Disney Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottd7

Earning My Ears
Can anyone explain to me how the Disney Collection is worth it. How can they justify over 30 points per night at Art of Animation and other resorts? Am I missing something?

Can anyone explain to me how the Disney Collection is worth it. How can they justify over 30 points per night at Art of Animation and other resorts? Am I missing something?

There's a lot of overhead for DVC when a member books those rooms. DVC sends a room to CRO for them to rent as a regular reservation to pay for it. Considering that most deluxe rooms don't sell without a hefty discount, it's hard to recoup that money.

Good point! I guess the point of DVC is to stay at the villas, just thought I would ask. Thanks!

We stayed at CBR on our DVC pts - 4N=98pts. It was the best room view and location we've ever had at CBR

As a rule NONE of the cash type exchanges give a reasonable return. However, you'll occasionally come across a specific time and choice that will. Usually it's things that would not otherwise be discounted but happen to be discounted somewhat with the DVC exchange option like a holiday at a concierge.

Can anyone explain to me how the Disney Collection is worth it.

when a potential buyer walks in and says, "wait, i've heard something about buying resale and saving some money...", then the DVC salesperson can respond with deep concern, "you know, direct buyers have access to the disney collection and resale buyers don't."

then without even looking at the point charts (maybe only looking at a few glossy photos of the yacht club), the customer then cheerfully forks over almost twice as much money as they would have for resale and generally pays a higher finance cost as well.

mickey says, "oh yes. it's totally worth it."

:)

Hi all....

A reminder that using points for the Collections is one of our ongoing discussion threads, and the subject may be discussed in this thread: Using Points in Collections

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter