Disboutiquers Part 19 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would I attempt to do if I knew I wouldn't fail????

Hmmm...that's a weird question, I mean, I wouldn't be "attempting" it if I knew I wouldnt fail, right? I would just be "doing it".

Okay, i dont know various things flash to my mind...

Get back to weighing a size 8 in 1 year....
have a better relationship with my in laws

Ohh! Oh! Teach my husband to see dirt, and then do something about it- including picking up clutter, cleaning the kitchen, organizing the attic....weeding consistantly, how to mow the lawn and make a checker board, I would teach him to sand and repair wooden furniture, be ambitious about doing things around the house- I would teach him everything- if only he would then apply it!!
YES! THAT'S what I would do.
MM-hmm, I'm sticking with that answer.

World Domination!!! To invoke world peace of course! :hippie::lmao: You didn't expect that answer did you?!?!

Kira-I love :love: Circle E candles and Bird of Paradise is my fav too!! It makes my entire apt smell blissfully sweet!!

You might want to speak to my DD about this. It seems she and a couple of her friends have been working on this for awhile :scared1:

Oh Bother, page 5 already.

Oh well, I'm here and promise to keep up this year, and to sew more often and learn to appliqué and to finally take the plunge and to try to sew a vida for my DGD and follow Financial Peace University and... I'm tired already!

Happy 2010 Everyone!

After my many months of lukring, I was excited about my first "move" and I had to go to ballet, feed my children, and work and I missed it. I guess I'll hang around for the next one!

I am sad to not sew tonight, but it is my payroll night so I have to work. My dds have kept me busy selling Girl Scout cookies all day so no sewing today either....oh well! There's always tomorrow

I made it! Thanks for the facebook post!

Karen,did I make it before the LOSER page?

http://www.circleecandles.com/
They are my favorite candles. Just one candle makes my whole house smell. I love the scents. Bird of paradise is my favorite. My only issue with them is I worry that I will forget to blow out the flame one day/night. I am having some memory issues, so I figured I'd try a safer alternative. I'm already missing my Circle E though.
Oooh look.. they have "candle tarts" I think that is to put inside the warmer thingie. http://www.circleecandles.com/products/candle_tarts/natures_refreshing/bird_of_paradise
I went to their showroom in Texas once. It was candle heaven.

Wow...I finally made it home...Left work when we were on page 249 and got home after a salon appt. and here you are, already on page 5??
Circle E is my favorite too and Bird of Paradise IS the best. We also went to the factory in Fredrickburg last February. It was fan-frickin-tastic!! :dance3:

Ohh! Oh! Teach my husband to see dirt, and then do something about it- including picking up clutter, cleaning the kitchen, organizing the attic....weeding consistantly, how to mow the lawn and make a checker board, I would teach him to sand and repair wooden furniture, be ambitious about doing things around the house- I would teach him everything- if only he would then apply it!!
YES! THAT'S what I would do.
MM-hmm, I'm sticking with that answer.

Can I steal yours???? Love it!

By the way, I keep forgetting to post on here. We adopted a lab last month from Lab4Rescue!!!!

2009-10-28_0450.jpg

By the way, I keep forgetting to post on here. We adopted a lab last month from Lab4Rescue!!!!

Your new puppy is TOOOOO cute....congrats

2009-10-28_0450.jpg

Beautiful Puppy!!!!

Does anyone have a website for a free pattern for a fleece hat - the kind that is shaped so it goes down over your ears?????

Hi everyone! I haven't been in for a while but it's my one year anniversary on the Dis-boards and I am getting ready to plan our next trip to Disney.

I have been checking in from time to time and everything looks great as usual!

If anyone would like to talk or need me please pm me. I check in about once a week.

Hi TERESA!! Miss you all!

I am sure I will be posting a lot more soon.

Oh, and congratulations on the new babies ladies!

See what happens when I work late? Ya'll up and move. LOL
I'm here - now to go back to catch up. :cool1:

2009-10-28_0450.jpg

Oh My Gosh is he cute. I just want to scoop him/her up and smell his little head.

Beautiful Puppy!!!!

Does anyone have a website for a free pattern for a fleece hat - the kind that is shaped so it goes down over your ears?????

I'm not sure what your looking for but does this help.

http://kitschycoo.blogspot.com/2009/12/tutorial-wintery-fleece-hat-with-ear.html

I've just spent the last two hours or so reading through the manual for the embroidery machine I want, and watching a couple of videos on it. I am now more determined than ever to get it!

I know on the last thread there was some talk about the best (and least expensive thread) to get. I remember Marathon thread being talked about, but can someone give me some specifics. Is there a specific bobbin thread (perhaps pre-wound...I like using those for my quilt machine)...a specific top thread...best colors...etc.

Also, which stabilizers do you use? Tear away, wash away..... iron on..or not. I want to have a good stash before I get the machine, so that once it comes home I can play without having to go to the store for anything...

Yes, I am impatient! I want everything here at one time so I can play...did I ever mention I was obsessive?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you can give me in my pursuits of embroidery fascination.

Nini

Whew - I made it on the first day of the move! :)
Haven't gotten the motivation lately to get anything sewn, but did get my girls bedrooms painted as part of their Christmas presents. Hopefully get back to sewing soon!

I made it! I left work, ya'll were on page 246ish (that is a word, right?). Get home, run up to the library, where the very helpful librarian tells me yes, you are one book short. On the way home I think, I KNOW THEY MOVED!!

I just got here, you can't lose me that easy!

Carrie

PS. How do you all get the auto signature?? This isn't as easy as outlook!
I'm glad you made it!!!
What do you mean by auto signature? The one at the bottom of all my posts? Go to UserCP and there is a link to "edit signature".

I made it, wow you guys are fast. So jealous of everyone's new embroidery machines, I have been stalking e*ay and craigslist, I think I have a lead on a barely used Brother 700ii, fingers crossed it is in good shape, because a new one is just not in the budget. BUT I NEED ONE BADLY!! You guys are the only ones to understand because DH does not think I need one, "why do you need one, you already have a sewing machine" He just doesn't get it.:confused3

So what is everyone's new years resolution? I have three,
1. To lose weight the healthy way
2. To keep on a budget, we are credit card free for the first time since we have been married, it is hard, but defintely worth it.
3. To sew more and to start to learn to quilt.
Have a great night everyone !!!!

YES! You NEEEEEEEEEEEED one! I agree!

It would have been nice to meet! Some day we will. I always look for you guys in fabric departments! :) Why in the world would you not want to yell my dis name across the store?! :lmao: That would be funny! My real name is Rochelle.
My DH is a police officer. He sure has had a lot of strange cases lately. Maybe everyone is going a little crazy here because of the cold!:cold:

What a great price for flower girl dresses! Can't wait to see them!

We will do that sometime!

To those of you discussing anniversaries on the last thread...my 10 year is in July too...the 22nd!

Marah....what kind of puppy was that on the last thread? He's adorable! I've been trying to talk my DH into getting a dog.

That's right, I remember you said your husband was a police officer!!

Rochelle, that's our niece Courtney's middle name, I hope I can remember it now! Knowing me, I'll just start calling you Courtney!

I sent her a PM

Thanks!

Teresa - I do not know what my grandma did to earn the money...I will have to call mom to ask and I will get back to you on that....I guess I never asked...hmmm.
I would love to know! Do you have a picture of the ring?

:lmao: :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Cindee got me!

WOO HOO!!! Cindee's good!

I made it! Thanks for the facebook post!

Karen,did I make it before the LOSER page?

I think we decided page 10 was the loser page, and that can be overturned if you read the first post. ;)

th_2009-10-28_0450.jpg

Oh, cute!!!

Hi everyone! I haven't been in for a while but it's my one year anniversary on the Dis-boards and I am getting ready to plan our next trip to Disney.

I have been checking in from time to time and everything looks great as usual!

If anyone would like to talk or need me please pm me. I check in about once a week.

Hi TERESA!! Miss you all!

I am sure I will be posting a lot more soon.

Oh, and congratulations on the new babies ladies!

If I ever get back to my TR, you are mentioned in the next day! :thumbsup2 I've actually had it written for a few months, but I have to edit it!

Gee, page 6? I thought I was keeping up. I got my sewing room back this weekend (It had to be the guest room over the holidays--split personality). I used HeatherSue's applique tutorial to make a birthday cupcake appliqued simply sweet and a matching dolly version. Can I just say "I LOVE YOU HEATHER!!!":worship::worship::worship:
My previous attempts at applique look so amateurish compared to this one. I am really happy with how it turned out. The dress is a surprise for DD's 4th birthday this month, so I haven't had her try it on/model it yet. Will post pics soon, I promise.

disneygirlsndrew

Thank you! Isabella is a mutt- she's part Maltese and part Mini-dauschund. I say she's not a dog...she's a muppet!

So, I've been playing around. . . here's a couple of pictures! Keep in mind, I only have a few colors of embroidery thread at the moment, so the colors on the cupcake aren't exactly perfect. I need to order the Marathon thread, just haven't done it yet. . .

cupcake.jpg
names.jpg

The cupcake is a design from SWAK and the other are just what came in my machine - I was playing around with placement, etc. On the hoop now is a tinkerbell applique that I'm testing out for a top I want to make for Ella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter