***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl:
Tammi67 said:
Um.....point taken. I will let you all know what happens.

My brain thought the same way your did =- there isn't much white - why wouldn't it work -

I didn't realize that the light sheets have some degree of transparancy to them

This morning I got dressed and put on a long pink sweater - Julia said to me -Mommy you look so pretty in that pink dress - I really like it :love:

anyway - we were driving to school and she and Nick like to put their hands up on the hills and squeal like they are on a roller coaster - today she was particularly loud and screaming at the top of her lungs - I yelled at her to stop and she looked at me and said

"Mommy - did I tell you how pretty you look in your pink sweater today?" :rotfl:

bear74 said:
hey does anyone have a good gingerbread recipe. I also need an easy sugar recipe as I can not locate mine.

I have an excellent, and fairly easy, recipe, if you can wait until this evening - it's at home, and I'm at work. It is more like a cake than a bread/cookie, if that makes sense. It is the one thing I get requests for year after year. Been making it since I was 14.

julia & nicks mom said:
This morning I got dressed and put on a long pink sweater - Julia said to me -Mommy you look so pretty in that pink dress - I really like it :love:

anyway - we were driving to school and she and Nick like to put their hands up on the hills and squeal like they are on a roller coaster - today she was particularly loud and screaming at the top of her lungs - I yelled at her to stop and she looked at me and said

"Mommy - did I tell you how pretty you look in your pink sweater today?" :rotfl:
What a charmer!! Where does she learn these things?

Thanks for all the well wishes for Alyssa. We are back from the dr. Ear infection. Stopped off at the drug store and got amoxicillan. I also picked up some Zicam swabs, in case the rest of us start coming down with her cold. Has anyone ever used those?

My t-shirts are soaking in the ash solution and I am heading off to dye them. I am more nervous about doing this than I was about ironing. Wish me luck!

julia & nicks mom said:

How cute! :rotfl:

Tammi67 said:

My t-shirts are soaking in the ash solution and I am heading off to dye them. I am more nervous about doing this than I was about ironing. Wish me luck!

I am guessing her father!! :rolleyes:

If you get a chance - I have had some requests for pictures of the shirts rubberbanded - could you snap a couple of pictures?

My grandma just called me -

she wanted to let me know she had gotten my Christmas card and that she couldn't read my letter - I told her I would print it large for her -

THEN she says

and those are just horrid pictures of your kids - they are so cute and they just look awful in those pictures :confused3 (they are the pics from my signature)

Those pics are totally cute! I am afraid Grandma doesn't know what she's talking about!

julia & nicks mom said:

she wanted to let me know she had gotten my Christmas card and that she couldn't read my letter - I told her I would print it large for her -

THEN she says

and those are just horrid pictures of your kids - they are so cute and they just look awful in those pictures :confused3 (they are the pics from my signature)

I think your pics are cute! I like action "natural" shots usually a lot better than the posed photos. I was just telling my friends at work that I got the Xmas card with my nieces on it, and they both look so stiff and unpleasant in their standard photo in front of the fireplace. The ones my DH took of them over Thanksgiving playing around in the yard would have made much better cards!

Gee, your grandma doesn't hold back! :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom said:

THEN she says

Yep, those pics of your kids are SOOOOOO ugly!~ :rotfl: Grandma needs some new glasses!

bear74 said:
hey does anyone have a good gingerbread recipe. I also need an easy sugar recipe as I can not locate mine.

Here's mine. It's more of a cake than a dense bread. I enjoy using it to make trifle with. I also let my kids cut gingerbread boy and girl shapes out of it instead of cookies.

1/2 C. butter-flavored shortening
1/3 C. sugar
1 C. molasses
3/4 C. water
1 egg
2 1/3 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. salt

In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add molasses, water and egg. Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and beat until combined. Pour into a greased 15 X 10 X 1 inch baking pan (jelly roll). Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

This is really good straight from the oven with whipped cream, or a warm citrus glaze. But my kids always ask for the trifle. It's now a Christmas day staple at our house.

triplefigs said:
Yep, those pics of your kids are SOOOOOO ugly!~ :rotfl: Grandma needs some new glasses!

She is very blunt - when I was pregnant with Nick - I didn't announce for two months - but you know with your 2nd your stomach just pops right out - anyway i was still in my jeans but they were getting tighter and I went to visit her one day and she told me I was getting fat - THANKS!

Last year my cousin sent his Card with his dogs in the picture - she wanted to call and tell him those were not her great-grandchildren and she did not appreciate getting a picture of him

I guess when you are 90 you can say whatever you want!! :rotfl:

Tammi67 said:

Thanks for all the well wishes for Alyssa. We are back from the dr. Ear infection. Stopped off at the drug store and got amoxicillan. I also picked up some Zicam swabs, in case the rest of us start coming down with her cold. Has anyone ever used those?

I've never used the swabs, but I always keep a container of Zicam handy. It works really well for me. I love it!

julia & nicks mom said:
She is very blunt - when I was pregnant with Nick - I didn't announce for two months - but you know with your 2nd your stomach just pops right out - anyway i was still in my jeans but they were getting tighter and I went to visit her one day and she told me I was getting fat - THANKS!

Last year my cousin sent his Card with his dogs in the picture - she wanted to call and tell him those were not her great-grandchildren and she did not appreciate getting a picture of him

I guess when you are 90 you can say whatever you want!! :rotfl:

My goodness! Well, WE Think the pictures are great :teeth:

I'm having problems with my new computer. I was trying to do a t-shirt design for my nephew in photoImpact. He wants santa driving a dump truck. While working on it I tried to open my photos and the whole program just disappeared. I can open the program, but everytime I try to open my photos to get an image it closes. If I go into my photos I get a window explorer message and it closes. I have no idea what happened or how to fix it. First I thought that it was PhotoImpact so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it from the disk, but that didn't help. I ran my antivirus software software and no viruses were found. Now I'm downloading antispyware software to see if that is the problem. I also tried restoring the computer to yesterday, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

Deb

Just thought I'd share this with you all. Not quite as funny as some, but interesting nonetheless...

Comments Heard in the year 1955

"Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $70,000 a year just to play? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making as much as the President"

"I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They are even making electric typewriters now!"

"It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to go to work just to make ends meet"

"Marriage doesn't mean a thing any more; those HOllywood stars seem to e getting divorced at the drop of a hat".

"I'm just afraid the VOlkswagen car is going ot open the door to a whole lot of foreign business"

"The drive-through restaurant is convenient depending on the weather, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on"

"There is no sense going to the city anymore for a weekend. It costs nearly $15 a nigh to stay in a hotel."

"No one can afford to be sick any more; $35 a day in hte hospital is too rich for my blood"

"If they think I'm going ot pay 75 cents for a haircut, they can forget it"

:rotfl:

Back to shirts! The designs are printed and cut-out (after our printer (that really is an awesome printer) just decided to not print black anymore. I wish it worked so I could scan a picture of Snow White's and Jasmine's rainbow-colored hair to you all! :rotfl: Funny now, but MAN was I ticked! The "junky" printer is working just fine though.

Last load of shirts are in the wash. All I have to do now is make DH take back the half I bought because I just wasn't sure, and then start ironing!

julia & nicks mom said:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Tammi67 said:

Good luck! :wizard: PD for princess: Alyssa! Hope the rest of you don't catch it!

my3princes said:
I'm having problems with my new computer. I was trying to do a t-shirt design for my nephew in photoImpact. He wants santa driving a dump truck. While working on it I tried to open my photos and the whole program just disappeared. I can open the program, but everytime I try to open my photos to get an image it closes. If I go into my photos I get a window explorer message and it closes. I have no idea what happened or how to fix it. First I thought that it was PhotoImpact so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it from the disk, but that didn't help. I ran my antivirus software software and no viruses were found. Now I'm downloading antispyware software to see if that is the problem. I also tried restoring the computer to yesterday, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

Deb

Have you tried restarting this since all this began? I know you probably have, but I thought I might suggest it anyway. It is my answer to almost all computer problems.

my3princes said:

Deb

Yikes, you've tried everything I was going to suggest. I hope the spyware removal will help :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter