Disney Genie+ and ILL$ Details & FAQ - Launches 10/19 at WDW, Paid "FastPass" at WDW and Disneyland (date TBD)

If Disney pushed their most profitable quarter ever, everyone would complain that it was on the backs of their guests, and for how much money they make they shouldn't be nickel and diming their guests.
a few other things, (call me an apologist if you have to)
Disney makes significantly more then their competition, so it's difficult to keep breaking records from such a height, (and i'm sure they will)
US had less restrictions, which i would wager attracted more guests to them for longer periods of time then they normally would have, I'm looking at Floridians in general here. Essentially Covid causing problem, even if they were self inflicted
I agree that Disney is lacking right now compared to precovid times, but to say that one of the largest companies on the planet isn't an innovator or market leader, with their stock prices at almost an all time high (and before someone says it, stock price directly reflects sentiment about where the company is going, so yes the two are directly related) is foolish at the least.
I don't by less restrictions as to why Universal has done so good. I think many people aren't happy with the continued cuts. I expect come January you will see a big drop due to Magic Express going away.

To take it to Imagineering, the new additions are far from amazing. Webslingers is just Midway Mayhem with Spiderman slapped on it. Neither Tron or Remy are anything to write home about. They used to push boundaries and try new things a lot. Look at Velocicoaster, that pushes the boundaries and so does Mario Cart when it comes to Orlando.

so we are going to Disney in May and using genie + the two weeks we are there. We are meeting some friends a few days to

I was wondering if we want to use genie + with our friends, what is the best way of making sure we have the same times to all go together?

I don't by less restrictions as to why Universal has done so good. I think many people aren't happy with the continued cuts. I expect come January you will see a big drop due to Magic Express going away.

To take it to Imagineering, the new additions are far from amazing. Webslingers is just Midway Mayhem with Spiderman slapped on it. Neither Tron or Remy are anything to write home about. They used to push boundaries and try new things a lot. Look at Velocicoaster, that pushes the boundaries and so does Mario Cart when it comes to Orlando.
I think pent up demand for travel, and loosened restrictions definitely helped push them over, let’s see how they do next quarter.

just skip over all the innovative rides, flight of passage, and ROTR come to mind, but hey , whatever suits your argument haha

Also, can you please explain how velocicoaster “pushes boundaries”,at Best it reminds me of a more intense Everest. It’s definitely a cool coaster, but the six flags around me would compete with that one as well

Last edited:
I think pent up demand for travel, and loosened restrictions definitely helped push them over, let’s see how they do next quarter.

just skip over all the innovative rides, flight of passage, and ROTR come to mind, but hey , whatever suits your argument haha

Also, can you please explain how velocicoaster “pushes boundaries”,at Best it reminds me of a more intense Everest. It’s definitely a cool coaster, but the six flags around me would compete with that one as well
Velocicoaster does push boundaries. It has multiple inversions with only a lap bar. It's very intense for a coaster.

As far as ROTR and flight of passage go they are impressive. If you look at what they are adding none of that is impressive.

I do think Universal is going to have a good run for awhile. Its mainly due to the amount of Disney fans that have decided to jump ship. Look at amount of people just on this board that are asking for help planning a Universal trip.

Velocicoaster does push boundaries. It has multiple inversions with only a lap bar. It's very intense for a coaster.

As far as ROTR and flight of passage go they are impressive. If you look at what they are adding none of that is impressive.

I do think Universal is going to have a good run for awhile. Its mainly due to the amount of Disney fans that have decided to jump ship. Look at amount of people just on this board that are asking for help planning a Universal trip.
The hardos on these boards are not happy, that isn’t representative of the public as a whole. Universal still doesn’t come close to competing with WDW right now, could that change, sure, but that’s not what’s happening now. I hope it does happen, it would force Disney into a more competitive mode, which is good for everyone, but based on average length of stay at the parks, and the revenue gap in general, it’s not close right now

so we are going to Disney in May and using genie + the two weeks we are there. We are meeting some friends a few days to

I was wondering if we want to use genie + with our friends, what is the best way of making sure we have the same times to all go together?

My guess is the only way to do this will be to link your tickets through mydisneyexperience and book them as one. I am wondering the same - we'll be there also in May with a group of 11 and I'm afraid it will be hard to get 11 spots all together.

I haven’t used G+ and am not balking at the cost. My biggest issue is going into the day without my must do rides being guaranteed, as they were with FP+. I wouldn’t mind spending the $$ but I do want to ensure I get to ride the most important rides to me if I am spending that $$ and only going to WDW once a year at best (haven’t been since July 2019).

This bothers me too. We spend a lot of money on our Disney vacations. We are not local, we fly our family there. It's not like we can just come back later if we miss our favorites. With FP+, I knew I could ensure we had access to the attractions that are must-do's for us. It felt like an insurance policy. Now with Genie+ we are paying extra without the benefit of that "insurance."

If you decide to take the morning off and go to a park say at 2PM, can you treat it like a park hopper, not make a reservation and start getting genie+ after the park hopping time has started?

If you decide to take the morning off and go to a park say at 2PM, can you treat it like a park hopper, not make a reservation and start getting genie+ after the park hopping time has started?

As far as I know you must still ahve a reservation and it must be for the first park you visit that day, even if after 2 PM. You can only hop after you have scanned in for your reserved park. I do now know how that affects booking LLs with Genie+ though.

What you could do is to change your reservation to someplace else, make reservations at your afternoon park throughout the morning. Then either:
1) switch your reservation to the afternoon park before you go,
2) if there aren't reservations open, you'd have to tap into the first one,
3) absolute worst case would be when hopping isn't allowed into the second park and then you'd out of luck

What you could do is to change your reservation to someplace else, make reservations at your afternoon park throughout the morning. Then either:
1) switch your reservation to the afternoon park before you go,
2) if there aren't reservations open, you'd have to tap into the first one,
3) absolute worst case would be when hopping isn't allowed into the second park and then you'd out of luck
You can't use LL until after 2pm for a park you don't have a reservation to

My guess is the only way to do this will be to link your tickets through mydisneyexperience and book them as one. I am wondering the same - we'll be there also in May with a group of 11 and I'm afraid it will be hard to get 11 spots all together.

so what details would I need of there’s to link them

would they have access to my account like all my reservation, dining etc

Interesting, I tried it 2 weeks ago when I was there, and it blocked me🤷‍♂️. Maybe it was to late in the day
That is interesting. I wonder if it's possible to make a new park reservation late in the day, if you don't have anything booked earlier, or if they block all reservations after a certain time.

This bothers me too. We spend a lot of money on our Disney vacations. We are not local, we fly our family there. It's not like we can just come back later if we miss our favorites. With FP+, I knew I could ensure we had access to the attractions that are must-do's for us. It felt like an insurance policy. Now with Genie+ we are paying extra without the benefit of that "insurance."

How are you no longer guaranteed a ride on your favourite attractions without FP+?

I think you mean to say without FP+ you are not guaranteed a shorter wait for all your favourite attractions. You can still go and ride every attraction you want, you just might be spending more time in line now.

I guess you could look at it that way but there is no assurance that the stand by wait times will align with the other plans and reservations that I have. I think the biggest drawback that I see is not having control over my day beforehand. I enjoyed having the anxiety of ride selections over and done with and a plan in place to achieve what I felt my family’s best vacation experience would be.. I could then relax and enjoy the trip. Now, that anxiety will be shifted to 7:00 am every day of vacation. I worry about not being able to enjoy the trip as much, which is just stressful in and of itself with the amount of $$ being spent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter