to find material and a pattern and whatever else i may need........

Any advice for a starting project??????????
Do NOT run off to the city for patterns. Go to Youcanmakethis.com for patterns. I promise you won't be sorry -- the patterns are soooooo much easier to follow than commercial patterns. I have always considered myself a very inexperienced sewer and after reading these threads and picking up tips from the talented ladies and Tom in addition to the ycmt patterns, I'd made a couple of things I have never ever imagined I could do.

But I made something!

MessengerBag1.jpg

Very cute!

th_DSC_4665.jpg
That turned out great! I don't think I've ever seen anyone post a pic from that pattern yet. Your pleats look absolutely perfect!

Since i managed to score an HDDR adr i wanna make dd a skirt to wear, but i cant buy any new fabric..trying to save as much as possible for the trip. So i have a few pairs of old jeans i was thinking of upcycling, anyone have any ideas or tutorials? i admit i am horrible at following a pattern, i like to see pics in tutorials lol...i probably have some of DH's jeans to use, since hes 6'5" theres alot of denim lol

Page 5, Uggg, so lame, at least I made it today. Love everything that has been posted, I have been pouring over my fabric trying to figure out my next outfit for our trip. Lot's of fun but I have to get to work , LOOK AT MY TICKER:scared1:!!!!

Page 5, Uggg, so lame, at least I made it today. Love everything that has been posted, I have been pouring over my fabric trying to figure out my next outfit for our trip. Lot's of fun but I have to get to work , LOOK AT MY TICKER:scared1:!!!!

Right there with ya sista, I don't know if you mean really get to work as in job or have to get to work as in sewing. Unfortunately, I have work each day and my ticket keeps going down. I have 1 more dress to make for AK, 3 new star wars iron ones and then 1 pirate shirt for DH.

If anyone sees about 3 yards of the black pirate fabric with the red and white skull and crossbones please I am in desperate need. It is the fabric I used for the big give boy shirts and a few for Hunter. I also used some in a twirl skirt once. I can't find it yet.

Not that i am aware of as i am in Canada, but will have to research fabric places as the only one i am aware of is fabricland from purchasing some fabric for my daughters school project.........

Where in Canada are you? We have a few of us here and perhaps we can give you some ideas where to shop.
Welcome to this addiction!

DSC_4665.jpg

Love this! I need to try this pattern!!

Drumroll please. . . .

Here is my first dress ever from a pattern (Carla's Simply sweet)! It took me forever but I did it! I made Jordan's back to school dress! Her first day of first grade was today! She loved the dress and had a great day! My baby is still five and in first grade already (she turns 6 in a few weeks) - she is growing up too fast! It feels like she should still be in preschool.

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement and inspiration to try to sew! Not too long ago I didn't even know how to thread the machine! I've now made two regular sized and one ag sized pillowcase dress and my first pattern dress. My next project may be a birthday dress if I have time!

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

Drumroll please. . . .

Here is my first dress ever from a pattern (Carla's Simply sweet)! It took me forever but I did it! I made Jordan's back to school dress! Her first day of first grade was today! She loved the dress and had a great day! My baby is still five and in first grade already (she turns 6 in a few weeks) - she is growing up too fast! It feels like she should still be in preschool.

Thanks to all of you for the encouragement and inspiration to try to sew! Not too long ago I didn't even know how to thread the machine! I've now made two regular sized and one ag sized pillowcase dress and my first pattern dress. My next project may be a birthday dress if I have time!

IMG_0932.jpg

IMG_0927.jpg

:woohoo:Congrats:woohoo: on your first pattern dress it turned out great!

Love the fabric!

did u use a pattern for this skirt? if so was it easy? im really new to patterns, i like to wing things lol

love the 3sets.

aw thanks.. um yes it is a euro pattern that I modified a bit. I have a pattern cut out that fits my kids just perfect. it is modified from the farbenmix insa pattern

Lori,
You are going to either have to adopt me or come out west and teach me how to sew! Your talents are amazing.

I am in AZ in the west..lol... Thank you for the compliment.. years of practice from me... you do not want to see the things I made 15 years ago...lol

lori

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter