DISers unite! MAMMOTH MAY MEET Epcot on May 17, 2009!

Hope DD does not see the post about Geico - scared to death to lizards :scared1:Only thing worse are snakes :sad2:
Oh, MK! can't wait:dance3:
Oh, the Dis Meet - really can't wait :yay::yay:
Meeting all you guys - yippeee:banana::banana:
Leaving in five, yes count them - five days :cool1:
Is she packed yet, you ask? Well, kinda sorta! I have started throwing things into a bag! That counts, right? :rotfl2:

Just want to say that you guys have helped make these last few months go by so fast and enjoyable! Never has the time flown by so quickly :thumbsup2My DD is even starting to appreciate the things I tell her about you guys! (I really think she just appreciates the fact that I have found people just as crazy as I am to pal around with if she want to go back to the hotel she can just leave me - hope one of you guys will "adopt me" for a few hours or so if that happens :lmao:)

See ya in a few

Myst - DO NOT EAT ALL MY DOLE WHIPS! YOU WILL BE SORRY FRIEND!!:lmao: I am literally counting the hours till I fast on my favorite desert!:love:

Hope DD does not see the post about Geico - scared to death to lizards :scared1:Only thing worse are snakes :sad2:
Oh, MK! can't wait:dance3:
Oh, the Dis Meet - really can't wait :yay::yay:
Meeting all you guys - yippeee:banana::banana:
Leaving in five, yes count them - five days :cool1:
Is she packed yet, you ask? Well, kinda sorta! I have started throwing things into a bag! That counts, right? :rotfl2:

Just want to say that you guys have helped make these last few months go by so fast and enjoyable! Never has the time flown by so quickly :thumbsup2My DD is even starting to appreciate the things I tell her about you guys! (I really think she just appreciates the fact that I have found people just as crazy as I am to pal around with if she want to go back to the hotel she can just leave me - hope one of you guys will "adopt me" for a few hours or so if that happens :lmao:)

See ya in a few

Myst - DO NOT EAT ALL MY DOLE WHIPS! YOU WILL BE SORRY FRIEND!!:lmao: I am literally counting the hours till I fast on my favorite desert!:love:

There is no chance of me eating even 1 Dole Whip sp you're safe :rotfl:

Dogs are busy chasing the lizard around now.

HAPPY to report MK was not even close to an 8 or 9. We got there a few minutes after rope drop. Walked on Splash and BTMRR. finally got my mom and mil to ride splash! It was HOT though. We came home for a break. I think we are going to see spectro and wishes next Monday and head to DTD tonight. We never waited more than 10 minutes for anything. The only thing I noticed that was a longish wait was peter pan at 40 minutes.

Now I'm enjoying a glass of wine while others nap. :thumbsup2

HAPPY to report MK was not even close to an 8 or 9. We got there a few minutes after rope drop. Walked on Splash and BTMRR. finally got my mom and mil to ride splash! It was HOT though. We came home for a break. I think we are going to see spectro and wishes next Monday and head to DTD tonight. We never waited more than 10 minutes for anything. The only thing I noticed that was a longish wait was peter pan at 40 minutes.

I love you! :lovestruc You have made my day! If the crowds stay even close to this I will be in hog heaven. As an alternative, I have made a huge decision: I am going to have my Dr. write me a letter explaining that due to my two back conditions and back surgery, I can't stand for long periods. Maybe that and a scooter will help me to have a place to sit down and wait my turn for rides. I don't mind waiting but I just can't stand very long. Trust me, giving in to the scooter is a huge decision. I am going to try the first day without it but if I have problems, I am going to throw in the towel. No sense in playing the martyr and being so miserable I end up back in physical therapy after I get back home. Family is so pleased. I normally don't give in to the pain but I decided that enough is enough.

P.s. We plan on seeing Spectro and Wishes Monday too!
Have fun. See you soon.

There is ALWAYS a line for Peter Pan.:headache:

Loving the live updates! Keep them coming!

I love you! :lovestruc You have made my day! If the crowds stay even close to this I will be in hog heaven. As an alternative, I have made a huge decision: I am going to have my Dr. write me a letter explaining that due to my two back conditions and back surgery, I can't stand for long periods. Maybe that and a scooter will help me to have a place to sit down and wait my turn for rides. I don't mind waiting but I just can't stand very long. Trust me, giving in to the scooter is a huge decision. I am going to try the first day without it but if I have problems, I am going to throw in the towel. No sense in playing the martyr and being so miserable I end up back in physical therapy after I get back home. Family is so pleased. I normally don't give in to the pain but I decided that enough is enough.

Have fun. See you soon.

We've rented scooters and wheelchairs from Disney, and they never ask for any kind of proof (Dr's note, etc.). Our experience has been that once you have the scooter, you will be able to use the handicapped-access areas everywhere. Cast members are extremely helpful, and will assist wherever possible (including bringing your scooter from the entrance of a ride to the exit).

Three recommendations: Ask for the Guide for Guests with Disabilities; rent as early as possible (they go quickly); and watch out for everyone else! People seem to behave the most like "tourists" when they go to Disney, i.e., they don't look where they're going. If you don't mind the challenge of navigating the great sea of humanity that is DisneyWorld, having the scooter will be a great blessing. :goodvibes

A few years ago my 10 yo DS was having a bad Asthma time, it comes in waves. We rented a wheel chair for him on days he was having trouble with breathing and we just let the CMs at the rides know that we did not need to be taken to the front of the line. They never said anything and never asked for any type of note from a doctor. I think if you need the wc or scooter, for what ever reason, Disney is very understanding of disabilities no matter how minor or severe.

Have fun. See you soon.

I wanted to chime in here with some suggestions.........

You definitely do not need a Dr. note to rent a wheelchair or scooter - pretty much anyone can rent one. BUT if you think you'll need to be accommodated with waiting on lines, may I suggest you go to Guest Services and talk to someone about getting a "GAC" card - Guest Assistance Card. You don't need a dr. note to get one of those either. Explain your needs to the CM and they will issue you a card indicating those needs on the card that you will then present at each attraction. I have a special-needs daughter who is in a wheelchair and we get the GAC every time we go. Even though her needs are pretty evident, having the card avoids leaving it up to a CM to interpret how we will be accommodated.

If you think having a scooter will make you more comfortable then go for it. Lord knows, WDW vacations certainly cost enough - and you should be able to get the most out of your experience being there. :)

lousy timing for us, but hubby caught the flu....pretty sure we won't be making it on Sunday :(

I can't wait to see pics of ya'll getting together!

Just checking in. We did Universal the last 2 days. Good time had by all! I did all the water rides this year. My undies were still wet when we got home. :scared: :rotfl: That is why I don't do them everytime!

Off to the Studios today. See you all soon!!

Just checking in. We did Universal the last 2 days. Good time had by all! I did all the water rides this year. My undies were still wet when we got home. :scared: :rotfl: That is why I don't do them everytime!

WHAT? You left the compound?!:scared1:

:rotfl:

lousy timing for us, but hubby caught the flu....pretty sure we won't be making it on Sunday :(

I can't wait to see pics of ya'll getting together!

Aww...that's too bad. I hope DH gets to feeling better.

Hey Myst! Hope you all are having a WONDERFUL time! Can't wait to meet you on Sunday.

WHAT? You left the compound?!:scared1:

:rotfl:

:rotfl2: I thought if you left the compound, Mickey hunts you down and slaps you with a few DISmerits! :rotfl2:

We are leaving around 5:30 in the morning! Look forward to meeting you all! Everyone have a safe trip and we'll see you there on Sunday.

Alan

I'm checking in one more time - to anyone who hasn't left yet..................

Save travels everybody and looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

Tomorrow at this time I will be on the airplane!!!!:dance3:

I'm checking in one more time - to anyone who hasn't left yet..................

Save travels everybody and looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

Tomorrow at this time I will be on the airplane!!!!:dance3:

Us too!!! I just checked in online. :cool1: (actualy just looked at the clock and realized we should be at the park 24 hours from now.

You flying out of Logan? We'll be on the 7am Delta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter