Disney Deluxe vs. Universal Resorts

Shellebelle

Earning My Ears
I could really use some help. I'm a big Disney fan and have stayed in all the MK resorts. We are planning a September trip to Universal and can't decide which on-site hotel is our best bet. I actually have an Entertainment Rate reservation booked at all three. Based on pictures the Royal Pacific theme appeals to me the most but I'm wondering if we would find the rooms to be too small..or too plain etc. I don't want to check in and kick myself saying I wish I would have gone with the Portofino. I know the Royal is the low-end of the three but I'm thrown off because it's considered a 4-star. Can anyone compare the Universal Resort rooms to Disney Deluxe? Size? I'm wondering if the Royal Pacific is really more like a Disney moderate? I've read quite a few reviews and I've found a mix of good and bad for all three Universal properties..although lately I've read more bad than good on the Portofino Bay..Help!

I have only stayed at the hard Rock and we Loved it!!! We loved it better than any disney hotel as far as hotels go(without the disney magic feel). The service and rooms were much nicer in our opinion.

But we loved the RPR. The theming and service is 4 star!!! I was put off to because I heard that it was the low end of the three. Well it is the best kept secret. I kept hearing the rooms were small but we thought it was just fine for 3 of us. To compare it to a disney resort, I would have to say it is about the same size or larger than a disney moderate. What I enjoyed is that at the Royal you have a hallway when you walk into the room. So this within itself makes the room bigger. At Port Orleans for example, you walk into the room and almost into a bed.

Hope that helps. You will have no regrets regardless of which resort you go with.

The Portofino rooms rated for the Smaller rooms are 435 SqFt I Believe the Larger Rooms have the Larger Bathroom. The Hardrock is 365 SqFt. and the Royal Pacific is 335 Sqft. This compares to some Disney Hotels. Grand Floridian 436 Sq Ft, The Contemporay at 440 Sq Ft, Wilderness Loge at 340 SqFt and the Caribean Beach at 340 SqFt, Other Noderates are smaller This is the Biggest of the Moderates.
Royal Pacific offers two Queen Size beds, Not full like Disney Moderates. Royal Pacific Rooms are decorated very nice and have large window views. Rooms are no way plain. Have Two phones, one cordless, Internet Hook up, and On Demand TV with movies still in theater. Mini Bar, Ample closet space ( With Iron and Iron Board). Room has coffee maker, table with two chairs, and plenty of Drawers.

I would have to say that Universal moderates offer more amenities in the room than a disney moderate would.... although I love both!!!!

I think that the rooms at Universal are much nicer and offer more amenities than the deluxes at WDW. We have stayed at all 3 at USF and all but GF at WDW, so I am not sure about that one :) .

Well, we just stayed at the GF in June (standard room) and then went to the HRH. The rooms are the HRH were bigger and IMO much nicer than a standard room at the GF.

Deluxe rooms at HRH are 500 square feet with two queen beds and a pull out couch. These are slightly more expensive than a standard room but worth it.

The Royal Pacific is much nicer than the Polynesian. It is more on par with the Yacht and Beach Club. Since the hotel is quite new it just feels good to stay there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter