Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise 1/26/2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Scott and Lynn!

Mark and Craig (marmist1) will attend the Pre Cruise BBQ at OKW on January 24th. Can you please add us to the list? Can we bring anything?

Morning fellow cruisers.
Two weeks and counting until we leave for Orlando.:cool1:
Cant wait.
It will be here sooner than we know.
See everyone onboard
Peace
Tim:hippie:

After Boarding - On Deck 12 - Starboard side (that's the ride side of the ship) - overlooking the Mickey and Donalds pools from 2:30 to 3:00pm - if it's raining, I will be on Deck 11, starboard side, between the two pools trying to stay dry.

Ken

Ahem Ken, NO it WON'T RAIN -I ordered nice warm weather for the entire cruise:wizard:

Disney Dream Inaugural Pre-cruise BBQ

Location: Old Key West – the particular BBQ area will have to be announced after we arrive. We will be trying to get the BBQ area at Turtle Pond.

When: Tuesday January 25, 2011 at 4:00 PM till ???

BYOB (Beverage/Beer/Booze) Beverages are available Turtle Pond BBQ Area

Meet your fellow cruisers before the cruise, stop by and have a hot dog or two and enjoy the company!

List of participants: Will bring:
Scott and Lynn (Scott H and Lynn G) – Hot dogs, buns and charcoal
Elaine and Margaret (Mickey&JoshNut) – Chips, cheesies and buttertarts
Shelly and Jane (DCLShel)
Peter and Jenn (Hygiene99)
Ken and Shari (Kpros) – Lanyards
Lisa and Teresa (Silver7)
Liz and Bill (Bill3540)
Alex and Carolyn (firstimers)
Denise and Steve (MommaLuvsDis) – Paper goods
Carol and Doug (PahrumpGirl) – Paper goods
Mary Jane and Kirstyn (MJGirl)
Liz and Neil (Pappy)
Mary K and DH (M Kasch)
Georgie and Joe (Bonzie1) – Cookie brownies
John and Barb (GrumpyGramps)
Christie and Ken (Dopeylover)
Ali and Mark (Alirob) – New Zealand Condiments
Linda and Jamie (Seaulater) – Navigators and AquaDuck Fast Passes
Peter and Faith (Yensidfan)
Bob and Dale and Gordy (Wrabitdad)
Joa and Mick (Bats) – British sweeties
Tracy and Bill (Winotracy) – Wisconsin cheese (maybe)
Cindy and Cara (Platinumcruzer)
Ira and Peg (PegIra)
Charlene and Andy (Charwac1)
John and Alison (jmcdonnell04)
Leslie and Joe (DisneyPinDiva)
Bob and Lee (BobandLee)
Wendy and Jasmine (JsMom2) – Condiments
Connie, Chuck and Patrick (Cquick)
Monica (mishoe01)
Cayla, Michael, & Gary et al
Lawrence, Mary and Elizabeth (cheflawrence)
Jose, Ale, Maria and Anna (Jmedina)
Janis and nephew
Jeanne & Jack (MadHatter)
Mark and Craig (marmist1)

Total: 78

Here is our current list of those who have said they were coming to the BBQ, if your plans have changed and you are on this list, please let Lynn or Scott know. If anyone else is interested, please let us know ASAP - folks are trying to figure out how much they need to bring of items they have offered.

For those who have offered this is what we could still use:
Don’t feel limited to this list, bring what you would like to share.
Also don’t feel compelled to bring something as your presence is good enough.
more Chips
Salads
more deserts
paper table cloths
Utensils
Locals if you could bring a cooler and Ice that might be nice to help keep stuff cool.

Could someone bring a stack of those Hello Name Tags and a sharpie or two? To use till Ken backs up and unloads the semi truck with the Lanyards.

I am picky about hot dogs and only get all beef, probably Ball Park will see what Sam’s Club has to offer. If some one wants to bring something different to grill feel free to do so.

As this is a large group and I do not want to upset the DVC Pool Gods, please do not plan on using the pool unless you have pool hopping privileges etc.

Please let us know, via PM or email, what you are planning on bringing and we will up date this post as we receive updates.

Also any help with set up and clean up will be greatly appreciated. Set up will commence at 3:15 ish.

Questions or thoughts let us know.

*room update* my wonderful travel agent was able to get us into a concierge family stateroom! We are now in 12504.

That's a large group meeting for the BBQ! Anyone staying at Country Inns and Suites at the port?

Slowly getting things ready to pack while also helping DD pack for semester in London.

Judy

Last call for the free name badges and lanyards. I haven't heard from these folks. And if there are any luckers out there, I need to hear from you right away!

all5ofus - ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
bradk - Brad
bunnymkc - Marianne, ?
chandraorme - Chandra, Bryan, Brad, Deborah
dibond38 - Diana, Steve, Emily
disneymommyof3 - ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
dizneyfan23 - ?
dovbniak - ?
eallison - ?
joy2themouse - ?
LAMPSKIES - Ron, Kim
mguptill - ?
PComer - ?, ?, Alex, Nic
redeweiner1 - ?
sleigh - ?, ?
spacegirlbobbie - ?
stingmom - ?, ?, ?, ?
The Goodz - Gerry Jr., Gerry Sr., Nancy, Nick, Janelle, Andrew, Madison, Cameron, Jennifer
zellda - Eric, Phyllis

Here is the list of those who have "volunteered" to share their stateroom for our tour on seaday. Details of the actual tour will be posted in the mini navigator for the meeting place and tour logistics. Time is scheduled for 1 p.m.

We are still looking for a stateroom in the following category. If you are willing to share, please PM me with info:

CAT T Concierge 1 Bedroom Suite with Verandah

I believe we are good on all the other categories!

If you are planning on touring, no need to do anything, you just show up at the designated time and place.

For the hosts/hostesses, please review information below in case I have typed anything incorrectly. Please PM me if any information is incorrect. Once again, thank you for volunterring to show your stateroom. We have some great ones listed and our tour will end with a visit to a Royal Suite!

Each participant will receive a tour guide when arriving at the designated meeting place.

Deck 5
5016 Cat 8D Mark and Tammie (CW04DVC)
5020 Cat 8A Karen and Sophie (CustardTart)
5150 Cat 5E John and Deb (EllaEnchanted)
5190 Cat 6B Shelly (DCLShel)
5552 Cat 5E Peg and Ira (PegIra) this is a handicap accessible room

Deck 6
6014 Cat 8A John and Barb (Grumpy-Gramps) this is a handicap accessible room
6504 Cat 9A Bob and Claire (DCL~Dreamer)

Deck 7
7030 Cat 5C Reed and Angela (Kreedham)
7032 Cat 5C Scott and Lynn (ScottH)
7033 Cat 11B Peter and Jenn (Hygiene99)
7675 Cat 10A Georgie and Joe (bonzie1)
7681 Cat 11B Ken and Christie (Dopeylover54)
7689 Cat 11B Leslie and Joe (DisneyPinDiva)

Deck 8
8002 Cat 9A Kaz NEED DISBOARD NAME
8104 Cat 4B Wedge and Merri (Wedge)
8504 Cat 9A Linda and Jamie (Seaulater)

Deck 9
9670 Cat 6A Mick and Joa (Bats) corner room with massive balcony
9674 Cat 6A Andy and Lin (DisneyDuo)

Grand Finale
12504 Cat V CAT V Concierge Family Oceanview with Verandah Judy and Jim (Magicalfam5)
Royal Suite (TBA)

EEEEK! :scared1: We booked this cruise just last night. Is it too late to join your DIS family?

Thanks for the welcome! Yesterday, I was excited. Today, I have the "OMG, what did we do?" apoplexy!

Yesterday, we blithely said, "Well, there isn't anything scheduled that day other than work :surfweb: and school :teacher:. WE COULD GO! :idea: "

Today, I am dealing with finding coverage for my work, a pet sitter for the hounds (and foster pups), and the reality that I need to find cruise clothes :laundy: and pack....not to mention that we missed all of the planning. Is there pirate: night? What do I need to pack? What do I need to know? What's the deal with the pin/RSP stuff, and why won't it take my reservation number? AND, what will my DS say when he finds out we're going? He left for a scout camping weekend and has NO CLUE. :laughing: :rotfl2: Ooops...we sort of accidentally booked the MV cruise without asking you if you would mind missing a few days of 6th grade...:lmao:

Planning team
Here is what I thought I could do for a golf tournment.
I will hang a bag out side my cabin door (Other than a FE). Write down your best score and age bracket. Over 16 and under 15 years od age. You can put in a score one time.
All scores must be in by 10 pm on Friday night. Winners will be annouced on Saturday.

I will have some fun prizes.
Just let me know if this is a go.
Thanks
Jeannine

Here is the list of those who have "volunteered" to share their stateroom for our tour on seaday. Details of the actual tour will be posted in the mini navigator for the meeting place and tour logistics. Time is scheduled for 1 p.m.

We are still looking for staterooms in the following categories. If you are willing to share, please PM me with info:

CAT V Concierge Family Oceanview with Verandah

If you are planning on touring, no need to do anything, you just show up at the designated time and place.

For the hosts/hostesses, please review information below in case I have typed anything incorrectly. Please PM me if any information is incorrect. Once again, thank you for volunterring to show your stateroom. We have some great ones listed and our tour will end with a visit to a Royal Suite!

Each participant will receive a tour guide when arriving at the designated meeting place.

Deck 5

Deck 6

Deck 7

Deck 8

Deck 9

Grand Finale
Royal Suite (TBA)
I have been looking for more info on this tour, and I see that you mention a mini navigator. What is a mini navigator and how do I get one?

*room update* my wonderful travel agent was able to get us into a concierge family stateroom! We are now in 12504.

That's a large group meeting for the BBQ! Anyone staying at Country Inns and Suites at the port?

Slowly getting things ready to pack while also helping DD pack for semester in London.

Judy

We're staying two nights at Doubletree hotel on the ocean in Cocoa Beach before cruise. We're doing Fishlips for dinner with family that lives in Rockledge FL on Tuesday night before boarding. How many nights are you staying at Country Inn and Suites?

I have been looking for more info on this tour, and I see that you mention a mini navigator. What is a mini navigator and how do I get one?

A mini navigator is a really KEWL little navigator that Linda (seaulater) puts together for the cruise...it will list all the activities our cruise group has organized and in the past she usually lists all the Disboarders names and staterooms...all in a handy little navigator, sorta like the ships daily navigators...only WAY COOLER (or KEWLER, as Scott says)!!!!!

Forogt to mention, Linda will probably be handing them out at Scott & Lynn's BBQ or in the terminal before we board the ship....

We are still looking for staterooms in the following categories. If you are willing to share, please PM me with info:

CAT V Concierge Family Oceanview with Verandah

Deck 5

Deck 6

Deck 7

Deck 8

Deck 9

Grand Finale
Royal Suite (TBA)

WOW Linda....that's an awesome list!!! Thank you so much for putting this together. I'm so very excited. My only request is that you take it easy on those of us that walk slow. It's a big boat.

FYI. Kaz is CustardTart....Karen and Sophie. I think they're doing a B2B and changing rooms. You might want to send her a PM to clarify.

We're staying two nights at Doubletree hotel on the ocean in Cocoa Beach before cruise. We're doing Fishlips for dinner with family that lives in Rockledge FL on Tuesday night before boarding. How many nights are you staying at Country Inn and Suites?

We are just staying for the one night before the cruise. Contemplating going to Downtown Disney.

Judy

EllaEnchanted - Hurray! Happy Birthday to our guys :cool1:

Do you have much snow up there in the poconos? We've just had a dusting. Praying for nice warm SUNNY weather in FL :goodvibes

Did you order a birthday package for your DH? We should have one waiting in our stateroom. You two are welcome to come eat birthday cake with us!

Lin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter