Disney Genie+ and ILL$ Details & FAQ - Launches 10/19 at WDW, Paid "FastPass" at WDW and Disneyland (date TBD)

You can stand 2-3 hours to wait in standby, maybe ride 2-3 rides, and then go home for $100+ a day per person. What a deal.

If you want to ride the good rides, you're going to have to pay or spend most of your day in long lines.

The standby lines are going to be ridiculous.
Once again, I'm not judging anything until things actually unfold. Many people who were dreading this announcement seem pleasantly surprised. And also once again, I don't think it will be as bad as some seem to be insisting on. But also once again, people will continue to complain about something that hasn't even started or had all details fully released yet. But not sure why I'm surprised.

Loved max pass in Disneyland - this seems to be very similar. I know this costs more, but looking forward to not getting up at the crack of dawn however many days before the trip to book fast passes. Still need to plan dining in advance . . . .

If this were exactly like MaxPass as in it included all rides for $15 per day, 1 Lightning Pass at a time - I think I'd be OK with it. The fact that Genie+ essentially is a "Tier 2" paid Fastpass, like the fastpasses that were easy to get without waking up super early and you need to pay even more to get the Tier 1 Fastpasses is the worst part (or wait in the longest standby lines).

So, the big speculation for me is: What is considered a "Tier 1" attraction, and not included in Genie+ lite? If its just 1/park, the LL pass likely makes sense for me. But, if its multiple, it becomes a tougher sell. For example, if Magic Kingdom just has Mine Train, LL looks great for that park. However, if its Mine Train, BTMR, Space Mtn, & certainly Tron, all of the sudden its a tougher sell.

What do you guys think? Which rides won't be included...especially for the parks that didn't use to have tiers in the FP days?

So, the big speculation for me is: What is considered a "Tier 1" attraction, and not included in Genie+ lite? If its just 1/park, the LL pass likely makes sense for me. But, if its multiple, it becomes a tougher sell. For example, if Magic Kingdom just has Mine Train, LL looks great for that park. However, if its Mine Train, BTMR, Space Mtn, & certainly Tron, all of the sudden its a tougher sell.

What do you guys think? Which rides won't be included...especially for the parks that didn't use to have tiers in the FP days?
There seems to be 10 total rides. The only officially confirmed of those 10 are SDMT, Remy, and RotR. That leaves 7 others. Space was shown as having a "purchase" option on the video, so that could likely be another.

There seems to be 10 total rides. The only officially confirmed of those 10 are SDMT, Remy, and RotR. That leaves 7 others. Space was shown as having a "purchase" option on the video, so that could likely be another.
Yeah I’m guessing 2 per park and then rat and rise as the boarding group hybrid. 7DMT,Space SDD,MMRR Frozen,TT Navi,FOP. There’s the 10

I think I'll really struggle paying at a park like AK if the two Pandora rides aren't included. So, I'm paying $60 for my family of 4 to ride Everest & Safari a little quicker? Not sure that would happen. On the other hand, if really only a couple excluded at MK, could be of great value, when on a given busy day there could be 10+ rides w/60+ min waits!

If this were exactly like MaxPass as in it included all rides for $15 per day, 1 Lightning Pass at a time - I think I'd be OK with it. The fact that Genie+ essentially is a "Tier 2" paid Fastpass, like the fastpasses that were easy to get without waking up super early and you need to pay even more to get the Tier 1 Fastpasses is the worst part (or wait in the longest standby lines).

This. I bolded what really ticks me off. If it was MaxPass, I'd be cool with it.

I'm not thrilled about it, though there are some aspects I do like. I do think it could've been worse though, so there's that at least.

That pretty much sums up my feelings ...

My initial thought is that there does seem to be a system here that over time a standard skilled Disney planner will be able to 'make it work' and at least get the most bang for the buck ... but there's no way getting around that you'll be opening your wallet

I think I'll really struggle paying at a park like AK if the two Pandora rides aren't included. So, I'm paying $60 for my family of 4 to ride Everest & Safari a little quicker? Not sure that would happen. On the other hand, if really only a couple excluded at MK, could be of great value, when on a given busy day there could be 10+ rides w/60+ min waits!

Kids do you want to eat lunch and dinner or ride Everest? :)

So, when Eisner saw more demand than supply, he opened new parks….. is anyone talking about this ?

More parks means more operating costs ... basic business 101. Chapek wants to to lower park attendance and maximize spend per guest. Keeping crowds from growing (or even lower) means you can reduce needed staff, overhead, and operating costs saving $$$. Then increasing the spend per guest exponentially easily adds plenty of profit to offset any minor spending lost from the huge crowds.

It might not sound pretty, but by maximizing the per capita spend, I don't see any reason they would ever look to add a new gate, and in fact just push reduced staffing and more resorts to transition over to DVC.

I'm not happy about this for sure. It's cheaper than I thought it would be, but still too rich for our blood and honestly, it's just the frigging principal of it - pay $125+ for admission then have to turn around and pay another $15 to hopefully book some rides and then even MORE money if I want to ride 7D etc... all while they remove other perks.

I am curious how quickly passes will run out, since everyone will now be booking same day/time.

I'm not happy about this for sure. It's cheaper than I thought it would be, but still too rich for our blood and honestly, it's just the frigging principal of it - pay $125+ for admission then have to turn around and pay another $15 to hopefully book some rides and then even MORE money if I want to ride 7D etc... all while they remove other perks.

I am curious how quickly passes will run out, since everyone will now be booking same day/time.

While MaxPass was great for DL because you can pretty much do those parks over a weekend, this approach is going to make WDW vacations a hell of a lot more expensive as folks usually spend at least a week there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter