"Disney Bans Junk...."

Are you serious?! I totally forget my diet when I'm on vacation, especially in Disneyworld. Its so much more fun that way, plus its the one week per year where I just splurge on fatty, calorie-filled food!!! :)

Are you serious?! I totally forget my diet when I'm on vacation, especially in Disneyworld. Its so much more fun that way, plus its the one week per year where I just splurge on fatty, calorie-filled food!!! :)

:p

The article was written in fall 2006... they have already made the changes to the kids meals for examples...

That article is from 2006. I was there in 2007 and I was able to get a burger, a hot pretzel, Coke, fries and chicken fingers. Oh...and ICE CREAM.

And as I remember...kids did have the option of a cookie as their dessert from the kids menu, as well as apple slices, grapes or pudding.

The writer seemed to be anticipating a much more drastic change in the parks...

:rolleyes: ;)

But personally, I feel as if these are good changes. Disney does still want to make money so these not so good for you foods will always be available at their parks/cruises, etc....BUT, the every day products and fast foods are being cut and that is a good thing. It is SO sad to see an obese 8 year old. I own a gymnastics club that offers fitness for children. Several of the parents have been heard in our lobby...."If you are good in class today, we'll go to McDonald's!!" NOoooooooooo!!! McDonald's is not good for a 125 lb 8 year old or anyone for that matter.

Good for you Disney!!

I agree that the changes are good. But they also need to let parents make the decisions. Having a choice would have been nice. Not that they need the unhealthy food all week, but the selection is not great, and i know my girls really needed something different by the end of the week. It would have been nice to get a burger or pizza, and fries if the parent chooses. The grapes, carrots, and applesauce are great alternatives, but they should still be able to have a choice. My kids eat plenty of fruits and veggies but the options they have are limited.

LOL, Ditto, although when I'm in Disney, I splurge on carbs......I eat a high fat diet, so my enjoyment is more from the breads, cakes and sweets than anything else! I LOVE chocolate covered Mickey anything when I'm there! Hey, one or two weeks out of the year isn't going to kill anyone's diet. :)

That little blurb is SO misleading. It's true that Disney did cut down on SOME fatty foods. Mostly for the kids meals. But you still can get fries with every kids meal if you choose. You can stil get those large soft pretzels pictured with the blurb. I know - those are our snacks quite often. You can still get pastries galore at all the bakeries. You can still get funnel cakes. You can still get a burger and fries.

The truth is that you can eat healthy at Dinsey World. And you always have been able to. The truth is that you can eat unhealthy at Disney World. And you always have been able to.

Our kids ate plenty of fries, burgers, chicken fingers, cookies and pop in October, long after this article was written - it just wasn't the default choice.

Its EASIER now to eat healthier, especially for kids, than it was. Its a little - but not much - harder to eat junk for a week.

That little blurb is SO misleading. It's true that Disney did cut down on SOME fatty foods. Mostly for the kids meals. But you still can get fries with every kids meal if you choose. You can stil get those large soft pretzels pictured with the blurb. I know - those are our snacks quite often. You can still get pastries galore at all the bakeries. You can still get funnel cakes. You can still get a burger and fries.

The truth is that you can eat healthy at Dinsey World. And you always have been able to. The truth is that you can eat unhealthy at Disney World. And you always have been able to.

...personally, I don't see anything wrong with a pretzel. Actually, compared to other choices, a pretzel (WITHOUT alot of salt, of course!) is a healthier choice, since it isn't deep-fried, covered in chocolate (MY personal sin:rolleyes: !), or laden with sugar.....of course, I'm sitting here, eating raw veggies with a low-fat Ranch dip as I type this.....:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter