***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
disneygirl1977k said:
I saved your link but for whatever reason it won't open. Has anyone else been able to successfully download this?

I am in the same boat here....not able to do this either.....Kristy
It took a LONG time because the file is pretty large. I saved it to my desktop and then opened it in Photoshop.

:sad2: : After seeing all your fabulous t's I was inspired to try something myself. Of course we leave on 6/5 and I still believe :rotfl: I can do something. Well-after I decide which photo to use-DS in his Chef ofthe day hat with all CP characters-and I buy iron on transfer paper, I find out the transfer paper won't work with my LASER printer :sad2: :sad2:

Any suggestions I can still do buy Sat evening? :rotfl2:

Thank you!

bethbuchall said:
Sorry I can't help you out...I just went and tried it the way I wrote it, and it works for me. What version of PrintShop are you using? Maybe that's the difference. I have 5.0.

Beth
Mine says version 20. Mine is called "the Print Shop". Is that different than yours.

ksoehrlein said:
Thank you so much for sharing that! Now I just need to figure out which of our family photos should go in there...

What font did you use for the type you added? It seems like it's no longer editable text at this point, unless I'm missing something.

Are you a graphic artist, or do you just play one on TV? You seem very talented in Photoshop, and that's a hard app to learn (I should know, I've been struggling with it on and off for years). Great job!

I think I ended up rasterizing the text layers. Anyway, you should be able to delete those layers and create new text layers. Honestly I can't remember the font I used. I think Kaufmann would be pretty close. I was trying for an overall retro look.

While I'm not a professional graphic artist, it remains one of my passions like WDW. I am a professional photographer and as such I have to know how to use Photoshop.

For those not able to open the file, I suspect you do not have the full-blown version of Photoshop. It won't work with Photoshop Elements.

Have fun all.
JimmieD

I'm so glad I started this thread!!!! You all are SOOOOOO clever and creative!!!!

KEEP UM COMING!!!!!!!

Now...I just can't decide!

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
Mine says version 20. Mine is called "the Print Shop". Is that different than yours.

Mine says Print Shop Deluxe Version 20, I also have Print Master Platinum 10...
Geesh! You'd think one or the other would make it work!!!

JimmieD- what exactly is the "full blown version" you are talking about?

These shirts are all unbelievable! You've inspired me to push my husband to make these shirts :rotfl2: Really, he's more the creative type but I'll have to make him do it. I'm looking forward to hearing more about how to create these designs.

okwoodsmith said:
For those not able to open the file, I suspect you do not have the full-blown version of Photoshop. It won't work with Photoshop Elements.

I have Photoshop 7.0. I am still trying to work on it. I am afraid, however, that even if I do get it to open, I wouldn't know what to do next.

Gosh! You guys are so talented. I cannot wait to try some these ideas for our October trip. I am thinking I am going to make a special Halloween shirt for MNSSHP. I dont think we are going to dress up and want to wear something Hallowenny.
:rotfl:

I forgot about it until just now. I used gray tees with this design. By the third park day, this expressed just about everyone's feelings! :rotfl: (It's much larger on the shirt but if I put it up here full blown, it's may take a while to load for some posters, so I hope you can see it okay like this.) Thanks to the OP for starting this thread. You guys are really talented and I love seeing all the different shirt designs...great job everyone! :wave2:

feethurtgray.bmp

Lots of great shirt ideas...... really gets ones creative juices flowing :drinking1 can't wait to start to experiment and share the results. Thanks again for the ideas.

I don't know if anyone has posted this or not but www.t-shirts.com is great for making your own t-shirts. They have a whole bunch of styles and some cool pictures too. You can even download your own picture from your hardrive. It's reasonably priced too. I think it's like $22 for a shirt that has a front and a back design but the more you buy the cheaper.

:earsboy:

Do the shirts come EXACTLY as they preview on the browser? If the wording or photo is a little off center, will they adjust that for you? What was the quality of the shirt like and did they shrink a lot? It's really nice being able to upload your own image!

Thanks for the link!

triplefigs said:
Do the shirts come EXACTLY as they preview on the browser? If the wording or photo is a little off center, will they adjust that for you?

I actually just ordered my shirts today but I know that they will center the image/wording for you. I'm pretty sure they come exactly as previewed, but again I haven't actually recieved my shirts yet. I hope this helps, but I have no idea regarding the quality of the shirts but I'm hoping they're good because they sell other types of shirts as well, not only customer made.

:confused3

sandyhund25 said:
I actually just ordered my shirts today but I know that they will center the image/wording for you. I'm pretty sure they come exactly as previewed, but again I haven't actually recieved my shirts yet. I hope this helps, but I have no idea regarding the quality of the shirts but I'm hoping they're good because they sell other types of shirts as well, not only customer made.

:confused3

Will you please post a report on them (on this thread) when they come in? I'd appreciate it!

THESCHULTZFIVE said:

Mine is called The Print Shop Premier edition 5.0. It is at least 6 years old. I am still surprised that your version doesn't support .bmp files. If you double-click on the file in Windows Explorer, what program opens the file? Maybe you have an option of saving it as a supported file type in that program?

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Beth

okwoodsmith said:

YAY, I got it! Now I will work on it this weekend.

KellyluvsDisney said:
Gosh! You guys are so talented. I cannot wait to try some these ideas for our October trip. I am thinking I am going to make a special Halloween shirt for MNSSHP. I dont think we are going to dress up and want to wear something Hallowenny.
:rotfl:

We are going in October too. Check out this site with cute Disney halloween cliparthttp://clipart.disneysites.com/display.php?catID=221 .I wish I could figure out how to do it, but I'm still working on it.

I made everyone a t-shirt for a big family trip in August '03. Not everyone was thrilled to be wearing matching t-shirts though.....................

I bought some spray dye at Michaels, I forget the name but it was with all the fabric paints. I used five different colors and tryed spraying it on a dry shirt and wet shirt for different looks. I wound up using the wet application because it gave a look of watercolor to the shirts. I made a pattern on funfoam using plates to get the dimensions right. Then on the back I used a scene from the kids Disney Magic Artist cd rom, Cinderella castle with the monorail in the foreground. Using Disney font I wrote Mathews-Caswell-Engler World Tour 2003, wrapping the words over top of the castle.

August 2003 shirt front

back of August 2003 shirts

For my kids birthdays last year I made birthday shirts. This one I made using Microsoft Picture It. It says "Celebrating five years of adorable faces" and on the back it says "I brake for cake" with a little picture of a birthday cake.
Birthday shirt 2004

back of t-shirt

This has the front of my sons shirt, without the pink ribbon trim.
front of sons shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter