"Disney Amusement Park" planned for Israel?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
not sure what they mean by "Disney amusement park"..... what fits in 30,000 sqm?....a disneyquest type thing? 30,000 square meters is about 300,000 square feet....how 'big' is that?....in any case i have my doubts about the accuracy of this...

Real Estate

NIS 600m Disney park, multiplex planned for Haifa
New Lineo will build an entertainment center at the Check Post exit from the Carmel Tunnel.
3 January 11 14:06, Michal Margalit
http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000612861&fid=1124

New Lineo Cinemas (2006) Ltd., owned by the Edery family and Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) investment arm Shamrock Holdings, will build a NIS 600 million 25-screen multiplex and Disney amusement park at the Check Post exit from the Carmel Tunnel in Haifa. New Lineo owns the Cinema City Ltd. multiplexes in Ramat Hasharon and Rishon LeZion.

The entertainment complex will be built on an 80-dunam (20-acre) site and will include 50,000 square meters of cinemas and shops and a 30,000-square meter Disney amusement park. The land is owned by a local family.

The new complex will be near the Cinemall, which has stores and a 23-screen Yes Planet multiplex.

Haifa Mayor Yona Yahav said, "This plan expresses confidence in our plans to turn Haifa Bay in a thriving business area. The plan began with the municipality's assistance in the building of Cinemall and the upgrade of the mall, previously known as the Lev Hamifratz Mall, and the building of the transport hub for the cable car, which carries passengers up to the Technion and Haifa University."

Published by Globes [online], Israel business news - www.globes-online.com - on January 3, 2011
© Copyright of Globes Publisher Itonut (1983) Ltd. 2011

Is Shamrock Holdings really part of the Walt Disney Company? As far as I know it was the company of Roy Disney, currently still owned by the Disney family and one of the biggest shareholders of the Walt Disney Company.

As such they probably don't have the right to use the Disney name in combination with an amusement park.

Is Shamrock Holdings really part of the Walt Disney Company? As far as I know it was the company of Roy Disney, currently still owned by the Disney family and one of the biggest shareholders of the Walt Disney Company.

As such they probably don't have the right to use the Disney name in combination with an amusement park.

i haven't a clue.... i don't know how accurate this article is...
the paper is the top business paper here, but they would still probably just print a claim like this if it's told to them by some heavy hitter here, without going the next step and verifying with shamrock.....

i have my doubts....."disney amusement park" has been thrown around a lot over the years here and has obviously never come to pass.....so we shall see....
it's just such a tiny market, i can't imagine being able to support a park of any size.....although it's true that russian tourism has gone through the roof here (no visa required for russian tourists anymore)..

but i'm sure you're right - this probably has nothing to do with disney and a lot more to do with some guy throwing the name disney around...

I thought Steve jobs was the single largest share holder of the Walt Disney Company. Shamrock was the Venture Capital company of Roy Disney and Stanley Gold. I think the Roy Disney Family Trust is now the other owner of Shamrock now.

600 Million NIS (New Israel Shekels) is equal to about US$170 million.

And Shamrock Holdings is the investment arm of the Disney family and is a stockholder in The Walt Disney Company; it is not part of TWDC.

And there is a relaterd thread in the Rumors and News Forum which was posted about a half day before this was posted.

600 Million NIS (New Israel Shekels) is equal to about US$170 million.

And Shamrock Holdings is the investment arm of the Disney family and is a stockholder in The Walt Disney Company; it is not part of TWDC.

And there is a relaterd thread in the Rumors and News Forum which was posted about a half day before this was posted.

indeed - it's nonsense.....i was excited for about 1 second before logic set in...

moderators feel free to delete.... :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter