Disney Genie announcement

Just remember that you don't NEED to use G+ on all of them to save time.

Definitely not all of them. But for sure the more popular ones. If I can grab a LL for something like Haunted Mansion, say. And that LL is an hour and a half in the future, I can spend that hour and a half knocking out several other rides on my list that have only 20-30 min standby waits, then skip a 50-60 min wait at HM. For me, that’s a win and worth the $$.

Question here that I haven't seen an answer to yet, please:

For guests that are staying onsite and therefore have access to the 30-minute Early Entry. If you get on Genie immediately at 7 AM to book a Genie+ reservation (not the paid one) - are there Genie+ times available to reserve during the 30-minute Early Entry, or are the earliest Genie+ times going to be after full park opening?

So I have an AP but my daughter does not. I was going to purchase her a ticket with G+ and add to me on the day we arrive. But I saw a few people comment we all need the same ticket type… am I better off getting her a regular ticket and adding to both of us on arrival day? Trip isn’t till January so have some time

JOOC, how has the virtual queues with G+ worked so far? How long are the wait times for Mine Train if you G+ it?

The biggest mistake people will make with G+ is trying to use it to save time on attractions before it's really needed. Success with this platform will not be found by how many LL's someone can grab but rather grabbing the ones that save you the most time for the best attractions at the most popular times of the day.
I don't see me using this for anything less than 30 minutes and honestly not before noon.

My party has a lot of little ones in it so we like riding the small rides a few times and we always RD as we are a morning people. I can see us using G+ for stuff we want to ride again when it gets busy. Or is the grown ups want to saddle grandmas and grandpas with the kids, using it for something with Mountain in the title.

Availability for the things we usually ride seems workable. At least on a Tuesday. I want to check back in this weekend to see how that goes.

This is what I read on Twitter about that..."Rise of the Resistance is down. Guests holding Individual Lightning Lane return times during the outage *should* have an all-day return pass appear in Genie once their time hits. Guests who do not have an all-day pass are being asked to go to the Guest Exp. Team. "
Our original window was 1225-125. Around 1215 we got an alert it had been converted to an anytime and were going to ask for a refund. Overheard someone say it was back up - we were already in Batuu. Ended up tapping in at 1226.

Definitely not all of them. But for sure the more popular ones. If I can grab a LL for something like Haunted Mansion, say. And that LL is an hour and a half in the future, I can spend that hour and a half knocking out several other rides on my list that have only 20-30 min standby waits, then skip a 50-60 min wait at HM. For me, that’s a win and worth the $$.
As even with FP+ it could largely depend on the time of day.

This morning for example, about an hour ago, Haunted Mansion was a 20 minute standby wait. Right now, it's posted 45 and actual 25 so split the difference and say 30. I'd be willing to bet, in another hour that standby will grow to or past 40.

The key to having the most success and riding the most rides will be in WHEN you book your G+ not how many you book.

Question here that I haven't seen an answer to yet, please:

For guests that are staying onsite and therefore have access to the 30-minute Early Entry. If you get on Genie immediately at 7 AM to book a Genie+ reservation (not the paid one) - are there Genie+ times available to reserve during the 30-minute Early Entry, or are the earliest Genie+ times going to be after full park opening?
Genie+ begins at park opening, not early entry......early entry is all standby

This morning for example, about an hour ago, Haunted Mansion was a 20 minute standby wait. Right now, it's posted 45 and actual 25 so split the difference and say 30. I'd be willing to bet, in another hour that standby will grow to or past 40.

The key to having the most success and riding the most rides will be in WHEN you book your G+ not how many you book.

When I did a test run earlier, HM was at 55 minutes, so that’s what I was going off of in my example. 🤷🏻‍♀️

In any case, we’ve used it very efficiently when we’ve had occasions to (have experience with original paper FP at both WDW and DL, FP+ v1.0 at WDW and MaxPass at DL). We RD and ride standby in the morning and then use the FP system strategically in the afternoon. We’ve had many enjoyable Disney vacays that way and I imagine we’ll continue to do so.

And that's the key - it's whole new system and the best practices for getting the most out of it won't be known until we have a bit more data (and which will vary during different parts of the year). For the "power users" this will be a constant balance between whether it makes more sense to use something now or wait until later when it might save more time. But - there is only so long you can wait without running the risk of running out of time on the day and leaving some possible ride reservations "on the table". (And this is why I've said this system hasn't reduced the planning stress - it's just moved it from before your trip to each day of your trip . . .). The casual visitor who never planned will proabably like this new system - those who planned and knew how to maximize their day before probably will not.

Very specific question, but I have a trip in a couple of weeks where I'll be using comp tickets, and I don't seem to be able to add Genie+ yet. Seeing people having success adding it across all their days, but when I click on it, it just brings me to the "Tickets and Passes" page but no indication I can do anything. Anyone else having this issue?

I asked this question in a chat and was told comp tickets cannot add Genie+ ahead of time, but will be able to purchase sane day Genie+ in app.

I honestly don't think the inability to stack is that big of a deal.

If you plan to be there early, you don't really need G+ until 11 anyway and if you don't plan to be there early, just book a later G+.

At 7, scroll and refresh until find a headliner with a return time of something like 10:20/10:30 then you're good to go.
We always take an afternoon break. Not being able to book at second until 11am is terrible.

Any need to get this if you already have DAS?
I wouldn't, but you might consider an ILL$ purchase for ROTR or FOP if the wait times are extremely long. You can't get any of the ILL$ rides during the new DAS (2 per day) pre-booking face-time interview, so saving the money on G+ for a few ILL$ purchases might be money better spent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter