"Disney advises seeking legal council to ensure Ownership Interest has been properly conveyed"

obisbondgirl

Mouseketeer
About to sign the closing docs for my first every DVC contract. Extremely excited.

However the wording in the subject line has me nervous. There's a "change request form" with the closing docs to move the Disney records into my name.

Is it common to have a lawyer review before signing off? I've read the docs carefully and agree with everything else.

I've friends who've bought DVC and they did not use a lawyer. However I'm a very cautious person and this is a pretty large purchase for me. I'd be pretty upset if something went wrong without recourse.

I've reached out to the broker I'm dealing with to see if they can help calm me aha. It's one of the main brokers from what I've read on this site. So I don't anticipate anything unusual. Just interested in other people's experiences here as well.

I am confused what do you need legal advice on? Who is telling you this? Where was this comment put?

Trying to understand.

Also put the brokers web address in your response and preview and if it shows up then you are good to post the weblink as others might have dealt with the same thing at the same broker.

Your title company should be proving legal review. Is title insurance included in your closing costs?

If it is just you, it seems pretty straightforward.
If you have husband and wife on the deed, Florida has a special category for that, with some legal advantages. If you want title it any other way, you should consult a lawyer. ( I think it is Tenants in the Entirety - but IANAL)
If you are putting family or friends or a company on the deed, probably good to talk to a lawyer.

Thanks for your responses everyone. I think this is solved now. I spoke to the title company and the broker - they were quite helpful.

Yes I am paying for title insurance as part of my closing costs. And it's just me on the deed.

So they explained I am covered via the title insurance I'm paying for, in the event anything went wrong with the transfer into my name. Disney is just exempting themselves from any fault lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter