Disney Closing?

EliseM

Earning My Ears
A friend of mine called their travel agent to book a trip to Disney in January or February 2002 and the travel agent informed them that they think Disney World will be closed during those two months. Any truth to this?? Has anyone heard such a rumor?

ummm.....no. It won't be closing. Maybe she got the PO French Quartier mixed up. WDW is not closing.

I was talking to a customer of mine that was at WDW a few weeks ago and she had heard the same rumor that WDW was closing the entire park sometime in the Jan/Feb 2002 timeframe to consolidate repairs.

Hope not for those that had plans to go at that time.

John and Donna

This would be strange and unprecedented for Disney. Of course other parks are seasonal but I can't see Disney doing this especially at such a late date.

Am I the only one who thinks that Disney is cutting of it's nose to spite it's face? I thought the parks were it's bread & butter. Now they seem to be doing everything they can to discourage visitors. If this is true, why the heavy ad campaigns ib TV? They should announce such a thing - or at least not take ressies.

That image of Clark W. Griswald showing up at WallyWorld just popped up in my head.

John and Donna

Its very busy with visitors. To close for two months would be financially devastating to Disney. Not even Eisner would be that stupid.

HA! emmagata.,..I was just thinking the same thing!!!

Actually, we were at WDW last week and as we drove into Epcot's parking lot it was so empty we could not believe our eyes. We parked in the Amaze section on the 3rd row from the front of the parking lot. We began reciting lines from National Lampoon's Vacation..."Howdy folks, we're closed for 2 weeks to clean and repair America's favorite family fun park SORRY"

"The moose out front says you're closed...I SAY YOU'RE OPEN!"

I seriously doubt it....but heck....you know that Clark Griswold image? If they'd close, that would be my husband...and I'm not kidding. Our long awaited first trip as DVC members is in January!

With the marathon and President's Week, the start of Spring Training I highly doubt it. There are too many things going on. It amazes me at what some people can come up with. :rolleyes:

There is an ad in this month's Disney Adventures promoting the children's activities marathon weekend. While Disney may be consolidating operations for the normally slow period, I can't imagine that they will close.

Clearly, this is incorrect information.

The bigger question is: Did the travel agent refuse to book the vacation for them based on this "information"?

Its funny....with all the big changes that are happening at Disney right now, there are bound to be some really wild rumors. It will be interesting to see what all people manage to come up with.

And I think its inexcusable for a travel professional to spout off nonsense like this without double and triple checking sources...people tend to think that travel agents are reliable sources of information about travel destinations. I know that with Disney at least most travel agents actually know very little.

according to a woman i spoke to at cro "we are really busy" thats after i asked her if there were any discounts since occupancy has to be down.

I think they knew you like Disney and wanted to get you all upset. Maybe they are depressed and need some company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter