discovery cove

donpaul

Earning My Ears
i need to know about discovery cove.
is it worth the price?
i just love dolphins and want to swim with them.
how long is the swim?
please forward all info.

Um, first of all, you double posted. We hear you.

DC = Discovery Cove
SWF = Sea World of Florida

Is DC worth it? Yes.

The dolphin swim is 20 minutes. It's over in a flash, but it's amazing. The trainers make the dolphin do all kinds of tricks. The dolphin will give you a kiss, and you get a ride to the shore.

The lunch is included and the food is out of this world. It's served cafeteria style, but it's top notch. The food comes out fresh and it's amazing.

The 7 day pass for SWF starts anytime before or after you enter DC. Meaning, you can enter SWF with your reservation letter and they'll let you in, or you goto DC first then have 7 days of SWF afterwards with your badges.

Bring lots of Cash to buy fish food at the Key West area at SWF, because you'll want to feed the dolphins after visiting DC.

Lurk the boards here. There are many messages that will answer your questions.

Welcome aboard.

Click on my TR since you're new.

http://home.attbi.com/~robvia/SeaWorld1.htm

If you haven't looked at it the website for DC might interest you http://www.discoverycove.com/index.asp

Is it worth it? Well IMHO yes, each person will have slightly different views on it's "value" but it is a unique experience in many ways and if you break down the componants it's a fair price.
DC itself is a wonderful, relaxed and special day. Because of the limited numbers you can really soak up the atmosphere of the park and there are a number of fun things to do, all of which are topped off with the chance to swim with the dolphins.

Just to underline what robvia says , with your 7 day SW ticket you have access to SW for all of those 7 days (really 6 because you're unlikely to visit SW on the same day you visit DC JMHO) . You can start your SW pass BEFORE you visit DC ( up to a week before) or it is automatically activated on your day at DC. With the relatively high cost of DC it is possible to feel you have justified that cost by taking four (or more) half days to visit SW. This gives you the chance to really do justice to that park, keeps down the cost of entertainment for those days and also gives you the chance to either have a slightly more relaxed vacation than "commando park attacks" by not overly exerting yourself in the parks and leaving time for relaxing by the pool or maybe shopping etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter