Disboutiquers Part 20 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

So I haven't been able to sew in ages...we're having to pack up most of our stuff for some home repairs, and then we're hoping to sell our house since we live in a clown car right now! And since my sewing workspace/storage was the dining room/kitchen, it had to go to storage too. :(

I have been having fun with the other sewing ladies though, I've been making shop logos and banners, and we've been taking pictures! Here's the latest from Jennie at Absolutely Handmade. Hannah had a blast doing this:

bubblessm.jpg

I've been missing y'all over here at the DIS but it feels like with 5 kids and 2 of them toddlers, I hardly have time to think!

yay! i made it to the new thread...sooo, are all the digitizers going to eliminate certian designs? i am soooo sad, this can not happen now, i just got my embroidery machine!!! boo hoo!:sad2:

PAGE 5!!!!

I checked every hour all morning and we moved at about a half a page an hour at best. I went to the post office to pay the taxes and come home and you are on PAGE 5!!!!! What I wouldn't say if this wasn't a family thread:lmao::lmao:

AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Can we get a sign to go on Katie's door to tell me if I will be waking up a 10 year old or a teenager in the morning?!?!? I may not survive the hormone change in that child! Most mornings she is as sweet as can be...but then there are those days that...AAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Anyway....I am going to play with my new baby today! I haven't touched her since I got her 3 weeks ago...so much craziness going on! But, I spent all day yesterday getting all of the laundry done..yes, all of it! Vaccuumed the entire house, cleaned all the bathrooms, and mopped. I can sit down guilt free...right after I get back from Zumba that is! I am so excited!

Thanks for all of the prayers and support. I have done some reading back and it seems like a lot of us need prayers. I just know we will ALL come thru all of our stuff stronger and feeling better on the other side!

We had a great weekend. Visited some friends out of town for the day. Cleaned the yard up...I HATE SWEET GUM TREES!

Okay...I will post pictures later if I am actually able to do anything with my machine!

BTW---I know it has been answered before....where is the best place and what do you guys recommend for thread for the embroidery machine?

Tks!!!!!

YOU have been busy!!!!!

The test skirt for size 3/4 and a second variation of the pattern:

th_hula_ruffle1.jpg

Another skirt to test size 7/8. I'm very pleased with how this came out so I'm going to try a 10/12. I was worried that the ruffles would become too long but I think they still have the look I want at this length (I've decided I really prefer the rolled hem on the ruffles but I wanted to try one with a regular hem).

th_jane_ruffle1.jpg

One more variation to test as well as the test for size 10/12.
These are so cute!!!!

Here are a couple pictures of my A-line. Please excuse the crazy faces DD is making. She can be quite silly sometimes!

th_03142010001.jpg

crossing my fingers that this actually works

These turned out great! I suggest going for the Portrait Peasant next. The Simply Sweet and Easy Fit pants are great too. You will get them all eventually, so why don't you just buy them all right now!
HAVE YOU VOTED FOR TERESA JOHNSON FOR SEWING IDOL TODAY?? HERE'S THE LINK:

http://ck.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=A&c=12907&s=3102222&i=1&r=157178

You can vote EVERY day! Your husband/significant other can vote every day! Your children over 13 can vote every day! Your neighbor can vote every day!! Let's help Teresa win this thing!! We all know she deserves it!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
(and that she does a mean banana impersonation!)

If you've already registered and didn't receive a registration e-mail, try signing up with a gmail, hotmail, or yahoo e-mail address. You will almost certainly get an immediate e-mail if you use one of these services.

Thanks Heather! :hug:

Since I did make the first page I will now post some things I made recently!

A top for a customer: It's the Cathy top/dress. I didn't know if I was going to like this pattern (no offense), but once it was made I love it! It goes together so easily and can be nicely appliqued on!
th_019.jpg

A CarlaC romper for my neighbors little girl. Great pattern!! And so easy!
th_020.jpg
So very cute!!!! I love the little romper, and Jessie is adorable!

Drivin' by to say "I'm here!":car:

I haven't had much motivation to sew lately...but I bought fabric for Easter dresses for the girls, so I better find some soon!

I am now 18+ weeks pregnant with #3:cloud9:, and hopefully on Friday he/she will cooperate and I'll know if I am sewing for 3 girls or 2 girls and a boy for our November trip so I can start planning outfits!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:I hope he/she cooperates!!!

Hi...can anyone join in? :)

My name is Kelly, and I live outside of Philadelphia, PA.

I'm definitely a beginner at sewing, but I've made a few curtains, and (simple)halloween costumes for my kids...so I'm not totally new.

I need a hobby that gets me away from Facebook games..... so I've decided to try to fill my time with sewing.

My kids are a little old for most of the things here, but I have a few little girls in my life that will LOVE some frilly skirts and dresses.

and since I see you are 3 pages in after a few hours..I KNOW I will not be able to keep up :lmao:

:welcome: !!!

BIG GIVE - Sorry to be a pain, but I've had an email, but when I click on the link, it says my account hasn't been activated. Can anyone sort me out??? :confused3

We need to register you manually. I'll go check to see if anyone has done it yet.

ETA: I just got you registered, you should be able to log in now. :thumbsup2

So I haven't been able to sew in ages...we're having to pack up most of our stuff for some home repairs, and then we're hoping to sell our house since we live in a clown car right now! And since my sewing workspace/storage was the dining room/kitchen, it had to go to storage too. :(

I have been having fun with the other sewing ladies though, I've been making shop logos and banners, and we've been taking pictures! Here's the latest from Jennie at Absolutely Handmade. Hannah had a blast doing this:

bubblessm.jpg

I've been missing y'all over here at the DIS but it feels like with 5 kids and 2 of them toddlers, I hardly have time to think!

I'm not thumbnailing this cuz it's too cute; Hannah looks gorgeous and the photography is amazing! Great job!

Funny, Funny, Funny! I can SO relate!

Of course, now that I think about it, three days after I had my hysterectomy I was expected to cook dinner. I guess I should be grateful I still have a job....right? After all it does pay in great hugs and kisses!

Nini

I had this conversation with a friend the other day - in 14 years of living together, I can't recall a time when Matthew has ever done the laundry - despite having been knocked out to have my tonsils out, a D&C and a c-section!!!

Thanks! When are you going? We'll be at AKL Nov 12-21.

The only reason I want to start planning outfits soon is I'll be having the new baby 14 weeks before we leave!:scared1:

We are staying off site - 8-22. Hope's birthday is October 23, but that falls into UK school holidays so the price was $$$$$ more than the dates we've chosen. I'm still hoping to do a 'birthday' something for her, just haven't decided what or where yet.

Made the move! Inspired by all the great and gorgeous stuff that has been posted to get cracking on our generational photo outfits but must prep for Saturday's yard sale.

How hard is it to do stripwork? I'm thinking of doing a simply sweet with a stripwork skirt. I just have a sewing machine-no serger! Is there a certain width that works well?

I only have lengths of cat print left and thought I could use it up doing a stripwork dress.

Any other ideas?

I think stripwork is easy, all you have to do is decide how long you want the skirt, cut that length selvedge to selvedge, then make the strips from that, the width of the strips is up to you, wider strips mean less cutting and fewer seams. 4-5 inches is a good place to start. The number of strips used determine how full the skirt is. My DD likes full, twirly skirts, so my final measurement usually comes to 15"x 90" that needs to be gathered onto the bodice...that's 15" cut twice off a single fabric if I'm not making strips. Make sense? There's probably directions in the bookmarks if it doesn't, and CarlaC has a pattern on YCMT.

Can anybody tell me what I did wrong w/ the pics? I tried to thumbnail them per page 1, but I'm thinking I didn't do it right?
Pretty sure it only works on photobucket images.. Make sure you are putting it in front of the image name too and not the folder name.. should be th_ right after the last /

bubblessm.jpg

Love it!!! Are her pants minky?? I'd think she'd be hot.. I love minky though!!:lovestruc

yay! i made it to the new thread...sooo, are all the digitizers going to eliminate certian designs? i am soooo sad, this can not happen now, i just got my embroidery machine!!! boo hoo!:sad2:
I wasn't contacted by anyone and I didn't get in trouble for anything. But, I was a little bit freaked out by Claire's situation. So, I pulled the designs as a precautionary measure. You can still contact me on facebook or by e-mail!

Hi...can anyone join in? :)

My name is Kelly, and I live outside of Philadelphia, PA.

I'm definitely a beginner at sewing, but I've made a few curtains, and (simple)halloween costumes for my kids...so I'm not totally new.

I need a hobby that gets me away from Facebook games..... so I've decided to try to fill my time with sewing.

My kids are a little old for most of the things here, but I have a few little girls in my life that will LOVE some frilly skirts and dresses.

and since I see you are 3 pages in after a few hours..I KNOW I will not be able to keep up :lmao:
:welcome:!! It's not usually this crazy, just when we start a new thread!

I keep forgetting to ask this...

Used to when I would go to reply with my quotes the pictures would show up and I could see what I was commenting on. They did an update a few weeks ago, and now I don't see pictures. Anyone else have this issue??? I really liked seeing the pictures.. now I have to go and preview so I can remember what I am commenting on!! :rotfl:
I'm not having pictures issues. I wonder what's going on?

Since I did make the first page I will now post some things I made recently!

A top for a customer: It's the Cathy top/dress. I didn't know if I was going to like this pattern (no offense), but once it was made I love it! It goes together so easily and can be nicely appliqued on!
th_019.jpg

A CarlaC romper for my neighbors little girl. Great pattern!! And so easy!
th_020.jpg
th_021.jpg

These are too cute! I especially love the romper

bubblessm.jpg

Miss Hannah is too cute! Love that set on her!

The test skirt for size 3/4 and a second variation of the pattern:

th_hula_ruffle1.jpg

th_hula_ruffle3.jpg

Another skirt to test size 7/8. I'm very pleased with how this came out so I'm going to try a 10/12. I was worried that the ruffles would become too long but I think they still have the look I want at this length (I've decided I really prefer the rolled hem on the ruffles but I wanted to try one with a regular hem).

th_jane_ruffle1.jpg

th_jane_ruffle2.jpg

One more variation to test as well as the test for size 10/12.

GORGEOUS! I adore the butt ruffles! I think these might some of my favourite designs!

at I should get at least a couple modeled photos. :goodvibes

I have a 18-24/2t model, if you need one!

I'm not having pictures issues. I wonder what's going on?
I can see the pictures in the thread, but not when I go to quote in the message box. Does that make sense? Can you see pictures instead of the picture address when you quote? It was so nice. There is an option in the User CP to turn on advanced editing.. that is how I got it to work the first time. Sometimes I go days without commenting, but keep storing up my quotes. :lmao:
That is probably a good idea about the designs.
It is a shame that Disney can't just make good designs for us to use. I'd be happy to buy Disney designs if they made better ones. I think it is ridiculous that you can only use their designs on Brother machines too. That should not be a deciding factor in which machine you purchase when you purchase a machine. Instead of going after people.. maybe they should hire those people to make designs for Disney and sell them as licensed designs.

K now I am really going sew.. :rolleyes1
I need to make Hannah some more panties. She outgrew the last ones. Plus I found a pattern I like way better. She is allergic to elastic, so I make them without elastic and use very soft knits that don't irritate her skin. ;)

Heather Sue, how to I look you up on FB? if you don't mind, i want to add you to my friend list, in case I NEEEED your designs, I dont want to lose you too!:worship:

Sorry for the repost but the moves get so crazy.

I finally recieved my Vida pattery & I'm ready to dive in, but I have a few questions.

I am very fond of the butt ruffles. (not the side ruffles) I can't modify that much yet.

Where do you start these butt ruffles on the back? Do you put them on before you sew the back & front together like the ones on the front of the dress?

Can anybody tell me what I did wrong w/ the pics? I tried to thumbnail them per page 1, but I'm thinking I didn't do it right?

Looks like you put the underscore _ before the th instead of after.

Sorry for the repost but the moves get so crazy.

I finally recieved my Vida pattery & I'm ready to dive in, but I have a few questions.

I am very fond of the butt ruffles. (not the side ruffles) I can't modify that much yet.

Where do you start these butt ruffles on the back? Do you put them on before you sew the back & front together like the ones on the front of the dress?

Most I've seen have the ruffles just on the back center panel. I'd add them before attaching to any other pieces so the ends of the ruffles are enclosed in the seams with the side panels.

I am here...well I am actually at the POP trying to figure out the new phone and browser right to this site. Lol...:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter