Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise 1/26/2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day bag: all cruise docs, ID, valuables, medications u can't be without, alcohol, swimsuits etc, camera. Basically anything you think you will need before your bags get to your cabin. If u have kids this is the place for things to keep them busy in the terminal and for their autograph books (unless u want a dcl one). I'm sure I've forgotten something.....

Awesome! That's what I was thinking, but it was nice to hear it out of a professional cruiser's mouth! Thank you for the help!

Mine will have many of the things already mentioned, plus my fish extender and door magnets - with such a big ship, I'll need all the help I can get finding my stateroom! :laughing:

I was thinking about including this too. Is it okay to start decorating our stateroom doors before we can actually go in the stateroom?
(This is our first time decorating the door and doing the FE, so I'm really a newbie here.)

I was thinking about including this too. Is it okay to start decorating our stateroom doors before we can actually go in the stateroom?
(This is our first time decorating the door and doing the FE, so I'm really a newbie here.)

You won't be allowed down the hall to your stateroom before you can go in it. So once you're at the door, you're home free! :thumbsup2

Stupid Cruise question...

What is everyone carrying on in their "day bag" when they board the ship? This is only my 2nd cruise, so I'm new to the whole thing and I have only a general idea of what to put in the day bag. Any suggestions would be awesome!
Anything that you don't want broken - have you seen the way those bags get thrown?

Now, my question - I've been watching the video from her arrival in Port Canaveral this morning - did anyone else notice the searchlights from the top of the Dream? Do you think those are for all the time, or just special occasions like first arrivals and maybe pirate night?[/QUOTE]
They used them at the Pirate Party we saw from the Magic.

Awesome! That's what I was thinking, but it was nice to hear it out of a professional cruiser's mouth! Thank you for the help!

:rotfl::rotfl:Now that's a business card (and profession) I could handle....professional cruiser....wonder who's hiring??:rotfl::rotfl:

Lucyloo... we are already on the list, but found out room number since we were in a guaranteed... 6164, we are Silver Members and have late dining.
-Lucy and Steve Riggs

Anything that you don't want broken - have you seen the way those bags get thrown?

Now, my question - I've been watching the video from her arrival in Port Canaveral this morning - did anyone else notice the searchlights from the top of the Dream? Do you think those are for all the time, or just special occasions like first arrivals and maybe pirate night?
They used them at the Pirate Party we saw from the Magic.[/QUOTE]

I think those searchlights were from the helicopters that were circling and taking pics for the news.....not from the ship (but I could be wrong). In 19 DCL cruises I have never seen the ship use search lights like that coming or going into port or on Pirate night.

MJ

Just wanted to stop by and say hi to everyone. Happy new year! We can't wait to meet everyone in a few weeks!

Nice to see another Illinoisian going on the cruise! I know its a big state but where are you from?

oh! I finally got my new signature done! Hurray!

Very cool looking signature
Excited to get going on this cruise:cool1:
Had to turn off the U tube fireworks because I want to be suprised it looks like we are in for one groovy cruise onboard this cool looking ship.
Peace
Tim:hippie:

I think those searchlights were from the helicopters that were circling and taking pics for the news.....not from the ship (but I could be wrong). In 19 DCL cruises I have never seen the ship use search lights like that coming or going into port or on Pirate night.

MJ[/QUOTE]

We were on the Magic when we saw the Pirate Party Firework show from the Dream this past weekend. The searchlights were definately coming from the Dream. After the fireworks were over the spot lights/searchlights filled the sky from both the front middle and back middle of the ship(could have been from the top of the funnels). Looked like the opening of a movie premier or something similar.

Pete & Faith

My son Gage 14 and I are looking forward to the Maiden Voyage on the Dream. Also, we will be staying at the Animal Kingdom Villas (01/24 - 01/26) prior to the cruise. We hope to see y'all there. :cheer2:

Hello, me and my family are schedule to go on the maiden voyage of the Disny Dream. I looking at making some name tags like the ones the crew wear.
Can any one point me in the right direction please?
The cruise date is coming up quick, and I would like to get this done.
Thanks everyone..

Hello, me and my family are schedule to go on the maiden voyage of the Disny Dream. I looking at making some name tags like the ones the crew wear.
Can any one point me in the right direction please?
The cruise date is coming up quick, and I would like to get this done.
Thanks everyone..

Welcome!:banana:

Follow this link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1936740
to Tom's custom name tag thread....I believe this is what you are looking for.

Lisa

MJ[/QUOTE]

Just watched a video put up on the Dis. There was a very good view of the spotlights on the ship. The front ones are where the antenna is. The video was the best I have seen yet.

Hi Everyone

Just a reminder - name badges and lanyards will be available at the following locations:

At Scott and Lynns BBQ at Key West on Tuesday, January 25.

At the terminal - I will get there fairly early - you will have to play "Where's Ken" to find me. It probably won't be to difficult - just ask the people with the special lanyards and name badges.

After Boarding - On Deck 12 - Starboard side (that's the ride side of the ship) - overlooking the Mickey and Donalds pools from 2:30 to 3:00pm - if it's raining, I will be on Deck 11, starboard side, between the two pools trying to stay dry.

If we can't connect in these places, you will have to call me in room 6554 and make arrangements for pickup.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter