DISboutiquers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, since I am multi-quote dumb -- here is my version!

All of the dog clothes are super cute! I would make my MIL's rat terrier something but she wont even wear a collar much less a custom!

billwendy: GREAT stash!! Since I live in a great place in Atlanta, I wish that one of my Wal-Marts would close their fabric dept. so I could get some of those deals!!!! (I am soo bad!)

As far as wearing white, I had never heard the not before Memorial Day rule only the "don't wear white after Labor Day". We always started wearing white on Easter and since it is early you should be fine! Maybe like another poster said, since I am from the South I had never heard it. And I also don't do the "after Labor Day" rule either. We can still be wearing summer clothes until Thanksgiving!

MsMcKenna - repost your Veggie Tales! Did I miss the finished product?

CampingGriswalds - the outfits are fabulous!!!! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!!!!

Princesssfws: I hear ya on the Gymbofriends site! Now I have another thing that I have to check on before I can get anything done!!!!!!!

For all of you in panic over the last thread disappearing. The post from the administrators said that all of the threads that were over 10000 posts would disappear as a test, but that they would be back. They are testing several options to see which works better for the overall system. Locking threads over a certain post count was one option, leaving things the way they have been was another. They are trying to figure it all out. The missing threads will reappear although there wasn't a specific timeline mentioned. I'm sure we will have access to the old thread in a day or two even if we are no longer able to add to it we should be able to read it. I belong to several monster threads and the fear and disappointment seems widespread. On the bright side things seem to be moving much more quicly today. Maybe a new thread every 5000 or 10000 posts isn't such a bad thing, it may make life much easier in the long run :thumbsup2

Hi Everyone,

Well, here is my stash from Walmart clearance - now, what should I make? Please give any suggestions!!!
100_0377.jpg

100_0378.jpg

100_0375.jpg

do you think these 2 were meant to coordinate? Flowers and stripes - are they okay????
100_0379.jpg

Guess who jumped up on Mt fabric? Think she wants me to make her something?
100_0380.jpg
:rotfl:

I am so jealous!! I went to Joanne's and found NOTHING Disney and left really disappointed!!! Thank you for your post! I will be running, not walking to Walmart today!!!

Sorry , but am I the only one this irritates? I came back this morning to see what you guys thought of my newest creations, and I can't even access the old thread. Couldn't it just be a "sticky"???? Anyway, because I am a shameless wanna be sewer, here they are again
Jammies
th_disneyskirt010.jpg

My first twirl skirt and re used Minnie head on a tee
th_disneyskirt007.jpg

th_disneyskirt006.jpg

We leave on Wed the 30th! Only 5 full days left at home. Good thing, because it's freezing and the schools are closed!

Love the skirt. It's perfect for AK. Have a great trip!

I'm posting here, but I'm not happy about it!!! Is it strange to be in mourning for a thread???? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 I'm not sure an introduction would be appropriate for me to write, seeing as how it would be on page 5 already.

:goodvibes I whipped this up for my little Dachshund

th_IMG_5673.jpg

th_IMG_5672.jpg

I think it fits the Schnauzer better. . .
th_IMG_5675.jpg

I think I will try to make something smaller for the Dachshund.

These outfits are really really cute!!!!

Maybe we should do some sort of an introduction to this thread in case people wonder about us??? I will leave that to Teresa or Heather since they were top posters on the original thread....go for it girls!!! :goodvibes

I guess Heather or I could write up something and have Tinka Belle put it in her post. Although, Castle Creations and Revrob were here from page one, so maybe they should do it?

So does this new thread mean that we've lost all access to the other one? I haven't kept up my lurking and looking at the wonderful outfits from the other post while we've been here in the world...and for a couple weeks before we left and now I'm thinking I've missed so much!!!!!

I totally understand their needing to avoid such long threads, they do take up a lot of space, but couldn't they just post at the end that the new thread is here and then close the old one to new posts but let us continue to glean (ok, steal) ideas from the old post!
I'm hoping we can at least look at the old posts!

At least this way we'll get to hear from some lurkers and people who don't post very often when they subscribe to the new thread. There were a few outfits posted yesterday, but I think the last page or two were discussing this new thread. Not sure though - I never got to the end of the old thread. LisaNJ mentioned that we almost made our 1 year anniversary, anyone know when that date was? I know it was in February.
It was in January, yesterday I realized we were about a week away from it. I think it was the 29th.
Sorry , but am I the only one this irritates? I came back this morning to see what you guys thought of my newest creations, and I can't even access the old thread. Couldn't it just be a "sticky"???? Anyway, because I am a shameless wanna be sewer, here they are again
Jammies
disneyskirt010.jpg

disneyskirt007.jpg

disneyskirt006.jpg

We leave on Wed the 30th! Only 5 full days left at home. Good thing, because it's freezing and the schools are closed!

Nope, you are not the only one it irritates, I can't even begin to tell you how annoyed I am! I didn't get to finish the last thread before the boards went down last night, so I'm not even sure if I got all the pictures saved for the Photobucket account! I'll get those up over there today though.

On a happier note though, I LOOOVE your outfits!!! Especially the Animal Kingdom one!! That looks great!! I love that fabric with the different animals on it. I have some of that somewhere!

I have to say this thread and it's Mother thread (i.e. the original one that's been dumped) was truely an inspiration for me!! I sewed pj pants for DH after hiding the fabric four years ago...yes you heard it 4 years ago. Tuesday I made the pants, today I'll finish the elastic and he'll be happy - 4 years in the making. Wednesday I whipped together a Scooby Doo pj dress for DD8 and after a quick visit to Joanne's yesterday, today I'm making sundresses for both girls.

I have to zip back to Walmart to get some fabric to make an Ariel applique for a white shirt (already have the matching fish fabric to make pants) and after the fabric post I'm hopeful that I'll find something with Disney on it for some other ideas.

It amazes me you all have the time for these things, but it definitely keeps you inspired. Thank you everyone for giving me that push off the couch and back to my sewing machine.

Hi Everyone,

Well, here is my stash from Walmart clearance - now, what should I make? Please give any suggestions!!!
100_0377.jpg

100_0378.jpg

100_0375.jpg

do you think these 2 were meant to coordinate? Flowers and stripes - are they okay????
100_0379.jpg

100_0380.jpg

OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!! Don't you just want to roll around in it!!! :cloud9:

Hi Everyone,

100_0377.jpg

100_0378.jpg

100_0375.jpg

100_0379.jpg

100_0380.jpg

I bought the same floral and stripe...LOL

Jammies
disneyskirt010.jpg

disneyskirt007.jpg

disneyskirt006.jpg

I really love the initial jammies! That is so cute! Where did you get that fabric. I don't think I've seen it before.

Your twirl and minnie head tee are fab! I would LOVE to find a minnie head applique like that.

I know you must be super excited about your trip. Hope you have a great time!

IMG_0032.jpg

I don't know who made this, but does anybody know where to get the straps from? I was hoping to make a bag like this for DD. She needs to organize her junk that she keeps in my car.

Not sure where to find that webbing stuff. Surely there's an online source somewhere. That bag is really cute!

This was an outfit I posted before we closed down..
300436462.jpg

300436472.jpg

I totally CASEd this from a :wizard: seller...LOL

Just saw this posted by the mod for this board - it's a quote from the webmaster. Looks like we'll have the thread back tonight. Woo Hoo!

From WebmasterAlex:

We need to evaluate the effect the "long threads" are having on board performance. In order to do that we will be "hiding" the long threads for 24 hours. They will come back so no need to panic
I will be shutting the boards down around 11pm to move the threads around and make some other changes.
If you are a participant in one of these threads please feel free to start another thread tomorrow.
A long thread will be over 10,000 posts for the purpose of this experiment

Alex

Alex

This is a stupid question, but here it goes. I was thinking of making matching dresses for the me and the girls for Easter. I had a dream (I know dumb to dream a dress then try to make the dress) that the dresses were white with blue straps and a blue sash around it.

Would that look alright on a grown woman? What about the white before Memorial Day rule?

I think it would look fine. I've always heard white after Easter & no one I know that isn't from the South has heard any rule about white.

Jammies
disneyskirt010.jpg

disneyskirt007.jpg

disneyskirt006.jpg

I think they're all really cute. Thanks for posting them again. I didn't get to see anything that was posted after about 11:30 yesterday morning. :headache: I don't mind starting a new thread as long as I can go back & finish the old one.

This was an outfit I posted before we closed down..
300436462.jpg

300436472.jpg

I totally CASEd this from a :wizard: seller...LOL

I LOVE it! I think I'm gonna CASE it too. (If I had a buck every time I said that...)

On the ranting topic again, the server is STILL acting wonky to me. When I click on the check mark to go to posts since my last post, it doesn't operate correctly - I end up WAY off from my last post. This time, I had posted TWICE after the place it put me. And it seems to be just as slow for me as it always has. What's up with that?

Jammies
disneyskirt010.jpg

disneyskirt007.jpg

disneyskirt006.jpg

Wow, Those are REALLY cute! LOVE the AK set. :love: Nana

Good morning everyone! So we moved? How sad! Hopefully everybody will find us again!

Can I ask how you ruffle? I know it sounds dumb, but I'm going to try it on the bottom of a shirt and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it.:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter