Disney gift cards...

Sorry to be obsessive about this:dance3: but has anyone definitely been credited with the 10% (or 8%) for purchasing gift cards using Disney Visa Rewards? I don't want to transfer my rewards over if not. Thank you!

I can't answer your question because I haven't done it yet, but I just transferred my rewards over to try it. I went back and forth with my decision because we aren't positive if we're going to disney this year or not, but I decided that even if the 10% doesn't come through, I really wouldn't be "out" anything. Once I buy the gift cards, the money doesn't expire like it does on the rewards card. So, I figure it is worth a shot!

Now I just hope my rewards card arrives before the promo is over. My old rewards card expired in Dec 06 so I had to order a new one.

...but I decided that even if the 10% doesn't come through, I really wouldn't be "out" anything. Once I buy the gift cards, the money doesn't expire like it does on the rewards card. So, I figure it is worth a shot!

Thank you!

wow! I never thought about using the $$ on my disney rewards card to buy disney gc and get the 8% from SR!!!
If anyone has done it with SR,please post!!! I would love to do that before the 8% offer is over.
Or if Trisha is out there maybe she can confirm that this will work?

wow! I never thought about using the $$ on my disney rewards card to buy disney gc and get the 8% from SR!!!
If anyone has done it with SR,please post!!! I would love to do that before the 8% offer is over.
Or if Trisha is out there maybe she can confirm that this will work?

You can get % cash back for buying a gift card and using your Disney Rewards card to buy these gift cards. We have Disney at 10% cash back at QR this month and the people just love the promo. They use these gift cards to pay for upcoming trips.

I bought $500 GC using the Sunshine Rewards with my Disney Visa. This way I get credit both ways. I plan on applying it towards my trip. If it all works out I plan on buying the rest. The only problem is I wasn't planning on paying for 100% of the trip yet. but getting 8% back is great. Still waiting on the credit but I only ordered it Wednesday or Thursday of this past week.

It can take up to 21 days for the credits to show up for Disney GCs.

It can take up to 21 days for the credits to show up for Disney GCs.

Took much, much less with QR. I bought a total of $700 (in three different orders). Made a quick $70 at the 10% QR is offering!!! The last one I purchased was on Friday and it credited today!!! Put them on all my Disney Visa (another $7 in Disney rewards) and cashed out today on his special and saved myself another $16!!!! :cool1:

I'm so excited!!! The $25 for the $250 card I just ordered on Friday through SR is pending already. Isn't it crazy that I wish I owed more on my trip so I could buy more of them?? :lmao:

I priced a Panama Canal cruise for '08 at about $8500 (cat. 12 w/air)... I told DH it was too bad we couldn't afford to pay for it now... we'd get $850-900 through SR depending on cashout specials, another $200 if we booked through DU I think, $85 through Disney Visa... we'd have nearly $1200 for our shipboard account or enough for another Disney trip from that purchase alone! Too bad he didn't go for it :(

I ordered 150.00 through SR on Friday...it's pending! I may go back and order another 100.00 for our Nov. trip! :thumbsup2 Can't beat the 10% back!

I just got my Disney Visa yesterday (yeah). So just to get this straight in my head. I can use my Disney Visa to buy Disney Gift cards thru SR or QR and get 8-10% back in rewards which can then be redeemed for more GC or Disney Dollars. Plus I'll get the 1% rewards dollars for using the visa card. Then I can take the Gift Cards and use them to pay off my trip.
Our trip is booked thru Dreams Unlimited. How to I pay off the trip with the Gift Cards? Do I just call my travel agent and give her some information off the GC?
I would love to save 10% off our trip in Nov/Dec before I get any codes!
Thanks everyone
Angela

I hate to say this but this all makes since to me. If Dreams Unlimites will take Disney Gift cards you are all set.

I am still curious to know if you can use your disney rewards card (NOT the disney visa card - but the rewards card you get when you earn disney rewards through your disney visa) to pay for GC at disney shopping, and still get the 8% credit through SR.

I am still curious to know if you can use your disney rewards card (NOT the disney visa card - but the rewards card you get when you earn disney rewards through your disney visa) to pay for GC at disney shopping, and still get the 8% credit through SR.

Don't know about SR, but I did it through QR and got my 10% credit yesterday!! :banana:

I'm new to all this, but I'm soo excited! I'm off to transfer my disney visa points to my disney reward card, and then off to buy gift cards through QR. Thank you all so much!! Looking forward to saving and making lots of money for future WDW trips!!!! :yay:

Just found this thread! This is awesome! Didn't know about the Disney Rewards to purchase Disney GC through the reward sites (SR or QR) to get even more rewards! It's just endless isn't it?!

Now...if I could just COMBINE all my Disney GCs into ONE GC then I'll be even happier, but it is fun to have multiple I suppose!

I'm a little slow today but you can use disney gc's to pay for your disney trip? I never knew this. Can you use it when you book a trip online?

I have made several payments online using gift cards. There is an option for gift cards, reward card or credit cards

I have made several payments online using gift cards. There is an option for gift cards, reward card or credit cards

wow I learn something new everyday around here. I guess I missed it last time since I paid in full with my cc as soon as I booked the trip. I might try some of these point maximizing techniques next trip - 2008!!!:cool1:

Yes--I've done it through SR & QR.

On another topic--can you use the gift cards both online &/or on the phone to pay for room reservations at Disney? What about tickets? I would prefer to book my room on the phone & buy the tickets online. Information from anyone who has done this is greatly appreciated. I know a PP said she had used them online to pay for room, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter