Disney Dream Inaugural Cruise 1/26/2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to say that we will be joining the fun! Can't wait!!

Ken P.

Glad to see the lanyards are taken care of. Add Jamie and I to the lanyard team! We will be happy to contribute to the inaugural Dream lanyard!

Hi!

My husband and I will be joining you guys. We will just be getting off the 11 night Christmas cruise the month before we leave for this cruise. With 3 kids in college, what the heck are we thinking!?! This will be our first cruise without kids! Now we are in major "save" mode.

Judy and Jim

What is everyone doing about trip insurance? We always buy off of insuremytrip.com but the price is kind of steep this time for some reason. (age is a big part of it) With the non refundable deposit, I want to be sure I choose the right one. We have never had DCL insurance and just wondering what they cover. Is there somewhere to go to view it?

What is everyone doing about trip insurance? We always buy off of insuremytrip.com but the price is kind of steep this time for some reason. (age is a big part of it) With the non refundable deposit, I want to be sure I choose the right one. We have never had DCL insurance and just wondering what they cover. Is there somewhere to go to view it?
you know in 12 cruise 13 and 14 booked
We have never got trip insurance, but that does not mean it is not for you!..

Linda count us in on the tour 7033 cat 11 no split bath.

But we might be the first one to sleep in the bed..
LOL

Peter

is anyone keeping a roster?

We have always bought insurance since a friend of ours was leaving the next day for a cruise, fell, broke her leg and had surgery instead of going on her cruise. They had to absorb it all. I do not gamble anymore like we use to. You just never know.........

Great question - I used a T/A and normally did not purchase DCL - instead used one that was recommended by T/A. This time the T/A recommended the DCL after some research. We all need to read the fine print, I am waiting for details. It is supposed to be a "cover-all" type, including the deposit. One catch "might be" that you have to be paid in full, before you can put in a claim. The quote I was given was reasonable (I thought).

Good Luck. If I see a policy, I can scan it.

I never have done trip insurance before, but I did it on this one. I was able to add on the DCL insurance for $69 per person and I was told that if something happened and by chance the insurance company didn't cover DCL would guarantee that they would move the $800 on deposit to another cruise.

I didn't want to take a chance and for $138 I felt it was well worth it.

STATEROOM TOUR UPDATE:

Category

5E - 5150 EllaEnchanted (John and Deb)

9A - 8504 Seaulater (Linda and Jamie)
9A - 8022 CustardTart (Kaz)

11 - 7033 Hygience99 (Peter and Jenn)

PM me if you would like to host/hostess your stateroom as part of the stateroom tour.

Date and time will be determined at a much later date.......

We always just go through DCL. I actually needed it one year when my son got that "cruise ship sickness" that was going around a couple of years ago. We were quarantined to our room for three days and the insurance paid me for 3 days lost for me and my son.

STATEROOM TOUR UPDATE:

Category

5E - 5150 EllaEnchanted (John and Deb)

9A - 8504 Seaulater (Linda and Jamie)
9A - 8022 CustardTart (Kaz)

11 - 7033 Hygience99 (Peter and Jenn)

PM me if you would like to host/hostess your stateroom as part of the stateroom tour.

Date and time will be determined at a much later date.......

No need to PM as we are right across the hall from Peter and Jenn, 7032 in a 5C,

I am not used to this new Cat stuff at all.....

Welcome Ken and Shari!

Linda... We have a cat 10A... somewhere on the ship! :rotfl2: We can host once I know where we are. Then Joe and I will take turns so each of us can take the tour too!

I was going to ask you about a scrapbook class too... especially for the first Dream :goodvibes

Ken... count us in on the lanyards.

Peter. I don't think anyone's doing the roster yet. I would volunteer, but right now I have no time until after Christmas... maybe then! Even if I did, I think my friends would stop me!

Sounds like many of you are friends from previous cruises!!

Did I hear someone mention a scrapbook class?!? I'm scrapbooking-obsessed, so count me in! :goodvibes

For travel insurance, I got mine through DVC (Travelguard?). Because of the strict cancellation policies, I was told if I hadn't purchased it by the end of the day yesterday I wouldn't have been able to get it! :scared1: I'm assuming that was just a DVC restriction.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you! :)

Ken: Count us in on the lanyard team! :lmao::lmao: (thanks for the logo btw... :rotfl:)

Since Peter volunteered his Cat 11 for the tour I guess you won't need ours... that way we can take the tour!! :thumbsup2

Although Linda's scrapbooking events are fabulous... I don't think we'll have time on a 4 nighter where everyone wants to explore the brand new ship...not to mention ride the AquaDuck as often as we can.... :rotfl2:

Hi all,
We would like to be part of the stateroom tour.

Cat 8D stateroom 5016 (Mark and Tammie).
:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter